Sign in to follow this  
Stelios

FSX Real World Weather

On 3/7/2019 at 7:21 AM, Berlopez said:

Like Stelios I find FSXWX too complex to install, and I'm afrais of ruining something else amd having to reinstall the Whole thing, has anyone heard or read anything if MS is signing Peace with Jeppesen?

Doubtful - MS doesn't maintain FSX anymore.  They wouldn't spend money if they would not be getting enough profit out of it to make it worthwhile.

On 3/12/2019 at 8:35 AM, Berlopez said:

Thanks Enko...Will report...

Also saw the written instructions,which I find easier to fallow...Still trying to understand how it downloads Real Weather and how I inject it into FSX...Just by Download real Weather option/ Download real Weather every 15 minutes option ??

There should either be a new option in the Weather Settings to select the weather for your add-on.  I have that for Active Sky and also REX Sky Force.  Otherwise, try selecting Clear All Weathers.  The sim will not use its default weather at all and your add-on can inject its own weather over that.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

Whenever I run the FSXWX.exe. as Administrator a window opens and when i press on Connect I get:

SIMCONNECT connection failed

??? What am i doing wrong ?!*

Berlopez

ps,This is so frustrating.

I second FSXWX, it's superb and free. The install is very simple following the instructions on the website, basically you just pop all the files in any older folder you wish, and replace two files in your FSX/P3D installation - simples! There is also a Youtube video guide someone posted above.

Simconnect is part of FSX, you need to have FSX running first before you can connect FSXWX to it.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I have a registered version of FSUIPC 4.1, Wonder if this will Work ? The guide states 4.9 or higher. Or if I just move my reg. version out to a temp. and  then install an unregistered version of 4.9

Berlopez

Edited by Berlopez

I have FSX in my C:\ Drive in a folder I created as instructed when one runs FSX in Windows 7; Today I checked for simconnect there and found it in the uires folder

ckyliu thanks for your reply and guide, how does one connect  FSXWX to FSX ? Sorry I'm hard headed, Is there a folder ? When I run the .exe I get a completely different menu page than that shown in the video ?

Berlopez

On 3/14/2019 at 12:10 PM, Berlopez said:

I have a registered version of FSUIPC 4.1, Wonder if this will Work ? The guide states 4.9 or higher. Or if I just move my reg. version out to a temp. and  then install an unregistered version of 4.9

Berlopez

Yes it does work with registered version.

To start click the FSXWX exe and after your FSX is running hit connect. Once you go to a location in FSX it should detect and inject automatically assuming FSUIPC is installed.

@Berlopez You just run FSXWX.exe and click the "connect" button, that's it.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

On 3/14/2019 at 11:31 AM, Berlopez said:

Whenever I run the FSXWX.exe. as Administrator a window opens and when i press on Connect I get:

SIMCONNECT connection failed

??? What am i doing wrong ?!*

Berlopez

ps,This is so frustrating.

I had this a short time back. I just downloaded FSXWX again and ran it! Bingo 🙂

(It will also say that is FSX isn't running btw)

Edited by Enko

Finally manages to inject weather into FSX using FSXWX !

Though the forecast outside my window is bright overcast FSX depicts it like this:

Thank you all for your guides Now FSX is interesting again:biggrin:

2019-3-23_10-6-25-718.png

Edited by Berlopez

Don't really now how accurate this weather engine is? I just made a flight, downloaded weather like I did yesterday; Day image... No overcast still...got very clear skies, could see stars.When I pressed connect it SIM connected and found all nessesaries, I think??

I had forgotten to Reload, in order to get the weather to show :rolleyes: Will FSX depict HAZY&Cloudy weather?

Berlopez

Edited by Berlopez

After downloading the same kind of weather...Not realizing I was closing the window when the program connects to FSX I decided to leave it open and reload FSX from TaskBar and ALAS! the weather loaded and all the stations and looked preatty much like outside my window ! Now I am pleased.

Actual%20weather%20l_1.png

Actual%20Weather%20ll_1.png

Berlopez

Edited by Berlopez
adding image
  • Like 1

BF When the weather downloaded and showed the report in the window i was closing that window and then opening FSX from TaskBar where I had minimized it. then realizing I was actually closing the Program7FSXWX application I left the window open and reopened FSX from TaskBar, then it loaded and showed the actual weather, Go to page 2 of this topic.I didn't notice anywhere in the instructions or the video that I didn't have to close the window

Berlopez

• Like 1

Yes for all third-party weather programs you must leave them running.  Minimizing their windows is fine but don't close them.  I'm glad you figured it out!  Happy flying.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

BF: Thanks for confirming this. Actualy I was only minimizing the window as I Figured if I closed it fom the White "X" at the Right Top I would be closing the program and therreby connection to whatever weather station I would be attempting to download weather; as I say above and you confirm. Thanks.

Have a great weekend:

Berlopez

• Like 1

dhc8-Q-400%20SAS_1.jpg

Edited by Berlopez
Sorry about the banner, FSXWX really works.
  • Like 1