Sign in to follow this  
kenp51

Saitek/Logitech panels in 4.4

How are folks using these panels (switch, radio etc) in 4.4?  Did Logitech ever update drivers?  Or is SPADneXt or LINDA the answer?  I'm assuming the latest FSUIPC5 is good for yoke, throttles etc?

Ken

Ken, Logitech updated all drivers, available on their site. I'm using all panels, with yoke, quadrants and rudder, no issues using just these drivers, Windows 10 64.

Ken, I’m using SPAD.neXt and am very happy with it.  It provides much configurability to the panels, even allowing you to program them to do things not originally intended to do.  I programmed one of my Saitek radio panels to control/display the Kollsman, which I always found difficult to see/control in a VC or even a 2D virtual panel.  There are a lot of Youtube videos explaining how to program your panels for whatever you want them to do.

I’ve used them with LINDA and SPAD.Next and they work great.

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Vlooi .... I have a question about using the Saitek/Logitech drivers.  I plan to continue using FSX-SE for some flying in addition to P3D.  Looking at the Logitech website for driver downloads I see FSX_Plugin_x64_Software_8.0.150.0.exe, Prepare3Dv4_Plugin_x64_Software_8.0.150.0.exe and Flight_Panels_x64_Software_8.0.150.0.exe.  I assume I need to install all three in that order?

Ken

I have all plus 5 FiPs. No problem with SPADnext and 4.4.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

After a bunch of research on-line it seems most folks recommend SPADneXt over the Logitech drivers.  I looked through the list of online profiles ... it's quite extensive but people haven't been very good about filling in the Comment section!  What profile would you recommend for the default (Carenado) AC11 Commander 114?

Should I just look for a similar airplane type (single engine, retractable gear, vbl pitch prop)?

Ken

I use a combination of FSUIPC5 for the yoke / throttle quad and SPAD.neXt for the switch panel I recently added. I have a great switch panel profile that I'll publish. I've just haven't had the time or desire to try to redo all me FSUIPC profiles into SPAD.neXt.

• Upvote 1

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

On 2/27/2019 at 11:29 PM, kenp51 said:

After a bunch of research on-line it seems most folks recommend SPADneXt over the Logitech drivers.  I looked through the list of online profiles ... it's quite extensive but people haven't been very good about filling in the Comment section!  What profile would you recommend for the default (Carenado) AC11 Commander 114?

Should I just look for a similar airplane type (single engine, retractable gear, vbl pitch prop)?

Ken

Most Carenado planes will work with the default profile in Spadnext. Its the more complex PDMG,A2A,and Realair planes that require abit more programing. I have found just to experiment with different profiles to see which ones will work for you. I also have all my controllers set up in Spadnext. Once you get the hang of it you will love it. It will also be a good learning experience on how to program panels and controls. Just take your time and study it and you will see how easy it is.  Josh

Edited by FreeBird(Josh)

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

14 hours ago, kenp51 said:

What author name will you be using in online profiles?

Ken

I'm sorry, I've tried everything I can think of but I keep getting "Invalid Author Key" and I can't edit the profile Author name anywhere.

OK, I figured it out. It's published under name 'bbuckley' profile name 'A36 Bonanza Switch Panel'. But it's applicable to any SEL piston complex.

Edited by bbuckley
new info

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11