Sign in to follow this  
kenp51

Getting ready to take the plunge to P3D ...

Even though FSX-SE runs fine on my system (high-end built last year), and I have more money than I'd like to think in addons, the temptation to get on board with technology that has a future is too great.  I'll go straight to P3D v4.4.

So, my question is: what can be carried over/will work with 4.4.  I understand that Orbx will let me install all that I have already have.  I would also like to have my AS16, Chaseplane, TrackIR, Plan-G and SPAD.neXt.  Which of these will I have to purchase anew?  I'm OK with buying new aircraft, since they will presumably capitalize on the new capabilities of 4.4.

Ken

Active Sky will need an upgrade, but you don’t have to buy the whole package again.  I’m pretty sure that Chaseplane doesn’t require an update fee.  Couldn’t tell you about the others you listed.  Lots of sceneries (other than ORBX) will also work with P3D4.4

I've been able to use almost all my pay and free add-on airports too numerous to list. FSDT, Flightbeam,Latin VFR Taxi to Gate, about all the magors.

Vic green

Thanks for the quick replies!  A follow-on question: I recently purchased the A2A C172 for FSX.  I see on their website they list the P3d version separately.  So I can't install my FSX version?  I got some Carenado planes too and they list FSX and P3D together.  Are they only for 32bit P3D before 4.4?  Or will they install but just not have some features/capabilities?  What would be missing if I did install them?

Ken

1 hour ago, kenp51 said:

A follow-on question: I recently purchased the A2A C172 for FSX.  I see on their website they list the P3d version separately.  So I can't install my FSX version?

Yes you won't,

A2A take the position of FSX and P3D are two diferent platforms, and they also have separate purchases for Academic and Pro versions of P3D with some eyewatering price differences.

But all said and done they make good planes in a class of their own and in the schema of first world problems they are worth a bit spending dosh.

If you recently purchased the FSX C172 from their own shop you should have acumulated some purchase points you can offset against new purchases.

I too had a few A2A planes in FSX that I'm slowing repurchasing for P3D, also if you've not come across Ant's aeroplanes before, they make a few planes of a similar type of quality to A2A for a fraction of the price, even has some demo releases.

https://www.antsairplanes.com/

Cheers

Edited by Rogen
spelling

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

Fs2crew is a double purchase I believe

ZORAN