Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Flightscene Sceneries

Don't want to take the plunge and purchase  a Tahiti and Society Islands scenery before I seek opinions here as I have never heard of the developer before.

So, any opinions, please? Miss/Buy?

Just to make your decision harder (!), you may also want to consider this package:

https://www.flight-sim-jewels.com/french-polynesia-the-society-islands/

which is currently on sale and comes with Hawaii scenery as well. I asked a couple weeks ago if anyone here had used it but didn’t hear back.

i beta tested the Flightscene NTAA airport about 7 years ago. I’ll say that if it hasn’t been significantly updated since then it would look very dated in terms of tech, but it’s hard to know for sure from screenshots.

James

1 hour ago, vc10man said:

Don't want to take the plunge and purchase  a Tahiti and Society Islands scenery before I seek opinions here as I have never heard of the developer before.

So, any opinions, please? Miss/Buy?

I have it, and it is excellent IMO. The scenery around the islands themselves is stunningly beautiful as you fly over, and the largest airport, NTAA and the immediate vicinity, is detailed enough for what it is, which in real life is not a very large or busy airport or environs...

I posted some info and a couple of screen shots here back in January... 

This is what I would describe as "sightseeing" scenery... If you like to fly relatively low and slow and just enjoy the natural beauty of the scenery passing by below, you shouldn't be disappointed in Flightscene Tahiti.

4 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

I have it, and it is excellent IMO. The scenery around the islands themselves is stunningly beautiful as you fly over, and the largest airport, NTAA and the immediate vicinity, is detailed enough for what it is, which in real life is not a very large or busy airport or environs...

I posted some info and a couple of screen shots here back in January... 

This is what I would describe as "sightseeing" scenery... If you like to fly relatively low and slow and just enjoy the natural beauty of the scenery passing by below, you shouldn't be disappointed in Flightscene Tahiti.

Thanks for that in-depth and fantastic reply,SunDevil56. Just what I needed.

I was aware that the airports in that Region are small as I used to have Aerosoft's Tahiti X for FSX, so naturally assumed the airports would be small. As I am not into VFR flights or 'sightseeing flights', guess I may pass. Still undecided.

• Upvote 1

I bought this scenery some time ago and for 4.4, I did not dare to reinstall it as it depends on autogenconfigurationmerger as well as a tool called animan.exe. I do NOT like such tools that modify my P3D without telling me what they actually do.

@SunDevil56 Don't you have any issues with autogen on other regions after using Tahiti? Did you ever had any issues since installing this scenery into v4.4? Or does it work "out of the box" now?

I am still extremly hesitant installing this scenery. I remember that it is very nicely done regarding visuals, fun to do VFR flights around the islands, so I would like to reinstall it.

EDIT: that was the discussion when I bought the scenery. Are those bugs now eliminated?

Edited by AnkH

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 minute ago, AnkH said:

@SunDevil56 Don't you have any issues with autogen on other regions after using Tahiti? Did you ever had any issues since installing this scenery into v4.4? Or does it work "out of the box" now?

None that i've noted.

Oh, no. Reading the 2nd-last post now really makes me think, 'Aye-up, I goofed as I purchased it.'

But the last post from SunDevil56 is somewhat reassuring as i don't want to feel I have bought a lemon!😠

I don't know what to tell you guys...

I do occasionally get an "Autogen Configuration Merge" screen that pops up (see pic), but the only time i've ever seen it was after running FTX central and the Vector control panel, and then starting P3D...

Usually I just close this and ignore it, let P3D load, and run it as usual without any issues. But i've also tried letting P3D load and then closing it and restarting, at which time no Autogen Configuration Merge warning screen appears, but either way, I have never noted any autogen issues with any other scenery's, ever, and I have a bunch from all the usual well known dev's...

Rick, i'm sorry if i've given you any sketchy advice, all I can tell you is how it works for me on my system

etjd70R.jpg

Relax, SunDevil56, at the end of the day I make the final decision to buy or not to buy. I'm just taking on board what I am reading here and am keeping fingers crossed that when it actually comes to the day when I actually install the today-downloaded purchase, this Auto Configuration Manager does not cause a major hiccup.

5 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Relax, SunDevil56, at the end of the day I make the final decision to buy or not to buy. I'm just taking on board what I am reading here and am keeping fingers crossed that when it actually comes to the day when I actually install the today-downloaded purchase, this Auto Configuration Manager does not cause a major hiccup.

No worries Rick.

I don't think you'll have any major issues other than what I indicated above, and that should probably only appear if you are running ORBX Vector like I am.

FWIW, I run ORBX FTX Global, Europe, North America, and South America land class and Vector, as well as Toposim worldwide mesh, and dozens of add on airports from the usual suspects like Flightbeam, UK2000, FlyTampa, LatinVFR, JustSim, and many others, and i've never encountered any autogen issues after installing the Flightscene Tahiti scenery.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes once you've got it installed... 

17 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

No worries Rick.

I don't think you'll have any major issues other than what I indicated above, and that should probably only appear if you are running ORBX Vector like I am.

FWIW, I run ORBX FTX Global, Europe, North America, and South America land class and Vector, as well as Toposim worldwide mesh, and dozens of add on airports from the usual suspects like Flightbeam, UK2000, FlyTampa, LatinVFR, JustSim, and many others, and i've never encountered any autogen issues after installing the Flightscene Tahiti scenery.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes once you've got it installed... 

Thanks for that reassurance. I don't run Orbx Vector but do have FTX Global, Europe, North America, England, Scotland, Ireland, N.Ireland; plus a host of Orbx EU airports+ Orbx Australia, NZ, etc. Add to that liek yourself, Flightbeam, DDesign, UK2000, FSDT, Tropicalsim, LatinVFR, FlyTampa. So,am keeping fingers tightly crossed.

Will update with feedback once I have installed it later.

• Upvote 1

UPDATE TIME

Okay, I installed it and I have just one word for it------great! Glad I bought it now. The dwellings dotted all around the hills in Tahiti; the blue sea and its white tops breaking serenely across the waves. A well-done airport and surrounding ships in teh harbour complete with cranes, etc, etc at Tahiti. Okay, the terminal building may not be what I am generally used to, but in the context of where it is, no problems for me.

A nearby island, mountain reflection in the blue sea and a change in between the dark blue sea and light blue corals, nicely depicted.

As I do not usually fly GA aircraft, I need to give it a Departure/Arrival in a larger aircraft, or wheel my A2A C172 out.

All, in all I feel chuffed I bought, reduced. As I do not have an image hosting site, sorry no pics.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, vc10man said:

UPDATE TIME

Okay, I installed it and I have just one word for it------great! Glad I bought it now. The dwellings dotted all around the hills in Tahiti; the blue sea and its white tops breaking serenely across the waves. A well-done airport and surrounding ships in teh harbour complete with cranes, etc, etc at Tahiti. Okay, the terminal building may not be what I am generally used to, but in the context of where it is, no problems for me....

That's great Rick, i'm glad to hear it...

So am I safe in assuming you aren't getting any of the ACM popup windows like I occasionally get.. Or if you do, you are just ignoring them as I also do, with no apparent consequences..??

As for the NTAA terminal building, it's fairly well represented in the scenery compared to real life from what I can recall, and although this is an "international" airport, it's very small, there are no jetways, or the large cargo carrier facilities etc. that you would normally associate with an international airport of the type you and I are obviously more accustomed to.

All in all, for me this has been great "fly over" scenery, and I expect this is exactly what the dev's intended it to be.

14 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

getting any of the ACM popup windows

So, far I have only flown from Tahiti and just checked out also newly-bought today, the Digital Design EGGP with the FSL A320 at a stand as I am trying to set up LINDA which I have never ever had before, and no have not seen the ACM pop-up so far.

14 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

As for the NTAA terminal building, it's fairly well represented in the scenery compared to real life from what I can recall, and although this is an "international" airport, it's very small, there are no jetways, or the large cargo carrier facilities etc. that you would normally associate with an international airport of the type you and I are obviously more accustomed to.

That's why I paraphrased that in the light of where Tahiti is located, say compared to FSDT's KJFK, etc, to me an olde-worlde charm like that airport is okay, besides never having been there.

Edited by vc10man