Sign in to follow this  
flyblueskies

Update keeps downloading F1 WRAPPER...I NEED the Setup.exe versio

Hello,

I purchased my Reality XP GTN 750 through your store when the coupons were available. At that time, I used your setup.exe program and it installed just fine. Now, I want to update, so I go to the C:\RealityXP folder and rerun the rxpGTN-FSIM-Setup.exe program

When I run this, it tells me there is an update, so I download it through the interface. However, the download uses the F1 Wrapper, not the setup.exe version. When I try to install the update, it tries to connect to the Flight1 store...I did not buy it from there. I bought it from your website.

The install update will not work...

How do I download the update setup.exe program (not the F1 wrapper program)??

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Thank you Adriana, unfortunately that's exactly what I followed and led me to my original post...

I finally got it sorted out, but this is really a tough way to download a simple update. There are much better ways to do this...

Why is this not part of the F1 purchasing agent? That is so much better. Funny thing, I do see the order in the F1 purchasing agent, but when I try to use it, it tells me it cannot find the vendor...

Can this be fixed??

Edited by flyblueskies
Added request to update via F1 Purchasing Agent

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Hi,

The e-commerce solution you're using for 1st and re-installation is just what it is: an e-commerce solution. We're not otherwise affiliated to the company providing the e-commerce solution except we are using their e-commerce system.

Their new agent tool is their means to promote their products more than anything else as far as I know.

I understand this is confusing even more so that our e-commerce procurement partner is also selling a product with a similar name.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thank you Jean-Luc. I really appreciate your explanation.

I've documented my update steps to help me the next time. It really is too bad we're limited to the e-commerce solution to update the RXP GTN products.

Anyway, thank you.

I thank you for your understanding.

We wish there is more to the e-commerce solution than what we have today, but on the bright side, it is an enduring and reliable solution we've been using for the past 18 years.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)