Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

Is SunSkyJet still working KDTW?

34 minutes ago, duckbilled said:

you should be charging for it ones it is complete.

I think many people are looking forward to this not only because of its quality, but also because of the fact it is actually freeware. While it's certainly payware quality, changing it now to payware would be a bit of a blow to people. Leave it as it was intended to be.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Has someone made a GSX profile and AFCAD for this? Seems like it would be the easiest way to solve jetway issues.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

3 hours ago, threegreen said:

I think many people are looking forward to this not only because of its quality, but also because of the fact it is actually freeware. While it's certainly payware quality, changing it now to payware would be a bit of a blow to people. Leave it as it was intended to be.

We are not going to charge for this scenery. It's a hobby for us.

2 hours ago, duckbilled said:

Has someone made a GSX profile and AFCAD for this? Seems like it would be the easiest way to solve jetway issues.

Yes this would be the solution for now. I know two members who have already done some work on it. If they want to share it it would be great.

• Upvote 4

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

I have been working on a GSX profile for jetways for the past several days. Currently I have concourses D, B, and C completed... All I have is A remaining. There were quite a few hiccups though with Concourse C and gate numbers since it is the least completed of them all, but everything should be usable, especially with the other concourses. I will share when completed!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Hello all, I am happy to release my GSX profile for this wonderful freeware scenery! Hopefully this makes the experience usable until the full version is released 🙂

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1ixs8eid7ue4vep/AAC9ziyutgFE_RHQ2mDltbGSa?dl=0

Each gate has the appropriate Jetway along with placed ground vehicles to not interfere with scenery objects. Several points:

- Terminals D and C AFCAD files do NOT match the gate information for the terminal marking's, so, I ignored the AFCAD information and placed jetway markings to match the actual gate number

- One of the gates in Terminal D doesn't have a jetways (either 21 or 23 as I forgot) due to a duplication in the AFCAD file forcing one of the jetways to teleport on top of the other duplicate on each restart of P3D

- Terminal C was quite difficult to find suitable jetways for such tight spaces, so several gates may seem awkward (if you edit something which works better, let me know :))

- Several gates in the ADFCAD for Terminal C were missing, so they don't have jetways

- The North end of Terminal C has been modeled as still under construction, so I didn't make any jetways for them

- Please read the given READ ME text file for installation instructions, as it is required to remove the old SODE jetways

I hope you all enjoy this, as it took me many hours over the past couple of days with 100+ gates to work on.

Thank you again for the fantastic scenery!!!

Also, If anyone has any feedback or edits (either to fix the AFCAD file or GSX profile), they'd be greatly appreciated as this was my first full airport profile in GSX v2

Edited by akuratsula
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 3

Hi,

I would love to fly to KDTW. Is it possible to get this scenery.
Thank's in advance

Yves

Yves SAMUEL

ELLX

Is this scenery working relatively well in P3dV4?

I thought i heard shez  say he was in contact with Ian to fix it. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

It works in P3DV4.

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

18 hours ago, akuratsula said:

Hello all, I am happy to release my GSX profile for this wonderful freeware scenery! Hopefully this makes the experience usable until the full version is released 🙂

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1ixs8eid7ue4vep/AAC9ziyutgFE_RHQ2mDltbGSa?dl=0

Each gate has the appropriate Jetway along with placed ground vehicles to not interfere with scenery objects. Several points:

- Terminals D and C AFCAD files do NOT match the gate information for the terminal marking's, so, I ignored the AFCAD information and placed jetway markings to match the actual gate number

- One of the gates in Terminal D doesn't have a jetways (either 21 or 23 as I forgot) due to a duplication in the AFCAD file forcing one of the jetways to teleport on top of the other duplicate on each restart of P3D

- Terminal C was quite difficult to find suitable jetways for such tight spaces, so several gates may seem awkward (if you edit something which works better, let me know :))

- Several gates in the ADFCAD for Terminal C were missing, so they don't have jetways

- The North end of Terminal C has been modeled as still under construction, so I didn't make any jetways for them

- Please read the given READ ME text file for installation instructions, as it is required to remove the old SODE jetways

I hope you all enjoy this, as it took me many hours over the past couple of days with 100+ gates to work on.

Thank you again for the fantastic scenery!!!

Also, If anyone has any feedback or edits (either to fix the AFCAD file or GSX profile), they'd be greatly appreciated as this was my first full airport profile in GSX v2

Thanks so much for your effort! Great job! 🙂

Hi,

Just landed at KDTW, arriving from EDDF. I went to gate A20 and would just say that :

-All gates around A20 have number 75 on jetways. I have looked at the ini file, and the numbers on jetways are OK. Perhaps a GSX error

-Some gates just near A20 should have 2 jetways, but have only one. It would be nice to have a correct file.

The airport is very nice. Great job!!!

Yves from ELLX

Yves SAMUEL

ELLX

On 4/5/2019 at 10:58 AM, yvesamuel said:

Hi,

Just landed at KDTW, arriving from EDDF. I went to gate A20 and would just say that :

-All gates around A20 have number 75 on jetways. I have looked at the ini file, and the numbers on jetways are OK. Perhaps a GSX error

-Some gates just near A20 should have 2 jetways, but have only one. It would be nice to have a correct file.

The airport is very nice. Great job!!!

Yves from ELLX

If you’re talking about gates A24 and A28, from satellite imagery and google images, those two stands only have one jetway.

Tiger, nice job!  Thanks.

Still have elevated runway lights.  Since they are sode xml any ideas?

Thx!

For runway lights, on the "KDTW_SSJ_DL.xml", I put "-1.00" on "Alt":

<SimObject Name="KDTW_rwy_lights">
        <Placement Lat="42.214965000052" Lon="-83.3569333333328" Alt="-1.00#AGL" Hdg="00.00"/>
        <Model SimTitle="SSJ_KDTW_LIGHTS_AP">
            <ConditionalVisibility LogicExpression="A|B">
                <Condition ID="A" Variable="MetVisibility" Value="0-5000"/>
                <Condition ID="B" Variable="TimeOfDay" Value="DAWN;DUSK;NIGHT"/>
            </ConditionalVisibility>
        </Model>
    </SimObject>

-Tiger