Sign in to follow this  
kevinfirth

Orbx TrueEarth UK conflict with UK2000 airport jetways

It appears that the folder FTX_EU_!GBS_06_CVX causes UK2000 jetways not to appear.. 

EGKK and EGBB tested so far exhibit this problem.

Will be doing some further analysis to identify the specific files in this folder causing this to work out why... it seems that this folder contains excludes for FTX EU-UK and default scenery, road traffic and water files.

please add any further info here...

• Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Christopher too had highlighted this yesterday,

• Upvote 1

I mentioned this to Kevin at the end of last week, and it seems that he has identified the same problem on his own PC. For the record, I also have missing (standard) jetways at Stansted. I have since installed SODE, so I will be checking to see if the SODE jetways are also affected.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

20 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I mentioned this to Kevin at the end of last week, and it seems that he has identified the same problem on his own PC. For the record, I also have missing (standard) jetways at Stansted. I have since installed SODE, so I will be checking to see if the SODE jetways are also affected.

Chris, can you test whether deactivating 1_excl_FTX_EU_GBS_default_objects_and_effects.BGL fixes your jetways please?

Edited by kevinfirth

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

xaP1VAU.png

This problem seems to affect more than just UK2000 airports. I am also seeing significant numbers of jetways missing at SimWings Heathrow Professional.....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

7 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

This problem seems to affect more than just UK2000 airports. I am also seeing significant numbers of jetways missing at SimWings Heathrow Professional.....

The file I referred to seemed to be a scenerywide default object exclude.  That obviously helpa prevent individual default POI conflicts, but also results in third party scenery problems...  

xaP1VAU.png

Chris, can you test whether deactivating 1_excl_FTX_EU_GBS_default_objects_and_effects.BGL fixes your jetways please?

Yes, that seems to have worked, Kevin. I checked out Gatwick again, and it seems that all of the standard jetways are now working with the FTX_EU_!GBS_06_CVX folder enabled. As for default objects, I have removed all of those from the 0501 and 0601 folders anyway, so I assume that the exclude is not really doing anything for me?

On a side note, installing SODE seemed to be causing me additional problems. I noticed that there were floating safedocks at Heathrow when I was taxiing around the airport, and I determined that these were the UK2000 Heathrow safedock object models (even though the UK2000 version of Heathrow was disabled). How do I resolve that if I want to use SODE jetways/safedocks etc?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Yes, that seems to have worked, Kevin. I checked out Gatwick again, and it seems that all of the standard jetways are now working with the FTX_EU_!GBS_06_CVX folder enabled. As for default objects, I have removed all of those from the 0501 and 0601 folders anyway, so I assume that the exclude is not really doing anything for me?

Not sure mate, previous post was an assumption, there may be other effects as well...

xaP1VAU.png

14 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

On a side note, installing SODE seemed to be causing me additional problems. I noticed that there were floating safedocks at Heathrow when I was taxiing around the airport, and I determined that these were the UK2000 Heathrow safedock object models (even though the UK2000 version of Heathrow was disabled). How do I resolve that if I want to use SODE jetways/safedocks etc?

Have you also disabled any of the bundled orbx enhanced airports where there exists a more detailed payware alternative?

PS The new EGGP is released...

• Upvote 1

xaP1VAU.png

15 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

if you dont use the uk2000 heathrow scenery you can just delete the relevant sode xml file I think

xaP1VAU.png

I have removed all of the ORBx airports that are included in TrueEarth GB South.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Christopher, as like you I too have SimWings airports, where did you delete those default airport say for Mahon(LEMH), please. I just want GSX to operate the SODE jetways. Works fine at FT's CYYZ; UK2000 EGKK, among a few that I have tested so far.

2 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

PS The new EGGP is released.

Thanks, Kevin

I just removed all of the APX files in the 0501 and 0601 folders.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png