Sign in to follow this  
Bonanza62

I need human tech support for GNS430W install.

I recently purchased the 430 W software and it's defaults downloaded it in different places than in the literature and some files seem to be missing.  I desperately need to speak to tech and the website just goes in circles to avoid letting one contact support by email and offers no phone number.  Terribly frustrating and meanwhile, I feel that my time, energy and money have been ripped off for something I was so excited about getting and using.  It's not right to expect a customer to be a tech or spend hours of his time and energy to try to get a product to simply work as advertised.

Respectfully, Bob Gentry

Hi Bob,

I'm sorry I haven't noticed your post before.

Can you please detail what place differs from literature in particular and what files seems to be missing in your opinion?

Also for which simulator is this, XPlane or FltSim?

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thank you for your response and sorry it took me a while to find it.   I wish to run the software on FSX.

As for the files, In the "Getting Started"  install material, it says an add on is in   My Documents\Prepar3d v4 Add-ons\Reality XP GNS      There is no such folder showing in my documents.  There's obviously some stuff there, but I haven't found a file to open this thing and make it work and it doesn't appear to have the same things in the same folders indicated in the manual. I see a note in some documentation that says: This product requires Prepar3d v4, v3, v2, v1, FSX-SE, FSX-ACC/SP2, FS9-SP1.   I have no idea what that is.

There is, however, a Reality XP folder on my C drive that has the simulator set up, proof of purchase, key and license files.   Then, in the Program Files, there are Gauges and GNS Simulation folders with their respective content. 

When I try to install the simulator and check (or don't check) all the boxes other than the default, it asks for a location to install it, but has no default.  I have no idea where to install this. The closest thing I can find is   C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GNS Simulation    but when I try that it says  it's not a vaild Flight Simulator 9 folder.   What's up with FS9?  I bought this product on the basis of it saying it was for FSX? 

It seems like I got further than this on the original attempt and that it was acting like it was going to do a plug & play install, but no luck.  I tried running FSX and nothing.  Looked in the folders referenced in the "Getting Started", and nothing.  

As you might imagine, not being a tech, I'd much rather be spending my time flying the sim with a nice GNS430w.

I appreciate your help in advance

Thanks,

Bob

Hi Bob,

Please stop cross-posting. It won't make support any faster on the contrary.

On 3/7/2019 at 9:27 PM, Bonanza62 said:

FSX-SE, FSX-ACC/SP2

1) This is the list of all supported simulator versions. Since you want to install the product for FSX, in the list you can see:

• FSX-SE (Steam Edition)
  • FSX Acceleration
  • FSX SP2 (Service Pack 2)

These are the well-known acronyms for these simulators. Are these any of the FSX you have?

2) If the installer tells you this is not a valid FS9 installation folder, it means you've checked "Install for FS9".

Since you want to install for one the FSX above, just don't check the simulator version you don't have.

3) The installer asks "Select the folder where is installed XXXX man program (YYYY)", where XXXX is for example "Flight Simulator X" and YYYYY is "fsx.exe". You are then selecting "C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GNS Simulation".

Just ask yourself this question: Is this the location I've installed "Flight Simulator X" and where there is the application "fsx.exe" ?

4) If this is still causing difficulties I'd suggest you process a refund request.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

My apologies for cross posting.  After not finding responses for some time, and it having been suggested to post on the forum, I tried both to see which would get a response.  I will spend some more time looking into what you have suggested and see if that works.  If not, I will process a refund request.  To avoid any wasted time or words for either of us, can you please direct me, in advance, to where I would go to find the refund request form, if needed?

Thank You,

Bob