Sign in to follow this  
bosflo

To buy or not to buy

So I have been going back and forth on whether to buy RJTT from Technobrain. It's very expensive and the quality doesn't look that enticing. The problem is that there are no other scenery for RJTT anywhere. I don't know if there is an older freeware version that works for P3D V4.3 but I haven't found one. There was also talk about another developer doing the airport so I don't want to buy it and then next week another version comes out. I was already burned on ZBAA but that one wasn't too bad. If anyone has the Technobrain RJTT are you regretting your purchase? is there something special that's included? Does it come with Tokyo city scenery too? Thanks

I was in the same position as you a while ago, and was effectively advised not to get it, unless I really can't do without it. Hence I didn't buy it. However, they have sales once in a while, so you might want to wait for that... Though no idea when the next one might be.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

With a company name that includes nobrain maybe the answer is obvious? 😉

There have been a few Japanese developers but their prices are way too high. Your call if you think the quality justifies the price. It doesn’t sound like you’re convinced though.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

10 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

With a company name that includes nobrain maybe the answer is obvious? 😉

There have been a few Japanese developers but their prices are way too high. Your call if you think the quality justifies the price. It doesn’t sound like you’re convinced though.

Of course they have " no brain " ! 

Those guys are Japanese and their sceneries are developed by robots :biggrin:.

All the best,

Konrad.

I got it on sale and while I wouldn’t say I regret the purchase, it’s not one I’m thrilled about either. Quality is uneven — some of the modeling and texture work is excellent, while other spots look quite poor. Somehow the way they did the textures means the airport shimmers insanely from any kind of a distance (eg on approach). And of course the basic price is crazy high.

It’s a shame since RJTT is such an interesting airport (city location, relatively unique LDA approach) but I certainly can’t give this rendition a full-throated recommendation. When I fly there it’s because RJTT is such an interesting destination, not because the scenery is especially well done.

James

got it while on sale so wasn't too expensive.

shimmering was a problem because they didn't mipmap all the texture sheets, after mipmapping them myself, no more insane shimmering. 

it's a decent version of rjtt, runway lead in strobes use dynamic lights so lights reflect inside the vc which is pretty cool.  

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS