Sign in to follow this  
ruetterf

Carenado Phenom 300 for P3D and G1000

Hi, I am new in this Forum. The reason for this post is, that I have Problems to create a flightplan with the G1000. Especially to use Airways. When I fill in the first Airway with entry and exit everything works properly. After the exit of the first Airway, I have to do a direct to a to waypoint. After that a new Airway starts. If I open up the Airway Menue to typ in the new Airway, the Data of the first Airway will show up. I can't fill in any new Data of this Airway. What goes wrong? Is there anybody with the same Problem?

With best regards

Frank

I have the same plane as you. In my experience, the G1000 doesn't work the same way from session to session. Sometimes I can beat it into submission, and sometimes it won't work for anything. The general consensus is that Carenado makes very pretty airplanes with very bad systems modeling.

The best I can advise, if you haven't already done so, is don't do what I did - don't get the Navigraph extension. Without that extension, you can at least do a flight plan and then load it into the G1000 so that you don't have to manually enter anything. The Navigraph extension breaks that functionality (Carenado is aware, and is uninterested in fixing it). Of course, that's only an option if you keep your p3d airport database stock and don't update it.

I have several of their planes, but as I've grown more and more interested in accurate systems, I quit sending money their way. They just don't have the chops to make an accurate, or even an inaccurate but functional, instrument panel, and they don't seem interested in improving matters either.

Edited by eslader

I've had the same experience as eslader. Loading flight plans is "hit or miss" between flights with the G1000 Phenom. Tried different ways to load the aircraft (direct from menu and from default) but never found a pattern to flight plan anomalies with the Carenado G1000.

I kick myself for getting the additional SVS option (as well as the Navigraph extension to keep Navaids current).

While I like the modeling of the Phenom, the flight plan issues have made it frustrating to get off the ground at times...at a high frequency of failure.

As eslader indirectly states, there are other options for GA jets. I've bought several of the Carenado aircraft...for me personally, the only one still worth flying is the S550 with the GTN750. Again, in my opinion, the Xtreme Prototype L25 and the FlySimWare L35 and F50 are much more enjoyable.

• Upvote 1

The only way you will be able to "fully enjoy" the Phenom 300 is to install the GTN 750 mod (if you already have the Flight1 GTN 750) made available by Bert Pieke. That is the only reason why I purchased this Carenado aircraft.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for your responds,

that sounds not good. I've bought the Navi Extension for the Phenom 300 😊. I agree with the statement, that the S550 with the GTN750 ist the best solution.

Thankes for all.

With best regards

Frank

Edited by ruetterf

9 hours ago, ruetterf said:

Thanks for your responds,

that sounds not good. I've bought the Navi Extension for the Phenom 300 😊. I agree with the statement, that the S550 with the GTN750 ist the best solution.

Thankes for all.

With best regards

Frank

The S550 is actually a different aircraft.. :unsure:

Did you mean the EMB505?

Bert

Hello Bert et al,

I just bought the Phenom 300 yesterday and on my system, which is very capable of handling PMDG 737/777, the Phenom 300 struggles big time.   At one point people could turn the copilot PFD off and free up some resources but it appears that option is not possible thru the original mechanism which was to turn it off just under the upper left mounting screw from what I've read.  I hand flew it the other day and boy I'd like to make it work because as it is now it's just too hard on performance over modest scenery.   What does the GTN750 do for performance and other aspects of flyability?

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

2 hours ago, Noel said:

Hello Bert et al,

I just bought the Phenom 300 yesterday and on my system, which is very capable of handling PMDG 737/777, the Phenom 300 struggles big time.   At one point people could turn the copilot PFD off and free up some resources but it appears that option is not possible thru the original mechanism which was to turn it off just under the upper left mounting screw from what I've read.  I hand flew it the other day and boy I'd like to make it work because as it is now it's just too hard on performance over modest scenery.   What does the GTN750 do for performance and other aspects of flyability?

It totally transforms the plane.. the Carenado G1000 is buggy and a performance hog..

The (F1 or RXP) GTN750 is way easier on your system and way nicer to use..

No comparison.

Bert

Thank you Bert.  Not to keen on buying the Phenom for $39 and now needing a $65 addon to make it work!  Geez!

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

2 hours ago, Noel said:

Thank you Bert.  Not to keen on buying the Phenom for $39 and now needing a $65 addon to make it work!  Geez!

The $65 would be an avionics investment that could be used in many of your GA aircraft..  The Phenom is just an aftermarket panel modification..

Look at the Alabeo C421 or any of the a2a or Milviz aircraft for native GTN integration.

Bert

So if I purchased it what is required to get it to incorporate into the Phenom's panel?  

Because I don't dabble in any aircraft beyond my two PMDG birds and the Majestic Q400 (I used FSCaptain with them) so really don't think I have much need for extra investments in avionics per se.  I did like what I saw in the Phenom but not sure if over $100 is worth it.  I may just wait until a serious upgrade in PC power comes which might offset how it's performing now, which isn't horrid by any stretch it's just not sufficient.  Because of how my PC is configured I have perfectly buttery smooth performance until the main core approaches 100% utilization and I'm seeing performance in the 90-100% in relatively mild northern California Orbx scenery in rural areas so while frame rate is upper 20's to 30 (locked at 30 via refresh).  Since I'm using a SB-E 3930K at 4.42Ghz do you think it's possible a new 9700K/9900K might make it fly adequately?  Near as I can tell single-core performance on a new CPU might be around 44% better which could well be sufficient though it won't fix the bugs--is the latest Phenom release still buggy?  I'm waiting for the old box to die outright and it isn't so far despite almost 6y of zillions of flying hours at this overclock. 

Edited by Noel

Noel

Hi Noel.

I am not familiar with the SB-E3930K. I have an Intel i3 with an Nvidia GTX660 on my desktop pc and it runs the 300 quite well. It can take a few moments to load it in but after that it is okay. I run with unlimited frames, having tried locking them at 30, half the refresh rate etc...I did get the GTN750 mod from Bert and it works well but have gone back to the G1000 because, on my system, it also works well. I know that some people hate it and find it buggy but as I have replied previously, I think that it is very much system dependant. Bert has helped me with some coding issues for the checklists and I have found a way to change the static MFD startup graphic to reflect the latest airac numbers. So, horses for courses, as far as I am concerned. I am not a numbers person, so I cannot help you with the facts and figures but it works well on my rig.

Regards...Ken.

58 minutes ago, kenny584 said:

Hi Noel.

I am not familiar with the SB-E3930K. I have an Intel i3 with an Nvidia GTX660 on my desktop pc and it runs the 300 quite well. It can take a few moments to load it in but after that it is okay. I run with unlimited frames, having tried locking them at 30, half the refresh rate etc...I did get the GTN750 mod from Bert and it works well but have gone back to the G1000 because, on my system, it also works well. I know that some people hate it and find it buggy but as I have replied previously, I think that it is very much system dependant. Bert has helped me with some coding issues for the checklists and I have found a way to change the static MFD startup graphic to reflect the latest airac numbers. So, horses for courses, as far as I am concerned. I am not a numbers person, so I cannot help you with the facts and figures but it works well on my rig.

Regards...Ken.

Thanks Ken.  I'm very accustomed to perfectly smooth flight but when main thread bumps up close to 100% that is the end of smooth flight.  With the 300 I did find it was quite close to 100% often and that was on ORBX FTX Nor California scenery but away from any large terminals, so this plane is far harder on performance than either of the PMDG birds I use often.  My CPU is Sandy Bridge E type (hexacore, no transistors dedicated for GPU) and it is as I say about 40% worse in single thread performance than the current leaders.  What model is your i3, and at what clockspeed is it running?

Noel