Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

Is SunSkyJet still working KDTW?

Is there any other scenery for KDTW out there?.  I feel it may be a lot longer until the Sunskyjet version is out. It's such an important airport and I am surprised no one has made a version in years.

50 minutes ago, bosflo said:

Is there any other scenery for KDTW out there?.  I feel it may be a lot longer until the Sunskyjet version is out. It's such an important airport and I am surprised no one has made a version in years.

There's a decent freeware version that works in P3D v4 here in the library, it's by Robert Catherall.

Scroll down the page a bit and you'll see it...

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=robert+catherall&CatID=root&Sort=Name&ScanMode=0&Page=4

Shez was kind enough to share the beta version with me and I did my first flight with it last night. Even though it is not finished, it is still quite incredible and the level to detail is what you would find from many payware scenery developers. You can easily overlook the things that have not been finished. I was waiting at the gate in concourse A (McNamara Terminal) and noticed they even modeled the Express Tram moving up and down the concourse. I fly in and out of DTW all the time and am ecstatic to finally have a good representation of DTW. 

Great work Shez, Ian, and the rest of the team!

Kevin

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yes, please release it as is. I'm sure it is very acceptable. Artists never think that their creations are ready because there are perfectionists but I bet it looks wonderful. I would rather have something than nothing. The freeware version currently available is just not the same.

29 minutes ago, bosflo said:

Yes, please release it as is. I'm sure it is very acceptable. Artists never think that their creations are ready because there are perfectionists but I bet it looks wonderful. I would rather have something than nothing.

I fully understand why it has not been made available for general release. Plenty of simmers are perfectionists too and some would sadly be all to ready to trash SunSkyJet in public if it was released as it currently stands.

Ask Shez nicely in a PM if you can access the beta and strongly consider giving a donation. You may be fortunate to be given an early version of what is an amazing undertaking for a sim project, let alone a freeware one.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, F737NG said:

I fully understand why it has not been made available for general release. Plenty of simmers are perfectionists too and some would sadly be all to ready to trash SunSkyJet in public if it was released as it currently stands.

Ask Shez nicely in a PM if you can access the beta and strongly consider giving a donation. You may be fortunate to be given an early version of what is an amazing undertaking for a sim project, let alone a freeware one.

Well said. I would recommend a donation as well!

I donated for this scenery a while back. So far with this release I can see that there is a rather large orange triangle over 22L and the Spirit/FedEx ramp. As well as some missing jetways on the B/C concourse, a few random floating objects but other than that, I'd say it's pretty darn good and I can surely use it. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

Disable/remove the lighteffects_north.bgl file to get rid of the orange ground texture anomaly on/near the FedEx ramp.

Cheers

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

45 minutes ago, w6kd said:

Disable/remove the lighteffects_north.bgl file to get rid of the orange ground texture anomaly on/near the FedEx ramp.

Brilliant, thanks!
A lot better now that it's been removed.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Shez, sent you a PM.  Would like to obtain a copy of the beta KDTW.  Thx

Gents,

I have many requests coming through so will be getting to them soon. 🙂

I am glad you guys are enjoying it.

I did hear from Ian and he confirmed he is getting bogged down but is keen to finish it as it is a labor of love for both of us. It is the placement and operation of the SODE jetways that is painstaking. If anyone wants to do a makeshift mod to remove the scenery jetways and just insert default SODE jetways go ahead and send me and I can post the mod (only).

Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

1 hour ago, ShezA said:

Gents,

I have many requests coming through so will be getting to them soon. 🙂

I am glad you guys are enjoying it.

I did hear from Ian and he confirmed he is getting bogged down but is keen to finish it as it is a labor of love for both of us. It is the placement and operation of the SODE jetways that is painstaking. If anyone wants to do a makeshift mod to remove the scenery jetways and just insert default SODE jetways go ahead and send me and I can post the mod (only).

Shez

To be honest, I haven't seen any major issues when having jetways connected to my aircraft. Several different gates, all worked fine.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD