Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

Is SunSkyJet still working KDTW?

Like many of you I'm waiting on Detroit (KDTW) by SunSkyJet. The last preview someone did of the airport was several months ago during a live stream during a Vatsim FNO. Their Facebook page hasn't posted anything new in almost a year and all inquires go unanswered. Last word was it was almost complete a year ago. Now its dead silence. So my question is, is this scenery even still coming out? I know Dave was testing it for them at one time. I sure wish a PayWare developer would make it as we defiantly need Detroit scenery. 

Edited by Wise87
  • Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Agree with everything you said. Would love to have KDTW but i have given up on this one now. Im happy the commercial developers left DTW alone and given a freeware developer the chance, but sad how we have ended up with nothing as a result.

Maybe it will come, maybe not. Im enjoying KMSP as an alternative.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

No one other than the devs themselves know what's going on and if it's still coming. It seemed to be pretty much complete in the last previews and was in beta testing AFAIK. This silence however is discouraging.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Any updates on this would be much appreciated.  I appreciate the work they did on KPHL even though it is becoming somewhat dated.  It is a remarkable airport for freeware.  My only fear is that KDTW will never be completed and the payware developers won't touch it and we will never have a quality KDTW airport.

• Upvote 2

Bob Bressert

Im on the BETA team. Communication with the lead dev (Ian) has ceased. It has been several months since we've heard anything from him. I'd consider it on an extended hold. I have the latest BETA and it is very much unfinished. 

• Like 2

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Thank you for the honesty. Appreciate that. I hope the dev is ok.

Edited by Jetset408

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

That’s too bad.  Sounds like it’s time for a payware developer to call dibs!

• Upvote 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

4 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Im on the BETA team. Communication with the lead dev (Ian) has ceased. It has been several months since we've heard anything from him. I'd consider it on an extended hold. I have the latest BETA and it is very much unfinished. 

That's really a shame. I would have paid for Shez to create it - his first DTW was the first scenery I installed into FS (FS2000, I think). Nonetheless, I think it is time to spread the word that DTW is fair game now, unless, of course, Shez or Ian say that the project is still on.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

29 minutes ago, duckbilled said:

That's really a shame. I would have paid for Shez to create it - his first DTW was the first scenery I installed into FS (FS2000, I think). Nonetheless, I think it is time to spread the word that DTW is fair game now, unless, of course, Shez or Ian say that the project is still on.

I'm in contact with Shez, its Ian that nobodys heard from in ages. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Paging Mr. Flightbeam to the white courtesy phone.  Mr. Flightbeam to the white courtesy phone, please.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

What a shame, especially for Shez.  All that hard work on his part and nothing to show yet.

Bob Bressert

KPHL is one of the best addons I have. And I lived and flew out of Philly for 15 years. So I am highly familiar with the airport and the surroundings That compared to what SunSkyJet recreated several yeas ago.

I use photoreal scenery throughout the east coast and SunSkyJets KPHL is totally rendered by my system with no perceptual impact on performance, including frame rates.  And that also with Megascenery Pennsylvania, Delaware, and NewJersey version 3s with Perfect Color loaded and running.

I so painfully wish I could get that same detail and performance from other 3rd party addon scenery around the USA.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

extremely disappointing! was really looking forward for KDTW! Enjoyed their KPHL scenery. Hopefully he is good!

9 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

I'm in contact with Shez, its Ian that nobodys heard from in ages. 

Ah, thanks.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Lets remember these guys push out payware quality airports for FREE!   

They can take as much time as they need and don't have to provide us a timeline, support, or any explanation since we pay $0.   

Shez does great work and will complete it someday and that day you'll be happy as kid who got a cupcake for free at a birthday party.  

• Like 1

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png