Sign in to follow this  
sfgiants13

Whitedotsim Addis Ababa Airport Plateau

Does anyone have this scenery for P3D V4?  I installed per the directions and the airport is on a plateau.  I've tried both enabling and disabling the elevation correction in ORBX vector to no avail.  There is an included elevation correction but that just brings it from a massive valley to on the plateau.  

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

Is the plateau on all sides? In real life the airport drops off sharply on three sides -- there's only one side that stays at roughly the same elevation as the airport (toward the city, past the terminals).

In other words, check that it's not working as designed.

James

Also, do you use an add-on mesh? Many airports are adjusted to the default mesh, which can be quite incorrect, especially in Africa. If you use a better mesh now, you might run into problems like this. FS Global also comes with correction files for any affected airport.

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

I have this but I only have black textures and I don't know what I am doing wrong because the directions are pretty easy it seems. I did also have the elevation problem but fixed it with the included file and of course running the FTX airport elevation tool.

I use freemesh so maybe that has something to do with it. I’ll attach a screenshot when I get home. I have tried enabling and disabling AEC and neither made a difference. 

Are you running the Vector AEC tool as Automatic or Manual?  If Automatic, try to exclude it manually without running an Automatic Scan.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

24 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Are you running the Vector AEC tool as Automatic or Manual?  If Automatic, try to exclude it manually without running an Automatic Scan.

Im doing it manually. I don’t run automatic because there’s a few sceneries it messed up so I just test each airport as I install them and change as needed manually.

4 minutes ago, sfgiants13 said:

Im doing it manually. I don’t run automatic because there’s a few sceneries it messed up so I just test each airport as I install them and change as needed manually.

Yep, that's why I asked... knowing that puts you a step ahead of the curve!  Good job brother!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

After looking at it again the side near the terminal appears to be flat with a slight drop on the opposite sides.  The big plateaus are off each end of the runways so that would indeed be 3 of the 4 sides having the drop off.  Freemesh being turned off had no major effect. Here's a screenshot I took of it.

https://ibb.co/RhSqS9X

Edited by sfgiants13

Can anyone confirm the extent of the updates to the scenery? Based on the announcement it's lighting and parking (afcad) related- is there more with regard to the scenery itself or is this "it"?

I'm not disparaging the update, but had already added my own dynamic lighting, SODE jetways, and tailored parking so would hate to remove those. Thx!

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."