Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Some current and upcoming Aerofly 3rd party aircraft

The story thus far: A look at some current and upcoming Aerofly 3rd party aircraft

c5EyNe.jpg

xe7MZ6.jpg

d0bI3s.jpg

GLnN2f.jpg

yZlGot.jpg

StfV3b.jpg

VvXGXj.jpg

z3uKYO.jpg

ncoF7u.jpg

ewns6U.jpg

ADJs72.jpg

EidlWC.jpg

m2g9Me.jpg

KAw2sG.jpg

fK2mnK.jpg

CXykfw.jpg

1VybES.jpg

TxoAOI.jpg

Rr5kBO.jpg

juq05g.jpg

Gn4mNS.jpg

Kpowc2.jpg

g6fhwS.jpg

bTVGBC.jpg

Mo6x9V.jpg

G4WhJZ.jpg

zbsDYq.jpg

pY31Us.jpg

xrbQrl.jpg

ZeysRa.jpg

WITORQ.jpg

ioUts9.jpg

Ex8eXL.png

HlPYJJ.png

TuNhGM.png

• Like 3

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

The Optica should be fun. Really looking forward to the Duchess.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

Sigh!!!  :dry: ....yea, it's "nice to have" - and thanks for the efforts of all of those Freeware-Distributors.

Especially a big big thank you to  Krzysztof Kaniewski and his willingness to transfer all his Aerofly FS 1 stuff to AFS2 ---> have a quick look at his site here:  AeroflyFS hangar

But all of these new stuff going on doesn't cure Aerofly FS 2 from its main symptom:

Big Lack Of New Features !

After the release of IPACS new Robinson R22 I was hoping (also my hope was quite small indeed :wink:), that the guys from Tübingen (located in Germany) - MAYBE - will have another nice, more powerful one, in their pockets, ready for take of at somewhere.

- or at least dynamic water, which I've been waiting since their first release in 2012 !

- or this, or that, or better this and that..........

I'm afraid that IPACS have been fallen back into its old pace of development.  Maybe, and hopefully, I'm wrong. 

But time goes on for all of us, and they must consider that other well known flightsim companies are progressing too, with lots of features (and upcoming new ones) aboard already.

How can someone survive in the long haul at this rate?

Edited by KBUR
English and me are not married.
  • Like 1

A couple of them will be fun to have in the hangar, while others I know I won't get (even if they are/were free). I would much rather see them "fix" the aircrafts already in the sim, and by fix I mean make more in dept systems and working knobs and dials. I fell in love with AF2 for the photoscenery and the high fps, but I actually never fly it anymore because of the lack of systems. At least a working FMC / MCDU in the 737 and A320 would be nice, but looks like Ipac is more concerned about looks than realism.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

3 hours ago, KBUR said:

I'm afraid that IPACS have been fallen back into its old pace of development.  Maybe, and hopefully, I'm wrong. 

Deja vu.

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

7 hours ago, KBUR said:

But time goes on for all of us, and they must consider that other well known flightsim companies are progressing too, with lots of features (and upcoming new ones) aboard already.

How can someone survive in the long haul at this rate?

Hmmmmm......

I guess I'm just at a point in life where I'm simply a lot more patient than perhaps I once was.

In my memory, MsFlight arrived to the simulation community in a wave of hype, drama and controversy that filled zillions of threads, spawned miles of rants, sparked breathtaking drama..... and eventually faded away like a spent signal flare.

Same thing with DTG sim, which spawned not one, but two separate forums and a similar theatrical explosion of light and color before likewise diming to a fading memory.......

To me, this sparks the question of which path is actually more sustainable: loud, fast and colorful, or slow and steady work towards the the goal, whatever that goal is.

All this time later, Aerofly has outlasted both of its louder predecessors, and has inspired companies to not only produce planes and scenery for it but has also inspired a small insurgency of freeware developers that are steadily getting better.

I'm onboard with this because at this point in time and in life i've calmed down, taken a deep breath and accepted that in a niche market with small companies and even smaller development teams, sometimes slow and steady really might be the only way to have a realistic chance of winning the race.

Eventually.

In the meanwhile, I have X-plane and P3D and Flyinside sim, and a host of other amusements to pass the time while the acorn of Aerofly continues to slowly take root, like X-plane did so many decades before.

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

8 hours ago, jlund said:

I would much rather see them "fix" the aircrafts already in the sim, and by fix I mean make more in dept systems and working knobs and dials.

Agreed. The posted pictures of various planes may look nice and the work of all those freeware devs is appreciated but all those planes are all quite basic models and none of them come close to what you can get for P3D/XP when it comes to the actual simulation of things. I don't care about any of those models: AFS2 has more than enough 'empty flying 3D models' out of the box already. I do have my hopes set on the Duchess (since it's payware) but I'm not holding my breath.

2 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

has inspired companies to not only produce planes and scenery

You make it sound as if there are a bunch of companies working on addons for AFS2 but so far we only have scenery from Orbx (8 products including freeware) and Aerosoft (just one addon) and no planes at all (just an announcement from Just Flight). In short: AFS2 didn't inspire that much.

2 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

I'm onboard with this because at this point in time and in life i've calmed down, taken a deep breath and accepted that in a niche market with small companies and even smaller development teams, sometimes slow and steady really might be the only way to have a realistic chance of winning the race.

I am with you here. But also because I hardly fly anymore nowadays and for my current needs AFS2 is just fine as it is. I can wait. I do know IPACS is still working hard on AFS2 so there still is hope! A LOT more hope than there is for MS Flight and FSW. ;)

9 hours ago, KBUR said:

- or at least dynamic water, which I've been waiting since their first release in 2012 !

Stop waiting because it won't happen anytime soon. IPACS hasn't even announced/confirmed they will work on this. Or at least they won't work on this until ATC has been finished. No one that we know of is working on weather for AFS2. Unfortunately. It's number one on my list.

Yeah weather and some ground traffic so the world looks and feels dymanic instead of dead. I like AFS2 performance and TrueEarth Netherlands certainly shows what possible with it.

2 hours ago, J van E said:

You make it sound as if there are a bunch of companies working on addons for AFS2 but so far we only have scenery from Orbx (8 products including freeware) and Aerosoft (just one addon) and no planes at all (just an announcement from Just Flight). In short: AFS2 didn't inspire that much.

But! Absence of evidence (at the moment) is different than evidence of absence.

By that I mean, who knows what's going on behind the scenes? Perhaps we simply need a touch more patience. 

Also you forgot to mention the Spitfire from Flyingironsimulations

2 hours ago, J van E said:

The posted pictures of various planes may look nice and the work of all those freeware devs is appreciated but all those planes are all quite basic models and none of them come close to what you can get for P3D/XP when it comes to the actual simulation of things.

Thats a difference in expectations between us. I don't, and never will expect even near payware quality default planes from Ipacs. My criteria has always been merely that their offerings be competitive with FSX default, and from there it would be up to third parties to advance further assuming Ipacs provides the basic capabilities in the SDK, which is what they are busy doing, even as Jan (An Ipacs developer for those who don't know) steps up to provide enhanced assistance to developers, proactively helping create the braintrust that may eventually create the aircraft you desire.

Baby steps.

And again, patience.

• Like 2

Devons rig

On 2/24/2019 at 6:57 PM, J van E said:

Stop waiting because it won't happen anytime soon. IPACS hasn't even announced/confirmed they will work on this. Or at least they won't work on this until ATC has been finished. No one that we know of is working on weather for AFS2. Unfortunately. It's number one on my list.

Jerome you are probably right !!!

Time to put my attention, time and money (the last foremost) into other and more sophisticated simulators again.

Goodby avsim-AeroFly section! 

Won't post here again until IPACS is coming up with their next major release/enhancement.

PS:  If someone is interested in an AFS2 alternative, I can recommend to go deeper into FlyInside Flight Simulator Flyinside Homepage

---> this new Flightsim on the market has progressed pretty fast in the last couple of months since his release, completely unlike to AFS2.

Read some interesting reviews on Steam, if you like:  Steam Flyinside Simulator Reviews

I'll defenitely have a deeper look in this.  All in all it sounds very promising and seems to progress pretty fast :biggrin: !

All the very best.

Edited by KBUR
it's my secret.

Back to the subject of upcoming planes:

Boeing/Stearman Model 75 Kaydet flying in Aerofly FS2

wQcTGV.jpg

V8gfNe.jpg

sWjsqd.jpg

gJ4p4H.jpg

• Like 1

Devons rig

3 hours ago, KBUR said:

PS:  If someone is interested in an AFS2 alternative, I can recommend to go deeper into FlyInside Flight Simulator Flyinside Homepage

---> this new Flightsim on the market has progressed pretty fast in the last couple of months since his release, completely unlike to AFS2.

Read some interesting reviews on Steam, if you like:  Steam Flyinside Simulator Reviews

I'll definitely have a deeper look in this.  All in all it sounds very promising and seems to progress pretty fast :biggrin: !

I purchased this on the day it was released, and flew the demo before that.

I'm not really the type that feels the need to restrict myself to one or the other, so I actually fly many sims, appreciating certain aspects of each one.

• Like 1

Devons rig

I heard the VR in this sim is quite good. Are there any Airliners in the works for it?