Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

DD Liverpool EGGP

Bought it yesterday, and I must say I'm impressed.  Perhaps one of the most "satisfying" sceneries I've ever purchased.  The airport surrounded by British homes and all the other details that make this scenery so very real.  Additionally, I'm a real Beatles fan so seeing that Yellow Submarine there is especially gratifying.

I will always look forward to considering Digital Design scenery from this day forward.  Love flying from Liverpool to Gatwick or Heathrow.... or vice versa.  Since my wife and I are going to Berlin in April, I'm also enjoying a Liverpool to Berlin flight now.  Also will be going to Munich for Octoberfest in September...so Europe is especially interesting to me at this time.

Stan

ps.  Just got back from Warsaw, Gdansk, Sophia (Bulgaria) and Romania in 2018...so I'm a busy flight sim guy these days. I'm simulating all the wonderful flights that I had in real life, and it is a joy.

Stan

• Like 3

Think I'm getting this as well. One question, does it blend well with Orbx FTX England textures?

10 minutes ago, GHarrall said:

Think I'm getting this as well. One question, does it blend well with Orbx FTX England textures?

It blends perfectly with Orbx OLC, so it should Glenn. I flow out last night in the FSL and performance was fantastic even with DL on. Very impressed with this airport. Going to use it as a base for a bit for Easyjet flights. 

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

11 hours ago, Nyxx said:

It blends perfectly with Orbx OLC, so it should Glenn. I flow out last night in the FSL and performance was fantastic even with DL on. Very impressed with this airport. Going to use it as a base for a bit for Easyjet flights. 

Thanks, good to know. 

3 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

Is Anfield and Goodison Park modeled?

No they are much further north

• Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

15 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

No they are much further north

Maybe FTX ORBX England has it ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

• Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

ORBx TrueEarth GB Central will almost certainly include Anfield and Goodison Park when it is eventually released, as JV has stated that all stadiums with 7000 seats or more will be bespoke models.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I ended up buying this scenery yesterday, great job! (and I tested various seasons and can confirm it is fully supported)

John

On 2/27/2019 at 12:29 AM, spilok said:

The airport surrounded by British homes and all the other details that make this scenery so very real.

Have to agree with this, did my first proper flight from it in the NGX yesterday and taxiing to runway 09, with the houses and industrial units showing in the background along with the street lighting, made it feel so very real, fantastic.  UK2000 version has served me well this last 2 years but, this rendition has really made it an immersive experience to fly in/out of Liverpool.  The texturing of the ground in the rain and fog yesterday was also fantastic, really adding to the feel of it all.

Cheers

• Like 1

Stu Bevis

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg PC: i5 8600K @ 5.0GHz, Asus Maximus X Hero, Corsair 16GB @ 3200MHz, EVGA GTX970SC

So, I still do not know the extent of the surrounding scenery coverage. Does this include the three bridges over the Mersey? Does it include any scenery on the south side of the Mersey? It is not clear from the screenshots/videos, as I think they have ORBx FTX England (or some other scenery) active beyond.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

20 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

So, I still do not know the extent of the surrounding scenery coverage. Does this include the three bridges over the Mersey? Does it include any scenery on the south side of the Mersey? It is not clear from the screenshots/videos, as I think they have ORBx FTX England (or some other scenery) active beyond.

At work but from memory.

eggp.jpg

Probably the Train tracks are its borders.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

4 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I flew here from the Isle of Man yesterday just to test it out and even though it was dark the distinctive 'old' Silver Jubilee bridge is most certainly present, as is the new Gateway bridge. Can't speak for the railway bridge as in real life it is tucked in quite close to the Jubilee bridge and I couldn't see it in the dark, but by then I was looking for the runway. I have a video that I'll post up later if I get a chance. Forgive my floaty landing as I got distracted on short final when my joystick slid across the desk....

As to the scenery - fantastic! I've been a big fan of Gary's work for UK2000 for many years and always will be, but this is a serious step up in quality. Performance, texturing and lighting are all top notch. These guys are very, very good. 

Edited by Airline2Sim
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

1 hour ago, Airline2Sim said:

I flew here from the Isle of Man yesterday just to test it out and even though it was dark the distinctive 'old' Silver Jubilee bridge is most certainly present, as is the new Gateway bridge. Can't speak for the railway bridge as in real life it is tucked in quite close to the Jubilee bridge and I couldn't see it in the dark, but by then I was looking for the runway. I have a video that I'll post up later if I get a chance. Forgive my floaty landing as I got distracted on short final when my joystick slid across the desk....

As to the scenery - fantastic! I've been a big fan of Gary's work for UK2000 for many years and always will be, but this is a serious step up in quality. Performance, texturing and lighting are all top notch. These guys are very, very good. 

There is an old freeware mersey bridges download by Paul Derbyshire somewhere which contains the most accurate rail bridge at Runcorn that I've seen. 

They did a reasonable job, but two visual landmarks for VFR pilots in the scenery area are the Hale village church and lighthouse, both not modelled :(

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, Airline2Sim said:

+1.  A very fair statement and one i agree with 100%.

Chris Howard