Sign in to follow this  
SunDevil56

AIG AI Manager v0.8.4.0 is out...

54 minutes ago, bloxboy said:

Hi, I have download the AIG AI Manager, and looked at the manual but it seem to be written for previous users of AIG stuff. This is my first time trying to install AI traffic using AIG, so can anyone point me to a tutorial or YT videos on how to use the manager. There are a couple of videos about installing flight plans etc, but these are old and does not include the manager. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

John.

I'm not aware of any video tutorials for the current AI Manager, but you can scour Youtube and see what you come up with...

You can try the AIG forums like Simbol suggested, but you will need to register before you can post anything. Honestly though, if you just follow the directions in the OCI tutorial step by step you really shouldn't have any problems, it's all outlined there. That's all I did, and I had never used the AI Manager until about 4 weeks ago. The OCI tutorial is in the main AIG AIM folder, it's only 10 pages long, and is easy to follow. Just start the AI Manager and then follow the steps in the OCI tutorial.

Keep in mind that you will need the (free) P3Dv4 SDK installed so you can point the AIM OCI to the image tool. You can download it here... https://www.prepar3d.com/support/sdk/

You'll also need to decide whether to use only freeware models, but again, this is all plainly covered in the OCI tutorial.

And so far, I have found that the freeware models are of very good quality. 

• Upvote 2

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

22 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

Ditto here.

The following AI models have roughly the same degree of quality (high resolution texture sheets and high vertex count models):

FAIB (freeware  - Boeing and Airbus)

FSPainter (payware with some legacy freeware  - Boeing and Airbus)

Raven FS Labs (freeware  - ERJ CRJ regional jets)

MAIW (freeware - military)

The rest of the AI freeware model types are generally legacy versions (no longer in active development) that have been converted by AIG for P3d4 compatibility. They have lower vertex counts and lower resolution texture sheets.  Most of the payware AI add-on packages also provide models of this caliber. One step below these are the models in My Traffic 6 which are very simplistic. They still look okay as long as the user is not right next to them.

1 hour ago, MDFlier said:

The freeware models and repaints have been far superior to any of the payware AI package models for well over a decade now. The AIG AIM is pretty revolutionary for those that havent wanted to build their own custom ai setup.

Don't forget the TFS models, converted for v4 which the OCI does for you they are still pretty awesome.

Edited by Dave_YVR
  • Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Thanks Guys for your advice, I will try and work it out. It seems a very good program.

John.