Sign in to follow this  
Carob

Trying RC - Few questions

2 minutes ago, Carob said:

SoCal Approach areas.  Around the San Diego area for sure.

I need an ICAO and whether it’s Clearance, Ground or Tower.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

11 minutes ago, Carob said:

KSAN Approach and/or Departure should do it.

These are the frequencies I have...

KSAN,San Diego Intl,134.80,125.90,123.90,118.30,122.95,0,119.60,119.60

ident, name, atis, clearance, ground, tower, unicom, multicom, approach, departure

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Looking at a different area and it doesn't seem to matter where I am.  If I compare the freq that RC gives me to what I would be on using the default ATC it seems to always be different.  At least for Approach/Departure anyway.

Are you looking in the f4.csv file for those?  If so, mine looks like
KSANSan Diego Intl-Lindbergh134.8 125.9 123.9 118.3 122.95 125.3 124.35

Why would they be different?  I even reran the Rebuild Scenery DB thing.

I'm noticing that the f4.csv file that's in the FS9 folder doesn't match the one that in the RC "data" folder even though RC was the one that put them there.  What's up with that?

6 minutes ago, Carob said:

I'm noticing that the f4.csv file that's in the FS9 folder doesn't match the one that in the RC "data" folder even though RC was the one that put them there.  What's up with that?

Probably because of restrictions with RC4 being in Program Files(x86).

Make sure you run with admin privileges but it’s best to move RC4 as I said earlier.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Probably because of restrictions with RC4 being in Program Files(x86).

Make sure you run with admin privileges but it’s best to move RC4 as I said earlier.

It's already installed, too late now.

Although it shouldn't matter on Win 7 anyway.

Once all of those files are created in the FS9 directory do they need to stay there?  Or do they only need to exist in the RC "data" directory?

No, it’s not too late. Move it out of Program Files(x86). It will still work. It will prove if it’s the cause of your problem.

They don’t need to reside in FS9 but they’re not doing any harm.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

No, it’s not too late. Move it out of Program Files(x86). It will still work. It will prove if it’s the cause of your problem.

They don’t need to reside in FS9 but they’re not doing any harm.

RC is also giving me Seattle Center of 131.0 and that freq isn't in either file.  Is that possible?

And when bringing up the default ATC to see what it wants to use, that's 128.15.

Edited by Carob

5 minutes ago, Carob said:

RC is also giving me Seattle Center of 131.0 and that freq isn't in either file.  Is that possible?

And when bringing up the default ATC to see what it wants to use, that's 128.15.

If you’re not going to do as I suggest there’s no point continuing this conversation. The f4.csv file is not being copied across. That’s your problem. A little appreciation wouldn’t go amiss. I’m just another user like you.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Forget default ATC frequencies. Use those provided by RC4. It works!

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Forget default ATC frequencies. Use those provided by RC4. It works!

It's isn't for me.  AI are not using the freqs that RC is giving me.  The vast majority anyway.