Sign in to follow this  
trigger2010

sending the dlink to fmc 747

am having trouble sending the dlink to the fmc i have watching the video that you made of and followed the step by step i get the dlink active i go to the fmc and it says send request i send it and now i get the two aircraft on the list which none of them are high lighted as seen on the pic any ideas on a fix for this please thanks 
martin

Hi,

You will have to more specific there.
Which video are you referring to?

What exactly doesn't work?

I cannot also figure out what are the aircrafts you are talking about with the Dlink? 

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

am trying to add a pic but not sure how to do it but the d link is active and i go to the fmc and i got 2 aircraft on there the 747 and genic none  of them are highlighted so i can't light on it to send 

11 minutes ago, trigger2010 said:

the dlink active i go to the fmc and it says send request i send it and now i get the two aircraft on the list which none of them are high lighted as seen on the pic any ideas on a fix for this please thanks 

Sorry must be me, but I still don't understand what "aircrafts" has to do with the Dlink.
I don't see any list of aircraft, nor any highlighted aircraft.

Edited by Budbud

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

For starters, it's a PMDG rule of theirs, that you have to include your full name in the signature, or for your own sakes. your post could get deleted by them. Romain has not mentioned this out of courtesy to you.

hi bud bud 

on the video it says to enter the info on fmc then go to dlink and input 3 details in there then the dlink active then go to the fmc and  then send request to get the route 

vc10 you saying i got to add my full name on every post i post on here 

8 minutes ago, trigger2010 said:

vc10 you saying i got to add my full name on every post i post on here 

Yes as per forum rules. You can set a signature block to avoid typing it everytime.

9 minutes ago, trigger2010 said:

on the video it says to enter the info on fmc then go to dlink and input 3 details in there then the dlink active then go to the fmc and  then send request to get the route 

You go to route page1, enter origin and destination airports and Flight number (callsign one with 3 letter ICAO code), then go to the Datalink page, enter the ETD, airline ID (2 letters) and ETA.

Now what is your issue?

What doesn't work?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

ok thanks think i have added the signature hopefully working 

i believe i have  found the issue i   saw a video where they was saying you dont need to add a rte via a simbrief as it sets it up for you which is wrong you still need to run a rte and place into the 747 folder 

so theres a misleading video out there not this one but another one found on youtube 

thanks 

case closed 

martin hayes griffin 

Hi Martin

Romain has fully answered your problem because I too fly the PMDG 747-400 and the 747-8i, and for the DLink to work, what Romain has written, is spot-on. Should in theory work time after time.

What I do is generate the flight plan via PFPX, then set the export folders up, and when I have got the bing-bong back form ACARS, then go ahead with the Route Request, and if all is well, should be in the 747 LSK. Rest should then proceed smoothly.

Hope this helps further.

Edited by vc10man