Sign in to follow this  
lukejw20

Flightcontrolreplay questions

I recently purchased flight control replay and I have a few questions.

1: After recording my flight, how do I load what I recorded?

2: Where can I find an fcr file?

Any instructions or .pdf manual come with this purchase?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Yep, a PDF came with it. But I couldn't find anything related to my questions in the PDF. I was hoping someone here at AVSIM could answer them.

And I have another question unrelated to flight control replay. Whenever I switch to cockpit view and when the flight completes loading, the cockpit textures are completely black, though the textures load in after a few seconds. This only started recently. Is this normal behavior or is something wrong?  And it happens on all my planes, all of them. Thanks

Can someone please answer me? If you have a solution or any input for that matter, I'd like to hear it. Now whenever I minimize FSX and then enlarge it after a few minutes, the airport textures are gone but load in after a few minutes. All of this started shortly after I got Steve's FX DX10 scenery fixer, so do you think that could be causing all this?

Highmemfix = 0 in my FSX.cfg. I changed it to Highmemfix = 1. I'm gonna see if that solves my issue

It does fix the tarmac disappearing but not the black windows when I switch to cockpit view. Any other ideas? Or is this normal behavior?

On 3/4/2019 at 4:25 PM, lukejw20 said:

It does fix the tarmac disappearing but not the black windows when I switch to cockpit view. Any other ideas? Or is this normal behavior?

i think that's somewhat normal, that happens for me also, mainly on planes that have a lot of detailed textures like the PMDG ones, when i switch from external to interior view. i don't really minimize FSX that much so i'm not sure exactly about that specific case.. i believe that the issue is caused by not having enough videocard RAM to store the cockpit and external textures at the same time so when you switch views back inside it takes a few seconds to re-upload them. in my case it's a very old card with only 1Gb of RAM so at least that is my assumption, someday soon I hope to upgrade and will see if it still has this behavior. i don't use DX10 so i can't really comment about that but perhaps it is using more video RAM than the DX9 code also.

cheers,-andy crosby

On 3/9/2019 at 10:58 PM, spesimen said:

i think that's somewhat normal, that happens for me also, mainly on planes that have a lot of detailed textures like the PMDG ones, when i switch from external to interior view. i don't really minimize FSX that much so i'm not sure exactly about that specific case.. i believe that the issue is caused by not having enough videocard RAM to store the cockpit and external textures at the same time so when you switch views back inside it takes a few seconds to re-upload them. in my case it's a very old card with only 1Gb of RAM so at least that is my assumption, someday soon I hope to upgrade and will see if it still has this behavior. i don't use DX10 so i can't really comment about that but perhaps it is using more video RAM than the DX9 code also.

cheers,-andy crosby

Thanks!