Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

The Falcon 50 V1.8 Beta Available

The Falcon 50 V1.8 Beta is just about to be released. Here is a cool new feature.

Image may contain: airplane, sky and outdoor
Image may contain: cloud, sky, airplane and outdoor
No photo description available.
Image may contain: outdoor
Image may contain: night and airplane

The Falcon 50 V1.8 Beta is available at our store only.

Flysimware Falcon 50 Update
VERSION 1.8 BETA UPDATES: 3/1/2019

New Features:

New visual Fuel truck for changing fuel payloads.

New gear sound with wind, new wind sound, new wheel whine sound and flaps handle sound.

Tires are increased in polys to make the roundness smoother.

Bugs & updates:

Improved glareshield lighting.

Tooltip for the vertical speed hold fixed for fsx.

The Hobart sound fixed.

Both HSI ADF/VOR needle updated. See the new updated user manual page 10 section 9 for detailed info.

Edited by Flysimware
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Will there be any new improvements for the flashing and artifacts for us poor 32 bitters?

• Upvote 1

YES!! I was hoping for features like this. would be neat if it had a refueling panel like the old crs 747 where its real time fueling and you can operate the precheck valves ect. Just another Idea, as silly as it seems, Any chance the baggage door will ever open? you guys are constantly making this product better and better by the week. 

Will this version include the new sound updates as well?

Edited by chevelle505

1 hour ago, chevelle505 said:

Any chance the baggage door will ever open?

+1

Sorry, I've never updated before.  Does this require an uninstall and full reinstall?

Thanks.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

12 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Sorry, I've never updated before.  Does this require an uninstall and full reinstall?

Thanks.

Some say uninstalling is not required, but in my experience that is the safest way to go. Uninstalling using Program and Features in the Win Control Panel only takes a minute, after which it is good to check the install location to make sure nothing was 'left behind' and needs to be deleted. On the other hand, you can try just installing the update and then only if necessary, do an uninstall and clean reinstall. It's just that sometimes not uninstalling first can lead to some subtle problems. And yes, whether you uninstall first or not, a full reinstall (running the new downloaded installer exe file ) is always required.

Al

Edited by ark

Roger.  Thanks!

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

That's likely a stupid question, but where can I get the beta 1.8? I downloaded the Falcon again from the Flysimware store,  but I couldn't see any fuel truck option.

Thanks,

Peter

1 hour ago, qqwertzde said:

That's likely a stupid question, but where can I get the beta 1.8? I downloaded the Falcon again from the Flysimware store,  but I couldn't see any fuel truck option.

Thanks,

Peter

Make sure the Falcon parking brake is on and then go to the Payload Manager popup. Click on the Fuel Truck box (at nose of the a/c) and the fuel truck should appear in the box. Once the fuel truck appears you can then click on the desired fuel amount (light, medium, heavy). Make sure you also look outside during the fueling, but no smoking near the truck!  🙂

Al

Edited by ark
  • Upvote 1

Just downloaded this version and noticed 2 possible glitches. 

I'm sure the tooltip in the trim wheel used to say airspeed or vertical speed whichever climb mode is selected?  Now just vertical speed. 

The N1 guages seem to be sticking?  If I throttle back from climb speed the throttles move but the 3 guages stick. If I press a key (like B) they wake up and move. 

Great aircraft Mark - raw power!

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

51 minutes ago, Dean33 said:

Just downloaded this version and noticed 2 possible glitches. 

I'm sure the tooltip in the trim wheel used to say airspeed or vertical speed whichever climb mode is selected?  Now just vertical speed. 

The N1 guages seem to be sticking?  If I throttle back from climb speed the throttles move but the 3 guages stick. If I press a key (like B) they wake up and move. 

Great aircraft Mark - raw power!

Hi Dean33,

The pitch trim wheel is just for adjusting vertical speed.

Your N1 problem is strange.  It almost sounds like the sim is losing focus or entering some kind of a pause state for some reason and so doesn't immediately respond when you pull back the throttles.

Sitting on the ground I can set N1 up to 100% and when I throttle back the N1 gauges follow as expected. If you are not seeing this I would suggest first that you try making the F-35 the default a/c (what first appears in the rotating window when you start the sim), and then switch to the Falcon. This has helped a few folks with odd problems (assuming P3Dv4.4). If your problem persists, I would try uninstalling the Falcon, then make sure no files are left over in the install location, and then do a clean reinstall.

Al

Edited by ark

1 hour ago, Dean33 said:

Yes, N1 sticking when trying to decrease the throttle. It takes  a large movement before N1 responds.

Also, IMO, the new wheel sounds do not add anything to what was already in the Falcon. I find the sound rather annoying. I'll try running it thru Audacity to lessen its bite.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

22 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

Yes, N1 sticking when trying to decrease the throttle. It takes  a large movement before N1 responds.

Also, IMO, the new wheel sounds do not add anything to what was already in the Falcon. I find the sound rather annoying. I'll try running it thru Audacity to lessen its bite.

We increased the top end range so that the N1 can be more precisely set. We got feedback from many customers who had issues where the throttle setting was too sensitive and the aircraft would not maintain speed. Because a small movement caused the N2 to jump in large increments. Now you should be able to adjust .5 percent per movement. This has already had excellent feedback. 

The wheel whine is spot on for the Falcon 50. Very loud and is almost the only thing you can hear during takeoff. Even at low speeds this sound from the real A/C was extremely intense.

Edited by Flysimware