Sign in to follow this  
prdant

Saab 340 gns530 nav update

I have a navigraph subscription and have successfully updated to the latest cycle. The only aircraft that I cannot get to update is the Saab 340. The gns530 does not update and the plan from Pilot2atc was built from v1902 and of course I get multiple warnings about the data mismatch. Where does the Saab gas read the data from?

Phill Dant

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

21 minutes ago, prdant said:

I have a navigraph subscription and have successfully updated to the latest cycle. The only aircraft that I cannot get to update is the Saab 340. The gns530 does not update and the plan from Pilot2atc was built from v1902 and of course I get multiple warnings about the data mismatch. Where does the Saab gas read the data from?

Do you have your subscription update working in a GNS series GPS in other aircraft?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

At first I thought so but after checking the 1900 it too does not have good data. I have to find out where that old data is being stored. 

Phill Dant

Ok so after check all othe ac that have a 430 or 530 they are all stuck with navdata v-1708. Aircraft with the FMS are current to v-1902. Now to find where that 1708 data is hiding. 

Phill Dant

The data is in [XP11 Root folder]/Custom Data/GNS430. To update this data with the navigraph data manager, you need to add an addon mapping for "X-Plane GNS430, FF757/767/777.....(a whole long list of addons)" 

Ok so after check all othe ac that have a 430 or 530 they are all stuck with navdata v-1708. Aircraft with the FMS are current to v-1902. Now to find where that 1708 data is hiding. 

Phill Dant

Thanks for that. I have already double checked that data and my 1902 data is there. The gns says Aviation Database Exp 07/nil/2018. 

It seems like it is hard coded in someplace. None my aircraft that use the 430 or 530 get updated. 

Phill Dant

32 minutes ago, prdant said:

None my aircraft that use the 430 or 530 get updated. 

If I  recall, at some point Garmin modified the navdata format for the GTN and other current GPS models, but not the non-current GNS series. So my understanding is that the GNS series cannot use the newer GTN format database.  The essence of the issue is that Garmin has not updated the GNS Trainer, and the trainer is the basis of our simulators' gauges.  It has been discussed a from time to time in the Reality XP support area here on Avsim.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

IF you are referring to the default Xplane gtn 430/530, it has nothing to do with Garmin navdata. Xplane has it's own dedicated data.

5 hours ago, prdant said:

I have a navigraph subscription and have successfully updated to the latest cycle.

59 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

IF you are referring to the default Xplane gtn 430/530, it has nothing to do with Garmin navdata. Xplane has it's own dedicated data. 

Then why would he be subscribing to another service in the first place, and why is the age of the 430/530 data the same or about the same as it is for GNSs from other sources?

Frank Patton
ASUS 

So if I understand you. If we use any payware aircraft like the 1900, Saab 340 or the airfoil 172 we can’t use the garmin?

Phill Dant

3 minutes ago, prdant said:

So if I understand you. If we use any payware aircraft like the 1900, Saab 340 or the airfoil 172 we can’t use the garmin?

Hold on.  Are you meaning the default laminar GNS 530/430?  Or the payware reality XP GNS units?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Phill Dant

I am talking about third party aircraft that have either the 430/530. I have had a Navigraph subscription for years and the data has always been under one big umbrella of products that used to update just fine. 

Phill Dant