Sign in to follow this  
fautleyj

UK2000 sceneries

Him Folks, I have six UK2000 sceneries in my P3Dv4. When I go to the Scenery Library in P3D the six sceneries are greyed out though they do have a tick in the box next to each of them. If they are greyed out does this mean they are not functioning properly? Also supposing I want to remove the six from the scenery library, I can't because I can not select them as they are greyed out.

Any help appreciated.

John

They are "greyed out" because you chose to install them using the new addon.xml method. At the end of the install procedure for UK2000 airports in P3D v4, the installer asks if you want to use the new method of installation (the addon.xml method), or the old method (which would require you to manually add them to the Scenery Library). For the record, I chose the latter, because I prefer to have direct control of where each entry sits in the Scenery Library from within the simulator.

In short, they will have installed properly.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

11 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

In short, they will have installed properly.

Chris summed it up perfectly.

Just fly and don't worry about it, it's totally normal for scenery installed by the add on xml method.

What Chris has said is spot-on too. If I want to uninstall them I just go via Add/Remove route.

I have 9 different UK2000 scenery's installed... 

I installed mine via the "xml add on route", and as far as I can tell there is no "auto uninstaller", and no entry in the windows control panel uninstall programs list.

Even so, uninstalling after using the xml method is still pretty simple. According to the  uninstall text file that is present in each UK2000 scenery folder...

Uninstall
--------
Just Delete this folder, and it will the product will be removed.

If you used 'SODE' elements for this scenery, you MUST remove the 
'C:ProgramDatabPilotSODExml'UK2000 Heathrow Xtreme.xml file 

I actually tried this once, as I had decided to uninstall UK2000 EGLL and try a freeware version, because it was giving me fits with low frame rates on my old hardware setup. It works perfectly...