Sign in to follow this  
bob5568p

cool GA flight

P3d and no doubt fsx also...

Check out the ne corner of Washington State, for some awesome ga vfr flying.  In specific, try flying Colville (63S) to Ferry co airport (R49).  There are nearly no radio aids. Its mountainous wilderness, so having a good sectional, and following what few roads exist, is the surest way.  Just flew it in a 172 and had a ton of fun.

3 hours ago, bob5568p said:

P3d and no doubt fsx also...

Check out the ne corner of Washington State, for some awesome ga vfr flying.  In specific, try flying Colville (63S) to Ferry co airport (R49).  There are nearly no radio aids. Its mountainous wilderness, so having a good sectional, and following what few roads exist, is the surest way.  Just flew it in a 172 and had a ton of fun.

Another great area to fly in is the North Cascades National Park to the N/NW of Seattle and south of Kamloops BC.  I drove thru there with my school choir on our Canadian tour from Napa to BC and Alberta and back in our rented bus in '72.  The Canadian people were so kind to us and would give us money when we stayed in their homes where they would host us after our church concerts.  I ended up coming home with more money than my parents gave me for the trip.  I stayed on a farm in Edson Alberta and at eleven at night in June it was broad daylight out.  So cool!

John

• Like 1

That reminds me of a story John.

About 20 years or so ago my wife and I drove across Canada from Toronto to Edmonton.  We spent a good two weeks in Canada.  It was a great trip and the Canadians were so nice to us.

In Thunder Bay we were walking along the dock and stopped by a ship and I told the guy on deck my father had worked on such a ship in Lake Michigan.  He invited us aboard the ship to look around.  Our guide couldn't finish a sentence without saying 'eh'.

When we got back home I had about 20 dollars Canadian left in my wallet and the fee at the bank to exchange them into American money was so high I had a better idea.  I offered to send it to my friend in Edmonton but he didn't want it.  So I asked him to look in the phone book and give me an address at random.  II put the money in an envelope with no note or explanation and mailed it to them with no return address on the envelope.  They would have known where it was from by the postmark.

I'll bet they are still wondering who they ever knew in Roswell New Mexico.

Maybe they thought space aliens sent it to them.

Noel

Edited by birdguy

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.