Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Latest Xplane11 beta seems to have improved performance

From reading the bug fixes it looked like they improved performance related to AI.  I took a nice flight after installing the 11.32R2 beta and I found smoothness has improved where I used to from time to time get minor stutters with AI in the vicinity, now that is gone.  I flew my usual beta test route, from SFO to Reno over my photoreal Ortho scenery.  It has a variety of scenery and some freeware airport features, like the SFO freeware scenery which is excellent if one has not already installed it.  I have several freeware airports from Socal, Nocal and Arizona and Albuquerque.

John

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, soaring_penguin said:

As Ben himself said, any perceived improvement one sees is due to the placebo effect in this round of beta. 

Fuuny isnt it 40 to 50 with Ai wouldnt consider it a placebo, it is an improvement, it is a measured improvement..

That entirely depends on the fps you were getting in the same configuration, without weather, at the same time of the day, in the same place with the same aircraft, same plugins, same texture replacements, same shaders etc etc etc. If you can provide with certainty such a thing, then we can believe there was an improvement. Otherwise it is a placebo like Ben said 🙂

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Well, what does Ben Supnik know about X-Plane? Nothing, obviously.

I have sprinkled the ashes of some deer-droppings I burnt in our stove (don´t tell my wife!!) over my GPU and this has in fact DOUBLED my framerate (with 11.32r2). So there.

Jan

• Like 2

I don't know if fps went up or down with this release (I don't watch them anymore, I only care about smoothness) , but it does indeed seems smoother, and no Janov, I did not sprinkle any burnt deer-droppings on my gpu.

Edited by CarlosF

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I continued some random flights today and I can just say performance is improved, it seems to be because of the AI fix they put in for the release, I use to get a long pause at times when some AI came into my vicinity, not anymore, and they referenced an AI issue in their changelog.  I was pleased with my flights today, so pleased I added west Texas and all of NM to my growing Ortho scenery stable.

John

12 hours ago, france89 said:

That entirely depends on the fps you were getting in the same configuration, without weather, at the same time of the day, in the same place with the same aircraft, same plugins, same texture replacements, same shaders etc etc etc. If you can provide with certainty such a thing, then we can believe there was an improvement. Otherwise it is a placebo like Ben said 🙂

The airport I use the weather never changes, its a bug in the weather, so yes it is a performance increase and probably due to ai bug being fixed.

Curious - where did you guys see the info about AI getting fixed? Austin posted something, but this wasn´t included in the release notes and I am not sure is even in 11.32?

Cheers, Jan

51 minutes ago, Janov said:

Curious - where did you guys see the info about AI getting fixed? Austin posted something, but this wasn´t included in the release notes and I am not sure is even in 11.32?

Cheers, Jan

https://www.x-plane.com/kb/x-plane-11-32-release-notes/

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

The flight model shared a parameter  (wing inside or outside the fuselage) between all AI planes and the own plane, causing a jitter in the flight model. I doubt this could result in better frames. I read this in a recent post on laminar's Facebook page btw. 

Yes, the "jitter bug" should not have any effect on framerate...I think.

And the facebook "AI vehicle bug" wasn´t incorporated into 11.32.

At any rate - I guess if users "see" a flightmodel improvement, all the better 😉.

Cheers, Jan

• Like 2

3j-FPS-Wizard showed 160 FPS yesterday, flying the default C172 in a barebone XP 11.32 installation. And I only have a GTX1060. Must have been a bug in the script, but I found it funny nonetheless. 😁

Edited by Bjoern

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

11.30 and 11.30R2 are giving me CTD that I never had before. I'm also getting lots of freezing for 5 seconds or more during flight. The crashing is not providing me the option of reporting the crash to Laminar like you usually get. I've even had to restart my PC it froze so bad two days ago. Funnily enough, whilst it is working, I get considerably higher FPS than before. I have a 6700K, 32gb ram and a 1080 gtx. I hope they fix it.

11.32RC2 is very stable and smooth in my setup. I wouldn't say there is a fps improvement over 11.26 though. But it feels smooth and also the fps fluctuations down to 20 fps occur much less in similar situations. I kept the 11.26 installation as a backup, but I doubt that I will ever need to downgrade as the current 11.32 has great shaders and all my plugins work (X-Camera, Greater Pushback, XPRealistic, Multi-Crew Exerience, ASXP, VMI-Twick).

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR