Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

EZDok V3 versus ChasePlane?

Chaseplane is no longer being supported, so I would recommend checking out EZDok.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, AirShow said:

Chaseplane is no longer being supported, so I would recommend checking out EZDok.

ChasePlane is supported. Can you pm me the email address the ticket was submitted from and I'll take care of it

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Check your emails thoroughly, as I have tried to contact you repeatedly in the past month. I bet there are multiple customers in the same boat as me.

ChasePlane seems to be freezing up several times per flight.  I have to reduce Sim and then shut off CP and then start it again.  I will then have to do it all over again later in the flight.  

Myself and others have posted in their forum but so far no assistance in how to correct this issue.  

• Like 1

Just now, kenthom said:

ChasePlane seems to be freezing up several times per flight.  I have to reduce Sim and then shut off CP and then start it again.  I will then have to do it all over again later in the flight.  

Myself and others have posted in their forum but so far no assistance in how to correct this issue.  

The forum is a User-to-User area. If you are having issues you'd like us to have a look at, submit them through our Ticket system on the website

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

3 hours ago, AirShow said:

Check your emails thoroughly, as I have tried to contact you repeatedly in the past month. I bet there are multiple customers in the same boat as me.

can  you link the multiply custmers  if  you  cant  than  why  post  such a comment

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Back to EzyDok because CP can‘t handle two Joysticks.

• Upvote 1

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

Nickbe, 

I have been working for the past 6 hours to try to get EZDock 3 professional to work.  I purchased it through Flight 1 and have researched everywhere for answers.

I use windows 11, 

Edition    Windows 11 Pro
Version    22H2
Installed on    ‎12/‎15/‎2022
OS build    22621.1194
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0

Prepar3D v5

File Version: 5.3.17.28160

Product Version 5.3.17.28160

EZCA3.1.exe

It installs fine but it does not show in the addons menu.  When I use the configure program it hides the Virtual Cockpit etc.  

I then download the windows 11 patch (EZCA 3.2.0.2 for P3D 5.3.12.28072) for simconnect 11 and attempt to use the config.exe tool to change the Simconnect to version 11.  I get a message that I need to install the patch manually.  I do so using administrator rights with the Defender Antivirus disabled.  I again attempt to run the patch and it states that it has patched successfully.  Then when instructed to use the Configuration tool and I get the Message, "Configure tool can not found simconnects. Please install EZSC Loader Manually. Placed: C:\ProgramFiles\EZCA#.1\EZsc_loader" After I install the patch the Configure tool no longer gives me the drop down to choose Simconnect 11.  Before I install the patch I am able to choose advanced and Simconnect v 10.0.61259.0 is displayed.  

At this point I have lost the P3D camera presets and I am unable to use EZDock.  I spent a lot of research on what camera addon to purchase i.e. chase plane vs EZDock.  I noticed that you stated to many just give it a try you can always get your money back and additionally I have read positive reviews.  I would very much like to resolve this issue and use EZdock but I am stuck.  As mentioned I would love to use this product but can not find any good support.  Thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter.  Regards, Mickey

ChasePlane is the easier to use product and doesn't interfere with aircraft flight physics as much.  However, ChasePlane is now //42 and they are dropping all support for P3D which I assume means CP will not be updated to support P3D V6 when released.

EZDok has made NO public announcement they will drop support for P3D.  So going forward, EZDok my be the best option.

• Like 1

I gave up on EZDOK 12 months ago and went over to Chaseplane after getting no response from EZDOK support after 5.3 install hassles.  As an addon I prefer EZDOK and have used it for many years but it seems to be abandonware now.  If there is a P3Dv6 it will have to include by default most of the payware features we we need now in P3D5 to make it look any good.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

EzDok forums still has activity as of Jan 9th 2023 and I think you posted there Bruce?

A little digging and the developer (Marniftarr) is from Russia ... looks like EZdok development was suspended a few years ago, then briefly resumed and talk of doing a version for MSFS EZCA v4 ... then Putin.

So I tend to agree with current sanctions we're unlikely to see any new development.

On a side note, setting up cameras in P3D is well supported/documented and with a little work binding them to controllers ... not taking anything away from ChasePlane as it put all this in a nice easy to use package.  Just make sure when using any external cameras in P3D to set NearClipOverride=5.0 to remove all the flickering textures.

spacer.png

I have no idea why 5.0 isn't the default value?

I have just purchased EZdok v3 a few days ago after being a Chaseplane user for some time (with P3Dv5.3) and after having the usual hickups installing and setting up, realized how sparse the support is for this software with very little literature and vids for v3.

I purchase EZD for the turbulence effects and its interaction with AS and it now turns out to be the one main problem I am having with the software. When setting up the flight profile in the extended turbulence section, the aircraft is lifted off the ground in edit mode as stated in the manual so that you do not have to be in flight, only trouble is, when you are done and take it out of edit mode the engines are roaring and when it drops back on the ground, it just goes raceing forward and out of the airport.

Gotta say, I am wondering if this effects feature has any more things turning up, then Chaseplane has it beat for camera setup and operation, not to mention it plays nicer with myTir5 and Fsipanel. Seriously thinking of taking advantage of flight 1 return policy.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

4 hours ago, wanabflyer said:

I have just purchased EZdok v3 a few days ago after being a Chaseplane user for some time (with P3Dv5.3) and after having the usual hickups installing and setting up, realized how sparse the support is for this software with very little literature and vids for v3.

I purchase EZD for the turbulence effects and its interaction with AS and it now turns out to be the one main problem I am having with the software. When setting up the flight profile in the extended turbulence section, the aircraft is lifted off the ground in edit mode as stated in the manual so that you do not have to be in flight, only trouble is, when you are done and take it out of edit mode the engines are roaring and when it drops back on the ground, it just goes raceing forward and out of the airport.

Gotta say, I am wondering if this effects feature has any more things turning up, then Chaseplane has it beat for camera setup and operation, not to mention it plays nicer with myTir5 and Fsipanel. Seriously thinking of taking advantage of flight 1 return policy.

Give it back while it lasts ! I have used all versions of EZDOK for many years and was very satisfied ...
...but in the meantime the support and the development was stopped !
With every Active Sky version an update for EZDOK was necessary, so I can't imagine that the sold version (why is this allowed to be sold at all ?!) can work in p3dv5.3 at all !
Please leave the fingers of it, otherwise you will regret it !

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

16 hours ago, ggerolamo said:

Give it back while it lasts ! I have used all versions of EZDOK for many years and was very satisfied ...
...but in the meantime the support and the development was stopped !
With every Active Sky version an update for EZDOK was necessary, so I can't imagine that the sold version (why is this allowed to be sold at all ?!) can work in p3dv5.3 at all !
Please leave the fingers of it, otherwise you will regret it !

Hi ggerolamo,

Refund applied for and approved. Such a shame, for the few days I struggled with this software I could see the potential. Because I already had my profiles for Chaseplane I was back up and running no time.

Regards, Rick.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg