Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

EZDok V3 versus ChasePlane?

Hi,

I do have EZDok V2 and ChasePlane.
Recently I reinstalled P3D V4 and decided to switch to CP (was long time EZDok user)
Currently I'm in the tedious process of defining views for all my aircraft and that is going to take a while.
In the mean time, EZDok V3 has been released and now I'm considering to switch back to EZDok (and consequently start the view defining process all over again)

Therefor I would like to know what your initial thoughts are about EZDok V3? Is it better then V2 (and CP)?
I'm aware that I can upgrade for a relative cheap price to V3 but I don't want to discover that after I have installed/configured it, CP still is the better choice.

Egbert

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

58 minutes ago, Egbert Drenth said:

Currently I'm in the tedious process of defining views for all my aircraft and that is going to take a while.

I use CP. Setting up all the views I want on a new plane takes a couple of minutes.Not more than that.

I tried EZDok v3, but found it still way to complex to set it up. So back to CP.

Edited by willy647

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

For me I had CP and loved it except for one feature it was lacking, virtual cockpit walls.  I dumped EzDok V2 because I thought it was too complex but for me V3 is simple again.  To add new views they've simplified it by just pressing the "+ new camera view" and then once it's been added press the number 2 for editing and you're good to go.  If you're in the habit of using CP, EzDok V3 does have a similar interface as CP for editing views,  but for me Num 2 has been my best friend.  I have had some issues with the camera views saving  so I need to go back and make sure I'm saving properly.  As far as EzDok V3, wow!!!!  In my opinion they really got the DHM( dynamic head movement) feature right.  I was totally blown away by what seems to be a more realistic head movement when in the cockpit.  Their turbulence feature is pretty awesome too.  Right now for me, I'd have to give the edge to EzDokV3!!

Gary

• Upvote 3

I also used to use CP and found that although it did include some cool features (such as importing community cameras) some of the effects I was most excited about were cumbersome to set up (exits/virtual walls). I also found that their version of the dynamic breathing and head movement did not feel very "realistic" and at least for me, was very difficult to tweak. I also noticed that I had some framerate issues and micro-stuttering with CP active. 

When I purchased EzDokV3 I was pleased to see how loaded it was with features. I was particularly impressed with how the turbulence system and Dynamic Head movement all links up to Active Sky and responds to the weather in your area. Any tweaking that was necessary was all done through slider bars which was extremely intuitive as well. Even more impressive was that they seem to be exploring how to better simulate ground friction as well. You can modify the stiffness of your gear/fuselage and how it responds to the "bumps" on the surface of the landing strip you are on. In addition, you can even modify in real-time the bumpyness of the strip. As a bush flyer this feature alone is pretty cool! I also found that the engine thrust simulation on the aircraft also feels more realistic than CP as well. 

Overall I think you're comparing Apples to Oranges. CP is a great piece of software that allows you to set up internal/external/world cameras with relative ease. EzDokV3 really is venturing more into what I consider a more realistic physics simulation and although it does have a internal/external/world camera feature I did find it a little cumbersome to set up.

Just my thoughts 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi, All!

I, as one of the developers, do not want to do any advertising. I just want to tell you a little bit about how it all works with EZCA.

In our old version EZCA2 for proper operation of all the effects required specially configured Cameraset for a specific aircraft, which have been set up all effects.

In our new version of EZCA3, we have tried to simplify the task of setting effects for virtual pilots. But we were able to do this only by giving up any "artificial camera vibrations" during the flight, which created the character of shaking the pilot's head. We specifically made our turbulence module (XTm), which receives weather information directly from the simulator or the ActiveSky weather engine (this is much more accurate) and affects the aircraft, and various forces at the same time affect the pilot (as in real life) and the movement of his head transmits everything that the pilot sees on the screen.

We put all the dependencies of these effects in our XTm module and now to adjust the effects for any aircraft is enough to make a very simple setup for a specific aircraft.

Only three main settings (Simple Effect Studio) - Effect scale - is the level of turbulence effect, TONE - is the nature of the impact of turbulence on the plane (slider up - small planes, slider down - heavy liners) and the last setting - DHM (Dynamic Head Movements) - is the setting of how all the forces of effects on the pilot, how his head can be deflected. Moreover, this effect is calculated taking into account the structure of the human skeleton.

Thus, the new EZCA3 when installing a new aircraft, simply loads all its configured cameras and is immediately ready to fly. During the flight, you can adjust the exact effects and no longer think about it. Of course, you can create any number of your cameras.

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

On 2/27/2019 at 12:47 PM, Egbert Drenth said:

Hi,

I do have EZDok V2 and ChasePlane.
Recently I reinstalled P3D V4 and decided to switch to CP (was long time EZDok user)
In the mean time, EZDok V3 has been released and now I'm considering to switch back to EZDok (and consequently start the view defining process all over again)

Therefor I would like to know what your initial thoughts are about EZDok V3? Is it better then V2 (and CP)?
I'm aware that I can upgrade for a relative cheap price to V3 but I don't want to discover that after I have installed/configured it, CP still is the better choice.

Egbert

Back to EZDok for me since V3 🙂

André

1 minute ago, awf said:

Back to EZDok for me since V3

me too !! 😃

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Del57 said:

EZDok everytime for me

+1

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Hmmm, I discover a trend in this thread 😉
I guess I have to invest a little upgrade amount.

Thanks for your replies!

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

sticking  with  chase  plane

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

using v2 since a while but it was just using it, Wich v3 I started loving this program as it is way more intuitive and simplier handling. Cannot judge on CP as I've never owned it.

I'm very keen on the realistic turbulence effects using ActiveSky and PMDG.  I think I'll get it this weekend.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ErichB said:

I'm very keen on the realistic turbulence effects using ActiveSky and PMDG.  I think I'll get it this weekend.

Look forward to your feedback Erich.

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip