Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

Test file for possible fix for CTD between Canada/Greenland

So I was on the GSX forum and stumbled across this thread where Umberto posted a test version of bglmanx64.dll to fix the infamous NTDLL crash when approaching Canada from the east (and possibly other locales). I don't think I've seen a thread about it here, so I thought I'd share so we can get more test cases going. I'm eager to try it out on a transatlantic flight as soon as I have a moment today. 

• Like 1

Thanks. Happened to me a number of times in a particular area. Fly 6-7 hours then bang! CTD

I was able to fly CDG - MEM without crashing. My exit point on the track was URTAK. It'll take a few flights before I feel confident that it's fixed but it's promising...

Just happened to me nearing waypoint Janjo on Canadian shores. What a wasted 5-6 hours!

I've been using the beta bglmanx module for at least a half dozen N Atlantic / Canada overflights and can verify it avoids the CTD problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

Just now, vc10man said:

Just happened to me nearing waypoint Janjo on Canadian shores. What a wasted 5-6 hours!

Using the beta module from the FSDT forum??  What was the exact nature of your event?

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks for the heads up, I didn’t know this had been posted.  Looks like people in that thread are having a good experience which is great, I’ll download it and give it a try once my current flight is done.

Good to see that we were on to something in that previous long thread about this issue.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, downscc said:

Using the beta module from the FSDT forum??  What was the exact nature of your event?

No, Dan, nothing of that sort, as I had not even heard of that 'beta  module' until I saw this topic while skimming the Atlantic. I was flying a straight PFPX-created Flight Plan and had not even chosen my STAR as I was still a fair bit away. Very quietly,unannounced, P3Dv4 just slipped away, and I do know I was approaching Janjo.That's one of the reasons, I rarely now fly East-West. In the QOTSII 747-8i Lufthansa pax version, Windows 10 pro 64-bit all up-to-date, except for the Nvidia drivers, the latest one that caused me so much grief, hence reverted.

I've been using it with great results for weeks as well on westbound transatlantic flights.  A word to the wise, keep a copy of the bglmanx64.dll handily backed-up.  If you happen to inadvertently run live update it will rewrite it with the previous version and the issues will return. Umberto intends to include it permanently in his next update but it may take a bit longer yet.     

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

This is weird. Re-set the entire flight from AS's EDDF to FT's CYYZ and been a cinch all the way through including the previous Janjo.

Descending right now into a clouded CYYZ, which leads me to think as I had so many windows open with AS,EFB2, etc,etc open, I may have inadvertently shut down P3Dv4. Only logical explanation I can give myself as EventVwr reported zilch.

From reading on the FSDT forums this fix or what every you want to call it has had positive feedback and has been added to the live updater. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Wowsers... After all those years and that 25 page topic. 

14ppkc-6.png

I’m thinking about dipping my toes into a trans-Atlantic flight.  Has anybody had any negative experiences with this mod?

I’ve safely flown westbound over Newfoundland, Labrador etc with no CTD’s since this fix was installed.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU