Sign in to follow this  
olderndirt

Cloud bases too low.

After loading and opening screen, any selected couds are based at ground level and surrounding the plane like fog.  Adjusting the bases upward provides a small amount of breathing room but not much.  Had this once before and fixed it but memory does not serve.  Using v11.30 and Xvision.

Not an attention getter but definitely a head scratcher.  Now I'm using UWXP and when I get the forementioned condition, a slight touch of of the 'cloud size' slider in UW gets rid of the problem.  I can't imagine UWXP causing the problem 'cause it was there without UW but UW certainly removes it - go figger.

As far as I remember, this is a known issue with higher altitude airports and just the way XP interprets their METARS.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Not many of them in Orbx GB - I get it all over that.  Thanks, though, for the reply.