Sign in to follow this  
kityatyi

Dome lights don't work at one particular scenery

Hi guys,

A very strange issue that I noticed only at WF Scenery Studio's Beijing Capital (ZBAA) scenery. Whenever my PMDG Boeing 777 (as well as my QW 787) is at this airport, and only at this one and only airport, the dome light does not work. The switch does work properly but it does not project any light at all. However, when I depart from the airport and leave the scenery territory, the lights suddenly do begin to work.  Or if I just simply position the aircraft to any other scenery or airport through the menus, again, the dome light works without any issues suddenly. The same I experience using the QW Dreamliner. The dome light however does work using the CS 757 as well as the FSL A319.

Before people start to misunderstand me and think I am blaming anyone - as it already happened in the past - I'd like to highlight I am not blaming anyone here but trying to seek advice, maybe someone who also has this scenery product could kindly check for me. 

I tried both with and without modified shaders, intitially thinking Tomato Shade could be the culprit but no. Even with default shaders the issue does exist. A QW team member, however, reported that he's got no issues in his 787. So what? Can someone please check, using the PMDG 777 where I also do have the issue of having no working dome lights please - or perhaps point me to the right direction what could possibly cause this problem.

I already reported this to the developer of that particular ZBAA but I also want to make sure it's not me doing something wrong.

Appreciate your comments in advance.

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

I wonder if it has to do with dynamic lighting or some kind of lighting at that particular airport. I had something similar happen, but it was Aerosoft's Heathrow scenery with the PMDG Boeing 747-400.

• Like 2

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Just now, Captain Kevin said:

I wonder if it has to do with dynamic lighting or some kind of lighting at that particular airport. I had something similar happen, but it was Aerosoft's Heathrow scenery with the PMDG Boeing 747-400.

Great idea man, thanks! Will try with DL switched OFF! Will report back!

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

7 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

BINGO! As soon as I turned OFF the Dynamic Lights in the P3D Options, the dome light began working in both the PMDG 777 as well as the QW 787. What the heck is this then? So far I haven't noticed this issue anywhere else so I dare to think that it's the scenery developer who needs to intervene.

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

On 2/26/2019 at 9:15 PM, kityatyi said:

BINGO! As soon as I turned OFF the Dynamic Lights in the P3D Options, the dome light began working in both the PMDG 777 as well as the QW 787. What the heck is this then? So far I haven't noticed this issue anywhere else so I dare to think that it's the scenery developer who needs to intervene.

I don‘t think that you can do anything. You‘ll have to wait for the airport‘s developer to fix this. It‘s obviously a bug on their end and at today‘s tricks and tweaks to make interactive addons work this could be just everything. I‘ve had issues with a scenery that uses the Com 2 frequency to interact with airport features. That‘s... nice... if you have an airplane that has a COM 2. not so nice if the airport goes crazy and you don‘t have a COM 2 xD

Or autoland the 737 at an addon airport in CAT2 that uses the NAV 2 frequency for the runway lights... doh... 

anyway, most likely nothing is wring on your side. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ephedrin said:

I don‘t think that you can do anything. You‘ll have to wait for the airport‘s developer to fix this. It‘s obviously a bug on their end and at today‘s tricks and tweaks to make interactive addons work this could be just everything. I‘ve had issues with a scenery that uses the Com 2 frequency to interact with airport features. That‘s... nice... if you have an airplane that has a COM 2. not so nice if the airport goes crazy and you don‘t have a COM 2 xD

Or autoland the 737 at an addon airport in CAT2 that uses the NAV 2 frequency for the runway lights... doh... 

anyway, most likely nothing is wring on your side. 

Guys, problem solved! The developer is actually quite helpful and he looked into it. The dynamic lights in his ZBAA were compiled with the old 4.0 SDK. He recompiled with the 4.4 SDK and behold, all is fine now!

• Like 1

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi