Sign in to follow this  
SunDevil56

Digital Design's EDDP Leipzig/Halle airport scenery

Anybody here using the Digital Design EDDP Leipzig/Halle airport scenery, and if so, what are your impressions..??

Edited by SunDevil56
spelling

It’s really good, as is their Salzburg.  Great detail and good on FPS.

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

It is really awesome, like anything from Digital Design.
EDDP is a very specific airport, especially when it comes to its location (the village within the airport area plus the trains around), the aircraft bridges and the heavy cargo operations.
Everything has been depicted very well in this add-on. Highly recommended!

Edited by Rafal

I liek what I'm seeing, but I have an elevation issue that despite following all instructions in the manual, I can't seem to solve. While all facets of the scenery appear to be displaying properly, the entire airport sits atop a plateau. Haven't sent an email to the developer as yet, but will do so soon. But other than this, the airport certainly is a looker! Can't wait to actually start flying in and out of this place.

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

5 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

I liek what I'm seeing, but I have an elevation issue that despite following all instructions in the manual, I can't seem to solve. While all facets of the scenery appear to be displaying properly, the entire airport sits atop a plateau. Haven't sent an email to the developer as yet, but will do so soon. But other than this, the airport certainly is a looker! Can't wait to actually start flying in and out of this place.

Do you have ORBX Germany North? There are files in there that need to be disabled as well as in the Vector folders.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Also look in the main Scenery World Scenery directory. There's a lot of Orbx Germany North altitude files there. Disable the EDDP one.

Edited by Midnight Music

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

3 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

I agree Ben, great looking airport. For whatever reason, i'm not having the elevation issue you seem to be having... A cursory look around the airport in spot plane and top down views isn't giving me any indications of elevation issues as far as I can tell, but a flyover might be the best way for me to confirm that for certain, and i'll try that later today....

If you have ORBX vector installed, you can try the AEC tool, I checked, and there is an entry in AEC for EDDP. You can also try Lee's suggestion if you have Orbx Germany North installed... 

On a unrelated note, there's an interesting bit in the EDDP manual... There are a ton of static DHL freighters parked at the EDDP DHL facility at the airport, and while these don't seem to affect performance much if at all on my system, they provide a batch file that allows you to enable/disable the static aircraft in the scenery. Just thought i'd mention that for anyone who might find it useful...

Thanks to all those that replied to my original post, i'm glad I got this one, it's very nice IMO

I did another fly-over of the airport, and should note that the elevation issue appear specific to the southeastern aspects of the airport. Especially the southern edge is marked by stark cliffs, but the northwestern aspects appear totally fine. Thus I don't particularly expect any approach into the airport, or any operations at the airport, to be impacted by this at all as you can only really see the cliff if you overfly the airport in in a northern direction.

5 hours ago, Midnight Music said:

Do you have ORBX Germany North? There are files in there that need to be disabled as well as in the Vector folders.

Indeed I do, and I made sure to disable the files mentioned in the manual. Sadly, no dice.

3 hours ago, Midnight Music said:

Also look in the main Scenery World Scenery directory. There's a lot of Orbx Germany North altitude files there. Disable the EDDP one.

Indeed did that as well; the manual mentions this file so as I was following the manual's instructions, I made sure to disable it.

2 hours ago, SunDevil56 said:

I agree Ben, great looking airport. For whatever reason, i'm not having the elevation issue you seem to be having... A cursory look around the airport in spot plane and top down views isn't giving me any indications of elevation issues as far as I can tell, but a flyover might be the best way for me to confirm that for certain, and i'll try that later today....

If you have ORBX vector installed, you can try the AEC tool, I checked, and there is an entry in AEC for EDDP. You can also try Lee's suggestion if you have Orbx Germany North installed... 

On a unrelated note, there's an interesting bit in the EDDP manual... There are a ton of static DHL freighters parked at the EDDP DHL facility at the airport, and while these don't seem to affect performance much if at all on my system, they provide a batch file that allows you to enable/disable the static aircraft in the scenery. Just thought i'd mention that for anyone who might find it useful...

Thanks to all those that replied to my original post, i'm glad I got this one, it's very nice IMO

I did indeed disable the EDDP elevation correction of vector, but this also hasn't helped I'm afraid...

I sent an email to the dev, hoping he has any more ideas for what the cause might be! I'll post here if it ever gets solves. I should emphasize that these issues essentially don't detract from the airport itself. As I sated above, the issue is only really visible if you were to approach the airport from the south and overfly it, so I don't expect it to be particularly jarring.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

2 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

I sent an email to the dev, hoping he has any more ideas for what the cause might be! I'll post here if it ever gets solves. I should emphasize that these issues essentially don't detract from the airport itself. As I sated above, the issue is only really visible if you were to approach the airport from the south and overfly it, so I don't expect it to be particularly jarring.

I did a flyover approaching from the South, and I did indeed note a mesh anomaly or "cliffs" along that edge of the airport. In the pic below you can see this off the right and left wingtips.

I have ORBX FTX Global, Vector, and Europe land class installed, but no other ORBX scenery for the area. I also tried Vector AEC, but it had no effect.

In my case, I suspect this might possibly have something to do with the Toposim mesh I have installed, and I may try disabling it temporarily to see if it makes any difference.

Like you, I don't see this as a major issue, I doubt anyone would even notice it during a normal approach to any of the runways, which are oriented more or less East/West, or on the ground anywhere at EDDP.

Please do let us know what you hear from the dev when he responds...

qufImZg.jpg