Sign in to follow this  
Airline2Sim

Introducing - Airport2Sim Amsterdam

1 hour ago, nawarren said:

Hi Ben,

Great videos, and good value, really enjoying them. I'm up to video 4 and if i could point out one small issue. Video 4 at 45 min and 40 secs when you do your 747 control checks, you have your fwd and aft back to front. You push while saying full aft and you pull while saying full fwd. Just a minor point, but probably quite important when flying, don't you think? Lol. 

Really looking fwd (see what i did there) to your next airport, (maybe you could do a poll for suggestions) and your A320 training series. Be great to get into the guts of the FSLABS A320. 

Cheers

Neil

Hi Neil, you got me! I think we were on the third take by then and my mind was frazzled. Glad you're enjoying it. 

And yes look FWD (never aft) to the next one. The next big hub will be either BOS, DXB or CDG, we are still pondering. 

There is something coming before the next big hub that will take you all by surprise though, watch this space.

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

13 hours ago, DollarBill said:

GSX Level 2 Control Panel indicates 83 excluded .BGL is up to date.

I'm fairly sure this is a SODE issue as GSX is working. Perhaps try to run the live update as we had a previous customer with this issue and it turns out he was running the 1.6.3 version and you need 1.6.4. 

Please reinstall GSX and check you're on 1.6.4 version of SODE. Then run through the installation of the XML again. Sorry you're having these problems BIll, but we'll get you there. 

17 hours ago, Airline2Sim said:

Hi Neil, you got me! I think we were on the third take by then and my mind was frazzled. Glad you're enjoying it. 

And yes look FWD (never aft) to the next one. The next big hub will be either BOS, DXB or CDG, we are still pondering. 

There is something coming before the next big hub that will take you all by surprise though, watch this space.

KBOS would be great, then CDG. 

Bob Zolto

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Still no jetways steps taken to get jetways working:

• uninstalled SODE, reboot, Installer_SODE_v1.6.4.msi, and registered & active
  • changed files F:\P3D\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\FlyTampa\Amsterdam\scenery to off:

eham_vdgs.BGL.off
           eham_vdgs_cargo.bgl.off
           jets_static.bgl.off

• copied 000_EHAM_GSX_JWEXCL.xml to F:\P3D\P3Dv4 Add-ons\Addon Manager\FsDreamTeam\Exclude
  • used GSX Level 2 Control Panel to verify 83 jetways Exclude .BGL is up to date
  • copied five ehamA2S ini files to C:\Users\Bill\AppData\Roaming\virtuali\GSX
  • started P3D 4.4, selected airport EHAM, short of 18L started GSX / 7-Gate E... / 6-Gate E 8 with Safedock / 3 - Just warp... / and no jetways appear
  • choose GSX ‘customise this position’, click-on the upper right airplane icon, select apply, and 1.500 appears in Airport elevation. After Apply restarted the sim, restart coautl and refresh the cache, then results in no jetway
Edited by DollarBill

Bill Jackson

26 minutes ago, Bob_Z said:

KBOS would be great, then CDG. 

I just got a pilot who flies out of ORD on board too, so that's an option when FSDT drops. 

3 minutes ago, DollarBill said:

Still no jetways steps taken to get jetways working:

• uninstalled SODE, reboot, Installer_SODE_v1.6.4.msi, and registered & active
  • changed files F:\P3D\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\FlyTampa\Amsterdam\scenery to off:

eham_vdgs.BGL.off
           eham_vdgs_cargo.bgl.off
           jets_static.bgl.off

• copied 000_EHAM_GSX_JWEXCL.xml to F:\P3D\P3Dv4 Add-ons\Addon Manager\FsDreamTeam\Exclude
  • used GSX Level 2 Control Panel to verify 83 jetways Exclude .BGL is up to date
  • copied five ehamA2S ini files to C:\Users\Bill\AppData\Roaming\virtuali\GSX
  • started P3D 4.4, selected airport EHAM, short of 18L started GSX / 7-Gate E... / 6-Gate E 8 with Safedock / 3 - Just warp... / and no jetways appear
  • choose GSX ‘customise this position’, click-on the upper right airplane icon, select apply, and 1.500 appears in Airport elevation. After Apply restarted the sim, restart coautl and refresh the cache, then results in no jetway

Ok Bill. This is a weird one. I need to give it some thought. 

Do you have any other sceneries with SODE jetways and if so, do they work?

I have FlyTampa KBOS. It appears to work, however, don’t understand how SODE works to tell if it works or not. What is a good test?  Also have Orbx KSAN, Flightbeam KDEN, KIAD, KSFOHD, and FsDreamTeam KLAS.

Edited by DollarBill

Bill Jackson

4 hours ago, DollarBill said:

Jetways appear after installing GSX Level 2.  How can I be sure I'm looking at A2S jetways?

Dock at the gate and call up the GSX menu>operate jetways. You should then see an option to dock to a particular door. If default only then the jetway simply moves without asking you which door. 

I'm able to choose at E9 as follows:

1. - [] Airport2Sim EHAM Jetway 1 to L Entry 1 (1L)
  2. - [] Airport2Sim EHAM Jetway 1 to L Entry 2 (2L)*
  3. - [] GSX user Jetway n.2 to L Entry 1 (1L)
  4. - [] GSX user Jetway n.2 to L Entry 2 (2L)

If connecting Entry 1l and 2l, then I must choose one from Airport2Sim and the other from GSX. Not able to choose Airport2Sim 1L and 2L. Is this working correct?

Bill Jackson

33 minutes ago, DollarBill said:

I'm able to choose at E9 as follows:

1. - [] Airport2Sim EHAM Jetway 1 to L Entry 1 (1L)
  2. - [] Airport2Sim EHAM Jetway 1 to L Entry 2 (2L)*
  3. - [] GSX user Jetway n.2 to L Entry 1 (1L)
  4. - [] GSX user Jetway n.2 to L Entry 2 (2L)

If connecting Entry 1l and 2l, then I must choose one from Airport2Sim and the other from GSX. Not able to choose Airport2Sim 1L and 2L. Is this working correct?

That doesn't quite look right to me, but at least it's (mostly) working. Let me check it my end. 

Safedock system does not recognize Qualitywings Avro aircraft and gives a "Fail" signal and then a "Stop" signal.  It works OK with my Aerosoft A320's and Maddog MD80's. 

Thanks for making this Ben and James.  I don't even own FT Amsterdam, and bought the video anyway.  Guess I'll have to buy the extra scenery now.

Love the deep level of information you go into, the production quality and entertainment value.

I saw when you were resetting the ground traffic, your menus looked quite small - so I'm guessing you are running DSR to make the scenery look so good - is this correct?  Would appreciate any insight you can share as to how you make P3D so beautiful (as opposed to wonderful after-effects you are doing in post).

Thanks again for a unique product.

Cheers,
Billy

WW1294.png

9 hours ago, winged532 said:

Safedock system does not recognize Qualitywings Avro aircraft and gives a "Fail" signal and then a "Stop" signal.  It works OK with my Aerosoft A320's and Maddog MD80's. 

Maybe we need to direct RJs to a marshalled stand. I’ll check that, thanks. 

4 hours ago, bbilly05 said:

Thanks for making this Ben and James.  I don't even own FT Amsterdam, and bought the video anyway.  Guess I'll have to buy the extra scenery now.

Love the deep level of information you go into, the production quality and entertainment value.

I saw when you were resetting the ground traffic, your menus looked quite small - so I'm guessing you are running DSR to make the scenery look so good - is this correct?  Would appreciate any insight you can share as to how you make P3D so beautiful (as opposed to wonderful after-effects you are doing in post).

Thanks again for a unique product.

Cheers,
Billy

Hi Billy, I run at a 4K resolution - hence the small menus - with 30hz which makes the sim run smoothly. Apart from that it’s just REX SF, Orbx LC EU, vector, global and FlyTampa AMS. There is some post processing on the videos so it looks quite different. 

I’ll make a video at some point about my setup. 

• Like 1

hello I bought arport2sim Amsterdam scenery and downloaded the gsx file I installed it into my gsx and every was fine.

so I loaded FSXSE Amsterdam looked up my gate when it loaded me there the sode jetway and the old jetway where there. I clicked the exclude bgl on the gsx app.

I don't know what I did wrong. can someone help me.

thankyou joe 

1 hour ago, madmac81 said:

hello I bought arport2sim Amsterdam scenery and downloaded the gsx file I installed it into my gsx and every was fine.

so I loaded FSXSE Amsterdam looked up my gate when it loaded me there the sode jetway and the old jetway where there. I clicked the exclude bgl on the gsx app.

I don't know what I did wrong. can someone help me.

thankyou joe 

Hi Joe

Can you see SODE jetways and the default jetways at every position or is it just at the one gate?