Sign in to follow this  
SunDevil56

AIG AI Manager v0.8.4.0 is out...

When I ran AIG AIM earlier today I got a notice... "A new version has been downloaded, please unzip it to your main AIG AIM folder.." or words to that effect...

So I did that, and then ran the installer, which upgraded me to v0.8.4.0, but my question is, can I now safely delete the files and folders from v0.8.3.16, which are still present in the folder I created when I first installed AIG AIM....??

I would confirm with Kai on their forums. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Before I install the new version on top of the old version I delete the resource folder.

NAX669.png

Thanks. I got it figured out.

All I did was move the newly created v0.8.4.0 folder, which includes it's own resources folder, out of the old AIG AIM folder, and then created a new desktop shortcut for the updated executable.

At this point the old v0.8.3.16 folder and it's associated files can be deleted. 

Works perfectly, and unless something changes I assume the same procedure can be followed with subsequent updates.

If anyone has an issue with disappearing flight plans (after updating) in the GUI (but ai is still visible at airports) check for multiple entries in add-ons.cfg

Just figured that one out..🤔

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, newtie said:

If anyone has an issue with disappearing flight plans (after updating) in the GUI (but ai is still visible at airports) check for multiple entries in add-ons.cfg

Just figured that one out..🤔

Cheers,

Mark

Do you by chance mean the FPDatabase..??

I looked thru all the AIG AIM folders, and I honestly don't see an "add-ons" cfg file anywhere..

FWIW, all the flight plans I had installed before updating are still right where they should be in the GUI. 

6 hours ago, SunDevil56 said:

I looked thru all the AIG AIM folders, and I honestly don't see an "add-ons" cfg file anywhere..

Look in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg, there should be only one entry something like this:

[Package.3]
PATH=D:\AIG Manager\AIGAIM - OCI\OCI-Configuration
TITLE=AIGAIM AI Traffic
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

If there are more than one, delete and renumber as necessary.

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

There was a "bug" in previous AIGAIM installers that if one didn't uninstall the previous version, one would end up with two identical entries in add-on.cfg. Having duplicate entries in one's scenery library is never a good thing. Sometimes there are no obvious symptoms of the underlying cause. Or the sim either just behaves strangely and worse, CTDs.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SierraDelta said:

Look in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg, there should be only one entry something like this:

[Package.3]
PATH=D:\AIG Manager\AIGAIM - OCI\OCI-Configuration
TITLE=AIGAIM AI Traffic
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

If there are more than one, delete and renumber as necessary.

Thanks Soren.

I checked it, and there's only one entry there for AIG Manager.

What is this about deleting things in the folder after unzipping within the folder??

When this program gets updated. It self-downloads the required files to its main folder and tells you to unzip within the main folder - which overwrites the old files that are being updated. Thats the process that updates AIG Manager.  

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

9 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

What is this about deleting things in the folder after unzipping within the folder??

When this program gets updated. It self-downloads the required files to its main folder and tells you to unzip within the main folder - which overwrites the old files that are being updated. Thats the process that updates AIG Manager.  

There was one update where the readme.txt file said to delete the resources folder as part of the installation. I don't recall seeing that in the last one. I've already deleted the .zip file, so I can't check.

I've upgraded 3 or 4 times now. I move the .zip file with the new version to the desktop, and then  use "Extract all" and select the AI Manager folder as the destination. I answer "Yes" to the overwrite files question (ticking the box that says to use the same answer to that question for all of the files). Once it is complete, I delete the .zip file from my desktop.

• Upvote 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

40 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

There was one update where the readme.txt file said to delete the resources folder as part of the installation. I don't recall seeing that in the last one. I've already deleted the .zip file, so I can't check.

I've upgraded 3 or 4 times now. I move the .zip file with the new version to the desktop, and then  use "Extract all" and select the AI Manager folder as the destination. I answer "Yes" to the overwrite files question (ticking the box that says to use the same answer to that question for all of the files). Once it is complete, I delete the .zip file from my desktop.

That's probably a more efficient and less confusing way of doing it than what I did.

If I may ask MDFlier, did doing it like that rename your existing AIM AIG v0.8.3.16 folder to AIG AIM v0.8.4.0..??

The folder I have now, and what I run the executable from is called "AIG_AIManager_0.8.4.0"

I also created a desktop shortcut to run it with.

FWIW, this is the first time i've updated, going from v0.8.3.16 to v0.8.4.0.

Edited by SunDevil56

9 hours ago, SunDevil56 said:

If I may ask MDFlier, did doing it like that rename your existing AIM AIG v0.8.3.16 folder to AIG AIM v0.8.4.0..??

The folder I have now, and what I run the executable from is called "AIG_AIManager_0.8.4.0"

I also created a desktop shortcut to run it with.

No. This will not change the name of your folder. 

Unzip the new version into a new folder named what you want, and then do the reverse of what I said above. Open up the old folder in Explorer. Highlight all of the files and folders and then select copy. Then, open up the new folder in Explorer and paste them. When asked if you want to overwrite any files of the same name, select No. This will only copy the files from your old install that do not exist in the new folder into the new folder.

After that, you'll be able to use my method for any new releases. Don't forget to point your desktop shortcut to the new location.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Hi, I have download the AIG AI Manager, and looked at the manual but it seem to be written for previous users of AIG stuff. This is my first time trying to install AI traffic using AIG, so can anyone point me to a tutorial or YT videos on how to use the manager. There are a couple of videos about installing flight plans etc, but these are old and does not include the manager. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

John.

9 minutes ago, bloxboy said:

Hi, I have download the AIG AI Manager, and looked at the manual but it seem to be written for previous users of AIG stuff. This is my first time trying to install AI traffic using AIG, so can anyone point me to a tutorial or YT videos on how to use the manager. There are a couple of videos about installing flight plans etc, but these are old and does not include the manager. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

John.

I think it would be better if you post these questions directly to the developers using the AIG forums, the reason being is that they know their software better than anyone and it will also give them the opportunity to understand their user base requirements which in turn will allow then to improve their software as required.

Regards,
Simbol