Sign in to follow this  
Stelios

FSX Real World Weather

For the past week I am not able to download FSX Real World Weather. I get the following message " An error occurred while downloading Real-World Weather........

Anybody else has this problem. If not where do I look to fix this?

Stelios

• Like 1

Stelios Christofides

I have moved your topic out of the FSX/P3D Missions forum.  Real World weather hasn't been up to snuff for quite a while.  I have had that error only once or twice and I fixed it by just restarting the Sim.  The weather servers are no longer updating to the actual correct weather.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

MicroSoft's contract with Jeppessen expired years ago and was not renewed.  Since then, actually getting real world weather through FSX has been a hit or miss affair.  In order to reliably have real world weather, you really need an add-on weather program.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I think this warning message is to become the "new norm".  I just click OK and take whatever weather comes my way.  I also checked the weather during the flight and it changed each time I checked it. Oh, well, life is tough.:wacko:

weather or not.JPG

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

On 2/27/2019 at 7:28 AM, mistercoffee1 said:

Look up FSXWX.

It's free, and it works for injecting Real World Weather back into FSX.

Too complicated to install. How about an easier to install and operated?

Stelios Christofides

1 hour ago, Stelios said:

Too complicated to install. How about an easier to install and operated?

Active Sky.

It's worth it.

Edited by PaulGR

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Like Stelios I find FSXWX too complex to install, and I'm afrais of ruining something else amd having to reinstall the Whole thing, has anyone heard or read anything if MS is signing Peace with Jeppesen?

Berlopez

I was trying to edit my post but the option didn't appear. Than I tried to find it under quote and posted by mistake...Now I have deleted the double post, Sorry.

I am attempting to install FSXWX as a replacement to MS/Jeppesen weather; So far I have been unsuccesfull, ater I run the installer I redirect it to my C:\ Where my FSX Accel. is installed, it is not installed in  Program files since I am running Windows 7, so I redirect the installer there once there I run it, doesn't connect...?

Can anyone come with advice ?

Berlopez

I deleted your double post!

Charlie Aron

Thank you Charlieron. The Edit option at least for m only appears only for a few minutes after I post a post.

Enko, Great guide to installing FSXWX, Ill certaingly give it a try.

Berlopez

Not as good as FSXWX, but it's better than nothing. I subscribe to FSOpen Clouds.    http://www.fsopen.co.uk/software/openclouds/

It's free for weather covering the UK, but £5 for a year's subscription to access the rest of the world weather.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Thanks Enko...Will report...

Also saw the written instructions,which I find easier to fallow...Still trying to understand how it downloads Real Weather and how I inject it into FSX...Just by Download real Weather option/ Download real Weather every 15 minutes option ??

Berlopez