Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

Is SunSkyJet still working KDTW?

1 hour ago, tigerhuey said:

Thx!

For runway lights, on the "KDTW_SSJ_DL.xml", I put "-1.00" on "Alt":

<SimObject Name="KDTW_rwy_lights">
        <Placement Lat="42.214965000052" Lon="-83.3569333333328" Alt="-1.00#AGL" Hdg="00.00"/>
        <Model SimTitle="SSJ_KDTW_LIGHTS_AP">
            <ConditionalVisibility LogicExpression="A|B">
                <Condition ID="A" Variable="MetVisibility" Value="0-5000"/>
                <Condition ID="B" Variable="TimeOfDay" Value="DAWN;DUSK;NIGHT"/>
            </ConditionalVisibility>
        </Model>
    </SimObject>

-Tiger

Those lights are old legacy lights. We would need to update those. They look odd to say the least.

Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

On 4/2/2019 at 5:09 PM, akuratsula said:

Hello all, I am happy to release my GSX profile for this wonderful freeware scenery! Hopefully this makes the experience usable until the full version is released 🙂

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1ixs8eid7ue4vep/AAC9ziyutgFE_RHQ2mDltbGSa?dl=0

Each gate has the appropriate Jetway along with placed ground vehicles to not interfere with scenery objects. Several points:

- Terminals D and C AFCAD files do NOT match the gate information for the terminal marking's, so, I ignored the AFCAD information and placed jetway markings to match the actual gate number

- One of the gates in Terminal D doesn't have a jetways (either 21 or 23 as I forgot) due to a duplication in the AFCAD file forcing one of the jetways to teleport on top of the other duplicate on each restart of P3D

- Terminal C was quite difficult to find suitable jetways for such tight spaces, so several gates may seem awkward (if you edit something which works better, let me know :))

- Several gates in the ADFCAD for Terminal C were missing, so they don't have jetways

- The North end of Terminal C has been modeled as still under construction, so I didn't make any jetways for them

- Please read the given READ ME text file for installation instructions, as it is required to remove the old SODE jetways

I hope you all enjoy this, as it took me many hours over the past couple of days with 100+ gates to work on.

Thank you again for the fantastic scenery!!!

Also, If anyone has any feedback or edits (either to fix the AFCAD file or GSX profile), they'd be greatly appreciated as this was my first full airport profile in GSX v2

Does this only work with the gsx 2 expansion?  I still use the original and couldn't get it to work.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

Amazing piece of scenery, @ShezA

The GSX-L2 scenery config available here really makes the finishing touches. 

Thanks alot to @ShezA for letting me try the scenery and to @akuratsula for the GSX-L2 profile.

1 hour ago, sfgiants13 said:

Does this only work with the gsx 2 expansion?  I still use the original and couldn't get it to work.

Yes, it only works with GSX-L2 expansion.

Edited by Anders Bermann
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

8 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

Amazing piece of scenery,

Absolutely beautiful.

A big thank you to ShezA for sharing this with us....👍

I would also like to thank Bob (w6kd) for the polygon fix, and akuratsula for the GSX L2 configuration...😎

Cool teamwork in getting this polished! 🤝Any chance getting the beta into the Avsim file library or should I still PM for this?

Thanks!

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

32 minutes ago, Shomron said:

Cool teamwork in getting this polished! 🤝Any chance getting the beta into the Avsim file library or should I still PM for this?

Thanks!

Currently, you should PM @ShezA, since (and understandably so) SunSkyJet doesn't want it publicly released. If you're so lucky to obtain it from them, you shouldn't share it either. 

I suspect, that SunSkyJet wants to maintain control over how many are using the scenery, since it isn't finished. They would like to avoid, to be flooded with support requests and complaints about unfinished details etc...

That being said, the scenery is just beautiful (still a mystery to me, that they're giving this away free?! 😮). The GSX-L2 profile adds the finishing touches.

Edited by Anders Bermann
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

7 hours ago, SunDevil56 said:

Absolutely beautiful.

A big thank you to ShezA for sharing this with us....👍

I would also like to thank Bob (w6kd) for the polygon fix, and akuratsula for the GSX L2 configuration...😎

Agreed. Having this wonderful piece of scenery is amazing. Thank you Shez, thank you Ian, and thank you to everyone who pitched in.

Edited by duckbilled
  • Upvote 1

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Can someone put up a screenshot to show the fixes? I am travelling and am not on my FS computer.

• Upvote 1

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

1 hour ago, G-YMML1 said:

Where It might be downloaded from?

Please read 4 posts up. 

See here

Edited by Anders Bermann

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

2 hours ago, ShezA said:

Can someone put up a screenshot to show the fixes? I am travelling and am not on my FS computer.

Here you go Shez... First pic shows Bob's orange polygon fix, note the cargo ramp area to the left of RWY 9L, the orange polygon is gone... The next two pics show the jetways at terminal A and D after installing akuratsula's GSX L2 configuration.....

Thanks again for your efforts on this, and your willingness to share it with us...😎

EWPhAmt.jpg

kf5iIzh.jpg

fVjQOMf.jpg

Edited by SunDevil56
  • Like 3

Thanks. Will it look this good in FSX? 😊

Maybe Ian can help eh Shez? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom