Sign in to follow this  
stonelance

Status of Flight\Flight Toolkit

Pink highways showed up way back.  If you search this forum you will find all kinds of references to them.

• Like 2

Blue skies & tailwinds,

-Alan

On 2/24/2019 at 10:19 PM, stonelance said:

So my hosting service has started to increase the cost of hosting because flighttoolkit.com and the database Flight Toolkit are using are on an older system that i'm guessing they are trying to get rid of.  They have lower price hosting they provide, but that means ultimately moving the whole website and SQL database to a new set up, and I'm sure that will come with it own set of debugging which I don't want to spend any time on.  How many people are actually still using the toolkit?  I've paid for the next year, but i'm looking at doing one of the following two options sometime in the next year:

- Just close the website and SQL database down.  That means unless we have somewhere else to host the addon files, there won't be any way to download them.  I would probably need to update the Toolkit to allow it to work without the server and possibly hard code in some of the data.
- Keep the website up, move it to new hosting, but don't bother with the SQL database.  The addons could still be hosted on the website, and downloaded, but i would need to move the data in the database to be hard coded, or most likely just put it into some files on the website, so they can still be updated.  I think the only thing that really breaks is the ability to add aerocaches, but no one has done that in a while as far as I know.

I suppose one other option would be to just shutdown and the Toolkit may not function at all any more.  Or at least certain things like aerocaches probably won't work.

It's around 1 year since you made this, what you decided regarding MS Flight 2012 and Toolkit and server renting for Aerocaches?

I just wanted to let you know that I am still playing this game, I will never stop playing it, this is a masterpiece game in my opinion, I still regret because I didn't played it back then when it was available. When I wanted to buy all DLC's it was canceled. If I owned all DLC's I would be able to play Multiplayer still today right?

Anyway, thanks to your hard work, underrated hard work if you ask me, I am here again to say a big THANKS for making this game still alive! Yes, I will play MS Flight 2020 but I have a feeling it won't have Voice acted Missions, Challanges and most important, Aerocaches!

I hope you found someone to do that SQL migrating or however is called (I am not experinced with that stuff) or I hope that you had enough free time to do those steps during this C-19 time so the rent subscription can be cheaper and Flight Toolkit can possibly be improved with some new stuff.

All the best to you Stonelance!

• Like 1

On 2/25/2019 at 10:15 AM, eelis said:

Count me as one.

-eelis-

Hello friend! You still playing this masterpiece? 🙂 Feels so nostalgic when hearing that soundtrack every time!

It's time to hunt some more Aerocaches!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Strahinja said:

Hello friend! You still playing this masterpiece? 🙂 Feels so nostalgic when hearing that soundtrack every time!

It's time to hunt some more Aerocaches!

Well hello there!

Yes, been flying since 2012 as the only sim. I recently have been one of the lucky ones, who are now testing alpha version of the coming MSFS new sim, so Flight has been on pause since then.

-eelis-

21 hours ago, eelis said:

Yes, been flying since 2012 as the only sim. I recently have been one of the lucky ones, who are now testing alpha version of the coming MSFS new sim, so Flight has been on pause since then.

Same here.

• Like 1

Hi everyone! I decided to leave the site up for another year (until January).  Apparently they migrated the server anyway, so i'm not sure if that resulted in any issues with the SQL database connections or not.  I've been working overtime with my actual job, so i haven't been paying much attention to anything related to Flight.  I'm hoping once the new flight sim comes out there will be less need to keep this running.

• Like 3

@stonelance Thank You very much for everything You have done for the community.

Stay Safe.

• Like 2

Hi I have some problems with getting Flight to work. Seems like the servers are dead already. Can You confirm that? Is anybody still playing the game here?

Czarnecki Dariusz

yeEIP.gifBoeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Not working for me anymore, DLC content is checked as installed on Steam but is not available via the Toolkit.

I'm not having any luck either. Decided to reinstall the non Steam version. Addon manager only shows the core game, no other addons shown. If it's gone, it's a shame. It was a great effort while it worked. Sorry to see it go.

Matt C.

Edited by MattCollins

I've just heard this bad news. 😞

Like for anyone else this year was madness so I didn't had time to play Flight that much.

I will check later today what's situation with my Flight. So we can't download it anymore right? Can we somehow move already installed Flight and DLC's to other PC's?

And about Aerocaches, are they still working? Or @stonelance you plan to shut this amazing project off?

Much earlier in this post I had idea of us splitting the cost of server maintenance so we can keep Aerocaches and DLC downloads online. Now with Flight apparently being impossible to download anymore as Microsoft shut server down we would technically speaking need to crack this game so we can download game as well including the already available Aerocaches from Flight tools.

I bought new MFS, game is amazing but that can't replace Flight 2012, nothing can replace Flight 2012. I miss better Challenges, I miss the Aerocaches and cool voice-acted missions in MFS.

I made an poll/vote before MFS released, I had an "idea" for MFS to also include Aerocaches and Challenges and Missions as Flight 2012 did and bunch people still remembered old Flight 2012 and everyone liked it's content. I mean, in flight sim game with 1:1 world map you could fit like thousands and thousands of Aerocaches and bunch of missions. I simply don't like MFS, it's nothing like Flight 2012... And don't get me wrong, I extremely like the brutality of details in MFS, it's an extreme simulation game and I am not disliking it because of that, I don't like it's content that it misses compared to Flight 2012.

The Flight 2012 was and is an masterpiece.

• Like 2