Sign in to follow this  
Wink207

Features I Like in the Falcon

Hi all:

I thought it might be useful to add some positive comments to the forum on the Falcon.

First I run FSX Gold boxed.

1. Of course the Falcon looks good, interior and exterior. Carenado has a knack for creating the VC models that result in a high degree of immersion.

2. Sounds are very good and also immersive.

3. The Falcon is solid as rock software stability wise. I have accumulated around 100 hrs since release and I have not had any kind of crash or OOM.

4. The ground handling is excellent and also very stable. Easy to look good while in taxi.

5. Hand flying is very stable and smooth. What I like very much is the trim response. It is gradual and also very stable, just as I imagine the RW aircraft might be. The aircraft in the sim feels heavy and stable, as one would expect in a 40000 lb aircraft.

6. Throttles are smooth, easy to synch, and gradual in spooling up. Again, helps with hand flying.

7. I have flown many flights with Ramon's excellent GTN mod and I have enjoyed each one in VMC and IMC.

8. Recently I have also been flying with the Proline 21 system which is installed as original equipment. I must say that it helps in mastering this system to review the Carenado tutorials on the web. Since I have flown so much with the Boeing CDU in the PMDG aircraft, there is a tendency to jump right in and apply the Boeing experience to the Proline. This, as I found, is a recipe for frustration. After watching the tutorials I was able to master the Proline in short order. I'm sure the implementation in the Falcon is nowhere near the RW Proline but for the purposes of the sim, it gets me where I want to go, and gets me on the ground "safely". And once again, software wise it is very stable. It will recover from mistakes, many of which I have made, and gets the aircraft back on the flight plan with minimal disruptions.

9. I know there is much discussion concerning aircraft systems. I have no experience with this aircraft in the RW so I am not able to judge the accuracy of the presentation of the electrics, hydraulics, fuel management, etc. What I do know is that the controls and displays all seem to be there and one is able to execute RW checklists with the various buttons and switches. Whether the buttons and switches are connected to a system simulation running in the background, I am unable to judge. I have not purposely tried to break the airplane to see if it does indeed break. I'd be interested in comments by members who have RW experience in piloting or maintenance of the Falcon.

All in all the Falcon is certainly among the very best add ons I own currently.

Rick

Edited by Wink207

I concur, it is a lovely airplane. But....... It could be great. If, if? Carenado spent 25% of the time spent on the model and textures in systems programming.

FYI: Most of the overhead panel is just a mockup.
How do I know? Because I'm making a mod to connect most of  those buttons and switches to something useful.

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

It's a great plane I have it and Flysimwares Falcon now that they have upgraded it's textures and added PBR for p3d. The planes aren't competitor's they actually compliment each other as now we have both models of the Falcon 50

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

10 hours ago, RamonB said:

FYI: Most of the overhead panel is just a mockup.
How do I know? Because I'm making a mod to connect most of  those buttons and switches to something useful.

Cheers.

Great news Ramon. Your work will be greatly appreciated.