Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

Is SunSkyJet still working KDTW?

I think we all get this, Jason.  The problem is, this scenery and very complex and large sceneries require a huge commitment and many, many hours to complete and perhaps, and don't think I don't appreciate Shez and Ian for what they've done with KPHL, but perhaps they've simply bitten off too much than they can chew. 

Perhaps big airports should be done by payware developers who have the man-power and resources to complete them and then to update them in a timely fashion.  As I said, as good as KPHL is, it requires an update.  Things have changed there and how in the world can Shez and Ian update that airport, let alone, push out KDTW.  IMHO, it's just too much.  One of the people who shared over on the Sunskyjet forum said that he feared he would be dead before he could enjoy the new KDTW scenery and that was about a year or so ago that he made that comment.  I don't think it was hyperbole. 

So, when people like Shez and Ian said, many years ago (7 plus?) that they were going to do KDTW, the big payware developers backed off.  What do we have today?  Nothing.  And with Ian dropping off the grid the project may not be completed.  Heck, even Shez hasn't commented on this in months and who can blame him.  I imagine it is very disheartening for him.

Just some ramblings from my point of view.

• Like 5

Bob Bressert

1 hour ago, jason99vmi said:

Lets remember these guys push out payware quality airports for FREE!   

They can take as much time as they need and don't have to provide us a timeline, support, or any explanation since we pay $0.   

Shez does great work and will complete it someday and that day you'll be happy as kid who got a cupcake for free at a birthday party.  

No one is complaining and yes we know it's free which we all appreciate. What was asked was if the project was still being work, not an ETA. A year ago was the last official posting on FB and even one of the beta testers said he hasn't heard anything from him in months. I would still like to see a payware developer make KDTW for the fact it would get upgrades and support. 

• Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Well I am here to confirm that I am keen as everyone to get this out. Unfortunately, Ian my codeveloper in SSJ has gone off the radar and not responding. This is not unheard of as he has a business he runs and gets very tied up, and he works in short bursts of activity so yes he will awaken one day (the same with me as you might have seen my output has slowed to nothing). I have proposed to him to give the code over to another developer or maybe even payware but he is determined to finish it. He has the main code for the scenery so I cannot even offer it to another developer to finish and to be fair I cannot anyway without Ian's consent. Alas.

If a payware developer wants to offer to take it over then feel free to contact me or Ian.

• Like 5

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Shez... you don't have a backup copy yourself?  Yikes!  😲

Oh well, that means you now have time to work on Bob Hope Hollywood Burbank Airport for P3Dv4... a perfect match for simwestFOTOREAL scenery.  😄

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

5 hours ago, ShezA said:

Unfortunately, Ian my codeveloper in SSJ has gone off the radar and not responding. This is not unheard of as he has a business he runs and gets very tied up

I appreciate you chiming in here and giving a heads up. I think many of us, including myself, have had the apprehension somewhere in the back of our heads that something may have happened to him, so this is good news.

Predominantly for this reason and also to let people interested in the project know what the status is it would be great though if some kind of quick update could be posted every now and then.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Burbank is being done orbx so...that’s out. 

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

5 minutes ago, threegreen said:

I appreciate you chiming in here and giving a heads up. I think many of us, including myself, have had the apprehension somewhere in the back of our heads that something may have happened to him, so this is good news.

Predominantly for this reason and also to let people interested in the project know what the status is it would be great though if some kind of quick update could be posted every now and then.

Sure I can but not much happening so not much news. The beta I have is pretty good but has some glaring shortcomings like an orange polygon near 22L and most of the jetways still require SODE work. 

Shez Ansari

35 minutes ago, ShezA said:

Sure I can but not much happening so not much news. The beta I have is pretty good but has some glaring shortcomings like an orange polygon near 22L and most of the jetways still require SODE work. 

I reckon the answer is 'no', but would you ever consider releasing a beta or release candidate version? Call it version 0.9, perhaps. That way you make it clear it's not done, but people get to enjoy whatever the current status of the scenery is? I suggest this because if the only issues are imperfect SODE jetways and some finicky polygons here and there, I'm perfectly fine overlooking those issues until a fix appears... It's better than no airport at all, in my mind!

• Like 2

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I appreciate ShezA coming on here and letting us know whats up with Detroit. As much as I enjoy your Philly scenery I really hope a payware developer like FB, FSDT, IS, FT, etc decide to take you up on your offer. I think the payware developers stayed away Detroit seeing it was being developed by SunSkyJet out of professional courtesy. I can under stand you guys being busy but the last update was over a year ago on FB and there have been numerous request from followers/loyal fans asking if this project was even still alive. Again, thanks for the update and wish you and Ian the best. 

• Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

18 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

I reckon the answer is 'no', but would you ever consider releasing a beta or release candidate version? Call it version 0.9, perhaps. That way you make it clear it's not done, but people get to enjoy whatever the current status of the scenery is? I suggest this because if the only issues are imperfect SODE jetways and some finicky polygons here and there, I'm perfectly fine overlooking those issues until a fix appears... It's better than no airport at all, in my mind!

Yes I can. Send me an email.

• Like 1

Shez Ansari

3 hours ago, ShezA said:

Awesome! Sent you a PM.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

23 hours ago, ShezA said:

Thank you. Over on your forums there are a lot of people wondering, I thought you could perhaps post some news over there too, just what you said in your first post here.

4 hours ago, ShezA said:

Are you releasing to the public?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

A stray polygon could be an easy fix. Can you PM me a pic of it?

I7-8086K Delid OC Synced all cores 5.2  Corsair Hydro Series, H115i PRO ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC)  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 SLI CORSAIR HXi Series HX1200i 1200W G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB DDR4 3200 Windows 10 Pro 64

PMDG 737NGX

18 hours ago, Shylock_35 said:

A stray polygon could be an easy fix. Can you PM me a pic of it?

Easy fix if the source file is with me.

Shez Ansari

21 hours ago, threegreen said:

Thank you. Over on your forums there are a lot of people wondering, I thought you could perhaps post some news over there too, just what you said in your first post here.

Are you releasing to the public?

No. Otherwise it would be a swarm of people complaining about this and that...

Shez Ansari