Sign in to follow this  
Flysimware

The Falcon 50 V1.8 Beta Available

I suspect in the real aircraft like this video shows the flaps are deployed and checked after engine start, so yes very unlikely one would hear them in the cockpit as already stated. So probably best to leave it to the experts and go with what Mark has now.

Edited by MartinRex007

9 minutes ago, MartinRex007 said:

I suspect in the real aircraft like this video shows the flaps are deployed and checked after engine start, so yes very unlikely one would hear them. So probably best to leave it to the experts and go with what Mark has now.

In the video above I couldn't hear any flap sound when they raised the flaps after takeoff.

Al

Correct, no flap sounds as Joe and Jim mentioned for either deployed or retracted, so I'll change my vote to RW silence for the flaps :blink:

Martin

• Like 1

FWIW, you can't really hear the flap motor from the cockpit in MOST aircraft. I fly Diamonds IRL and the flaps are completely inaudible in flight or even when sitting on the ground with the engine running...and this is an airplane where you're sitting just in front of the wing (granted, I also have an ANR headset which is probably screening out what little sound there might otherwise be). You can definitely FEEL the flaps deploy, though. 🙂

Now, in a jet, sitting 10 meters ahead of the wing surrounded by avionics fans and cooling equipment, and with a fair amount of air hitting the windscreen...

Edited by jws527

On 3/1/2019 at 9:51 AM, chevelle505 said:

Any chance the baggage door will ever open?

On 3/1/2019 at 11:34 AM, qqwertzde said:

+1

My understanding is there are no Falcon 50 baggage door mods planned at this time. There are just to many higher priority, time consuming projects that need attention and as most know, FSW is basically a one man operation.

Al

Hi

Beta 1.8 in P3Dv3

I forgot to switch off the taxi light today and in spot view I can still see his light even with landing gear retracted 😃

I guess it is a bug

Pascal

si.php?id=1

Well, the RMI whatever VOR or ADF does not work anymore 

Pascal

si.php?id=1

3 hours ago, Cool said:

Well, the RMI whatever VOR or ADF does not work anymore 

Pascal

Well, if you are talking about the red RMI pointer on the HSI,  it works for me. Don't forget that in VLOC mode,  Nav2/ADF2 drives the pilot's red pointer and Nav1/ADF1 drives the co-pilot's red pointer. In GPS mode, both pointers will point to the next GPS waypoint.

Al

Edited by ark

7 hours ago, ark said:

Well, if you are talking about the red RMI pointer on the HSI,  it works for me. Don't forget that in VLOC mode,  Nav2/ADF2 drives the pilot's red pointer and Nav1/ADF1 drives the co-pilot's red pointer. In GPS mode, both pointers will point to the next GPS waypoint.

Al

Hi Al

Nop, I am talking about the RMI gauge where you cans get the angle toward VOR/ADF1 and VOR2/ ADF2

si.php?id=1

1 hour ago, Cool said:

Hi Al

Nop, I am talking about the RMI gauge where you cans get the angle toward VOR/ADF1 and VOR2/ ADF2

Pascal,

I can't think of what might be causing your problem. Both RMI gauges work for me -- tested both the VOR and ADF functions in P3D4.4.  Are you saying both the VOR and ADF RMI functions don't work at all? Note if you are in GPS mode needle one (yellow) if set to VOR points to the next GPS waypoint if you have a flight plan loaded, and parks if there is no flight plan.  Also, a VOR needle will not point to a LOC signal source.

Al

Yes it even gets better!

We put some well thought time into the new payload manager. Added some quick instructions on the popup. You can now adjust weight for passengers in small increments 25 pounds and a max of 300. Luggage is increments of 100 and a max of 1000.

Fuel in the real aircraft is broken into 2 types of fuel categories. LO LEVEL and HI LEVEL.

HI LEVEL is wings tanks maxed and feeder tanks maxed.
LO LEVEL is partial wing quantity to max wing quantity, side feeders at the LO LEVEL 600 pounds and center feeder at an intermediate level 1,750 pounds. Feeders will reveive fuel from the wing tanks at 600 pounds. So the center will not receive until 600 pounds.

Now you can adjust the wing tanks in 100 or 1000 pound increments after pressing any LO LEVEL quick setting. You should not adjust the wing tanks after using the HI LEVEL as this is only a 2000 pound difference from LO LEVEL to maintain a safe CG configuration.

Also you need parking brakes on and to have the fuel truck hooked up to the pressure fuel line for these fuel modes to work.

54202396_10156799138490731_6944879224763

Edited by Flysimware
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ark said:

Are you saying both the VOR and ADF RMI functions don't work at all?

Yes they do not work at all. Tested on different VOR and NDB

1 hour ago, ark said:

Note if you are in GPS mode needle one (yellow) if set to VOR points to the next GPS waypoint if you have a flight plan loaded, and parks if there is no flight plan.  

I am in P3Dv3. When it worked, even in GPS mode they still indicated their respective radio source with no link to any GPS waypoint. Which is normal way of working I guess.

1 hour ago, ark said:

Also, a VOR needle will not point to a LOC signal source.

Yes I noticed that!

Anyway I will do some more tests this evening

Thanks Al

Edited by Cool

si.php?id=1

16 minutes ago, Cool said:

Yes they do not work at all. Tested on different VOR and NDB

I am in P3Dv3. When it worked, even in GPS mode they still indicated their respective radio source with no link to any GPS waypoint. Which is normal way of working I guess.

Yes I noticed that!

Thanks Al

Tested 115.80 on nav 1 and nav 2 at KSFO. Both yellow and green RMI's point as they should. Near KSFO is a ADF 379.0 They both work after pressing the buttons on the RMI to ADF. And you must be in the air to see the ADF RMI's work. Sitting on the runway will not work. Go ahead and try these samples at this airport.

P3DV4.4

ADF and VOR will work in both VLOC and GPS mode.

Edited by Flysimware

7 minutes ago, Flysimware said:

Tested 115.80 on nav 1 and nav 2 at KSFO. Both yellow and green RMI's point as they should. Near KSFO is a ADF 379.0 They both work after pressing the buttons on the RMI to ADF. And you must be in the air to see the RMI's work. Sitting on the runway will not work. VOR will work on ground. Go ahead and try these samples at this airport.

P3DV4.4

ADF and VOR will work in both VLOC and GPS mode.

Thanks Mark, will do so the test at KSFO this evening.

Merci

Pascal

Edited by Flysimware

si.php?id=1