Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

EZDok V3 versus ChasePlane?

Hi!

In the next couple of days we will release an update that makes compatibility with Aerosoft Airbus (slow taxiing speed) and PMDG 747 (push back with GSX) and add one interesting feature - it will be possible to control the view with a mouse wheel press hold or a keyboard "space" on the external cameras of the simulator, such as "Spot".

Edited by Nickbe
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

Nick, thats great news! The inability to control spot views with mouse or spacebar is my biggest gripe with EZdok right now, so I'm super happy to hear this is being addressed. Keep up the great work!

One question I did have is on the Effects control panel (the one with all the sliders). In the "Surface" section you have sliders for rigid, bump, and no passable. Can you explain what each of these sliders represent? Specifically, I'm confused by the no passable setting.

9 minutes ago, Bt103504 said:

Nick, thats great news! The inability to control spot views with mouse or spacebar is my biggest gripe with EZdok right now, so I'm super happy to hear this is being addressed. Keep up the great work!

One question I did have is on the Effects control panel (the one with all the sliders). In the "Surface" section you have sliders for rigid, bump, and no passable. Can you explain what each of these sliders represent? Specifically, I'm confused by the no passable setting. 

Hi!

As we have already mentioned in the guide - three sliders-a reaction to the vibration of the aircraft when moving on the ground surface. The most popular is the RIGID-it's all the main surfaces when the plane rolls on the ground. If the effect is too strong, just reduce this value. Next I will give an excerpt from the manual:

SURFACE – These sliders regulate the level of plane fuselage and camera’s
shakes when the plane is running on the ground. The simulator contains 26 types of
surface that we have distributed among three groups - RIGID, BUMP, NO Passable.
All the concrete- and asphalt-paved runways are “RIGID”. The other runways and
the surface beyond the concrete runways are BUMP. The surface outside the
airport is “Nо Passable”. You can set the level of vibrations separately for each
surface of plane’s location.

30 minutes ago, Nickbe said:

Hi!

As we have already mentioned in the guide - three sliders-a reaction to the vibration of the aircraft when moving on the ground surface. The most popular is the RIGID-it's all the main surfaces when the plane rolls on the ground. If the effect is too strong, just reduce this value. Next I will give an excerpt from the manual:

shakes when the plane is running on the ground. The simulator contains 26 types of
airport is “Nо Passable”. You can set the level of vibrations separately for each

Are there pre-configured vibration files for aircraft of certain weight categories like 737, 747, Cessna...or must the user create these configs for each new aircraft ?

19 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Are there pre-configured vibration files for aircraft of certain weight categories like 737, 747, Cessna...or must the user create these configs for each new aircraft ? 

Our basic concept is to simplify setup as much as possible. All aircraft in the air are similar to each other. Different weight. We take all these data into account in the turbulence module, which does all the work. Now you do not need special profiles with customized effects. We tried to simplify everything as much as possible, but at the same time to make realistic effects of the aircraft in the air. If you still have questions about the implementation of the effects, we are always ready for dialogue.

• Like 1

Is it possible to turn off zoom with the middle mouse button? I find if I press the middle mouse button to pan around with the mouse, the zoom changes and the frame rate tanks making for very stutter panning. Something I loved ezdok for in the past was exceptionally smooth panning so is it possible to turn this off? 

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

I keep saying (as I've done in this forum) that ALL I want is the plane movement.  I don't care one bit about the camera views.  The 1st edition of EZdok let me do that.  Now, both EZdok and Chaseplane are so sophisticated that it is almost impossible to program either for just the plane interior movement.  

If EZdok could give me a lite version or just some simplicity in getting the movement and nothing else, I would be happy.

Stan

I have EZdok 3. I agree it's very non-intuitive and needlessly complex. Gone back to Chaseplane.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Stan

I had all versions of Ezdok. I liked the way Ezdok V2.0 worked but I did not like the interface. I now have V3 and  i am happy. The new interface looks more professional and yes, there are many features. You don't have to use all those "sophisticated" features. You can easy create cameras with just one click, as many as you wish. All effects will work right away. There is nothing complicated in creating cameras. There are few introduction videos about v3 on YouTube. Take a look. 

Edited by skysurfer

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

7 hours ago, Lenny777 said:

have EZdok 3. I agree it's very non-intuitive and needlessly complex. Gone back to Chaseplane.

+1   Plus I like the feature that CP stops shaking when moving the mouse over knobs

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

18 hours ago, Airline2Sim said:

Is it possible to turn off zoom with the middle mouse button? I find if I press the middle mouse button to pan around with the mouse, the zoom changes and the frame rate tanks making for very stutter panning. Something I loved ezdok for in the past was exceptionally smooth panning so is it possible to turn this off? 

I believe when you select the view you are in on the left hand side there is a zoom button with a green chevron on it. Click it to remove the green chevron and it will stop the zoom while panning 🙂

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

On 3/2/2019 at 4:35 AM, willy647 said:

+1   Plus I like the feature that CP stops shaking when moving the mouse over knobs

One of the most important features, IMO. Wish EZdok would incorporate.

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

The LM camera version works really well also.

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

On 3/1/2019 at 5:08 AM, Nickbe said:

Hi!

I understand the words in the excerpt but not the last few sentences. Feeling stupid. Is it "No Passable" or "Not Passable" or "Restricted" or "Invalid"? If the "No Passable" is a place that a plane cannot be on and is therefore unusable, why do I have to concern myself with its 'level of vibrations'?

Which has the easier to understand manual EZDOK (EZCA? -- why does it have two names??) or Chaseplane?  Thanks.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

1 hour ago, oneleg said:
I understand the words in the excerpt but not the last few sentences. Feeling stupid. Is it "No Passable" or "Not Passable" or "Restricted" or "Invalid"? If the "No Passable" is a place that a plane cannot be on and is therefore unusable, why do I have to concern myself with its 'level of vibrations'?

Which has the easier to understand manual EZDOK (EZCA? -- why does it have two names??) or Chaseplane?  Thanks.

Hi!

There are small planes for bush-flights. Such a plane can land on unprepared fields, such as the river bank. Therefore, the shaking is simulated when moving on the ground outside the airfield.

“Nо Passable” - poorly passable surface.

Two names EZDOK - EZCA - the first is the name of the developer "EZdok Software", and the second reduction from EZDOK CAMERA - EZ+CA = EZCA.

Manual EZCA may not seem quite clear, as it was written in Russian and after translated into English. Manual Chaseplane originally written in English. 🙂

Edited by Nickbe