Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

SimWings Gibraltar Professional

I really enjoy flying in and out of the SimWings Gibraltar Professional airport, but I can't help thinking that the upgrade to P3D v4 status was a golden opportunity to create an "internal detail" version of the main terminal. It would have really added to the immersion factor. I wonder if SimWings have any plans to do this in the future?

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I agree Christopher. I was pretty disappointed with the upgrade. The biggest disappointment for me was the lo resolution of the rock and the mesh. Maybe I'm a little naive, but I just took it for granted that the resolution and mesh quality would have been improved. I thought the whole reason for Aerosoft providing 'professional' sceneries, was that they offered something above the base airports, and by doing so could justify the additional price.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Bang on the button, Howard. Me too.I thought 'Professional' meant a level higher and better too.

13 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Bang on the button, Howard. Me too.I thought 'Professional' meant a level higher and better too.

Agree with you Rick but you're talking about Aerosoft. So they think it's a great market gimmick to imply just what most people would think the label "Professional' means/brings.

All it means is that the product is for v4. Incredibly misleading and reflexes very badly on them.

Aerosoft A320/A321 professional. Implys this addon for the A320 is the crème de la crème for anyone seeking a simulation of that aircraft, suitable for "professional" use!....right!!

Slapping on a "Professional' label means just what you said Rick and it must be sailing close to the wind if it's lawfully allowed. Am sure I could not make an electric Drill sell it for £5 and sell it in the UK as a "Professional' Drill and get away with it. But am sure it is legal. 

"Professional' meaning

adjective

1. 1.
    relating to or belonging to a profession.
    "young professional people"
    synonyms: white-collar, executive, non-manual
    "people in professional occupations"

2. 2.
    engaged in a specified activity as one's main paid occupation rather than as an amateur.
    "a professional boxer"
    synonyms: paid, salaried, non-amateur, full-time
    "a professional tennis player"
  1. 1.
    a person engaged or qualified in a profession.
    "professionals such as lawyers and surveyors"
    synonyms: white-collar worker, professional worker, office worker
    "affluent young professionals"

SimWings EGLL and LEBL are stunning, shame Gibraltar did not get the same "love".

• Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Spot-on, David, that's why I chose the FSL A320 because their previous so-called Airbus X Pro(AS),and subsequent renditions were/ wasn't worth it.

9 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

m sure I could not make an electric Drill sell it for £5 and sell it in the UK as a "Professional' Drill and get away with it. But am sure it is legal

Spot-on #2. Called exploiting the finer print.

Which got me thinking last night while flying the beautiful A320-214(FSL, WIzzAir,of course) of the number of developers that have singularly failed to deliver, be it on the initial product, that then required a 'fix', or an update, etc, etc and how much cash I have shelled out, just on this hobby alone. I must be loco! Or time to jack it all in and say, 'Sod you, no more easy cash from me now onwards!' Take up allotment hobby instead---at least I'd get carrots🤣

Edited by vc10man
  • Like 1

Not defending Aerosoft, as I too was disappointed with the Rock of Gibraltar modelling in the airport, but they were pretty clear on what their "Professional" airports stood for. Just that they were complied from the ground up with the v4 SDK, nothing more, nothing less. It's more or less comes down to the developer I suppose. Their EDDK Professional is a really nice airport, done by Jo Sund, whereas most of the simwings professional airports have been more or less straight ports to v4, and/or a layout update in some cases.

I dont get the point of modelling the terminal interior and stuff. How does that in any way add to the immersion in a flight simulator ? The only thing it will add is an increase in the size of scenery, and increased VRAM usage. 

4 minutes ago, ninerwhiskey9W said:

Not defending Aerosoft, as I too was disappointed with the Rock of Gibraltar modelling in the airport, but they were pretty clear on what their "Professional" airports stood for. Just that they were complied from the ground up with the v4 SDK, nothing more, nothing less. It's more or less comes down to the developer I suppose. Their EDDK Professional is a really nice airport, done by Jo Sund, whereas most of the simwings professional airports have been more or less straight ports to v4, and/or a layout update in some cases.

I dont get the point of modelling the terminal interior and stuff. How does that in any way add to the immersion in a flight simulator ? The only thing it will add is an increase in the size of scenery, and increased VRAM usage. 

It might be clear if you read through there forums and are enlightened like you are. But I don't see a "note" on their "Professional" range of products explain just what there meaning of the word is.

I agree EDDk is a stunning airport but part of that amazing looks is the fact when you pull up at a gate with the glass terminal you can see through it. I agree I don't need to see the toilets modelled. I turn off all people etc at that airport but love the glass. Just like EDDN also looks stunning for the same reason. Unlike now when I pull up and the "glass" terminals are just solid. They look old and ugly.

So I disagree the real looking glass terminals add a lot of immersion when pulling up at a gate or sitting at one from the start of a flight.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

To me, modelling the interior of the terminal would mean that the extensive amount of glass in front of me would be transparent, rather than a "picture of a reflection" which is not particularly accurate. The terminal is not large, so a detailed interior would not significantly affect performance. As for immersion......the main gates at Gibraltar are right in front of the terminal. All of that glass means that internal detail would be visible from the gates in the real world, and rendering that correctly in the simulator would significantly enhance the immersion for me.....because it would be realistic.

Don't misunderstand me though. I did not start this thread to "have a go" at SimWings or Aerosoft. I paid peanuts for the upgrade to the Professional version of this airport, so I have no complaints on that front. I just think that upgrading the terminal with internal detail and see through glass textures would be a nice touch.....and I would not mind paying extra for it.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

33 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

But I don't see a "note" on their "Professional" range of products explain just what there meaning of the word is.

Exactly the same, David. Had I known that they were just port-overs,I'd have given it a total miss!

Wondered why last night the GSX pushback of the A320 WizzAir at small parking, was on to the perimeter road  with trucks and taxis whizzing past and then completing the push-back onto a grassy surface at SimWings' 'Professional' Menorca(LEMH)?

Edited by vc10man

You mean professional is a buzz word?? 

Next you'll be telling me that 

Live, Extended, and Prologue are too

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

SimWings EGLL and LEBL are stunning, shame Gibraltar did not get the same "love".

Personally I'm also a fan of LEMD. On the whole, Simwings' 'professional' line of sceneries I don't think is bad at all and I've been happy with all those I got (EGLL, LEMD, LEBL, as well as LEMG). Now, the ones I would complain a lot about are the 'professional' airports from the developers that did the various German airports that Aerosoft offers. Frankfurt is quite nice on the whole, but Tegel was disappointing. It made me stop short of getting their Hamburg and Stuttgart, all of which, judging by the screenshots, really are nothing more than a P3Dv4-compatible re-compilation of FSX sceneries. I ended up getting JustSim Hamburg which, despite that the textures seem a little too 'clean' to me, seems to me much more like a P3Dv4 airport than Aerosoft's Hamburg.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

16 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

Personally I'm also a fan of LEMD. On the whole, Simwings' 'professional' line of sceneries I don't think is bad at all and I've been happy with all those I got (EGLL, LEMD, LEBL, as well as LEMG). Now, the ones I would complain a lot about are the 'professional' airports from the developers that did the various German airports that Aerosoft offers. Frankfurt is quite nice on the whole, but Tegel was disappointing. It made me stop short of getting their Hamburg and Stuttgart, all of which, judging by the screenshots, really are nothing more than a P3Dv4-compatible re-compilation of FSX sceneries. I ended up getting JustSim Hamburg which, despite that the textures seem a little too 'clean' to me, seems to me much more like a P3Dv4 airport than Aerosoft's Hamburg.

Love LEMD, LEMG is one of my Fav airports, love it. SimWings, on the whole, are first class.  Shame they sell through Tesco's 🙂 

• Like 1

Yeah, still pretty disappointed with Stuttgart. I don't even use it anymore.

- Aaron

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Love LEMD, LEMG is one of my Fav airports, love it. SimWings, on the whole, are first class.  Shame they sell through Tesco's 🙂 

Hah! Love that 😛

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case