Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Flytampa Updates (Universal Installers)

I got a number of emails this morning from Simmarket about various updates.  P3D has a 'universal' installer.  Has anyone updated?

Yes, I have and all works fine.

What does this Universal Installer? Check your installed FT sceneries and update them?

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

You have to first uninstall previous FTs, then run this latest. You will need your Serial Keys. Then the Configurator pops up at the end of the install. Q.E.D.

Should I wait until all my FT products are available with the new universal installer or does it make no difference?

BTW: why do we have to "update" at all? If the only thing changed is the installer, I do not see any reason why to "update". No fixes in those updates?

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

5 minutes ago, AnkH said:

why do we have to "update" at all? If the only thing changed is the installer, I do not see any reason why to "update". No fixes in those updates?

That's what I was thinking.   Although, I would be keen for them to release a new installer for EHAM to see if that fixes the elevation issue I have had since the 4.4 install

7 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Should I wait until all my FT products are available with the new universal installer or does it make no difference?

BTW: why do we have to "update" at all? If the only thing changed is the installer, I do not see any reason why to "update". No fixes in those updates?

Up to you, Chris. I got a notification early this morning for just Boston and Toronto, so that's all I have Updated. I have not bothered to check the 'Fix Log', etc as I had no time rushing off to work.

Why don't you mosey over to the FT Forum,see what they have said?

Edited by vc10man

Hi,

Works fine, except the installation folder is inside P3D. It would be better to be able to choose the installation directory.

Yves

Yves SAMUEL

ELLX

I will not be doing anything with my FlyTampa installation unless I know that it will enhance what I already have. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

According to the FT Forum:

"V2.0 (24 Feb 2019)
Implemented FlyTampa Universal Installer
Updated Airport Lighting, automatically activates in Fog
"

For the other products, such as Corfu (got an email from simmarket regarding Corfu as well), no information can be found in the FT forum...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

9 minutes ago, AnkH said:

"V2.0 (24 Feb 2019)
Implemented FlyTampa Universal Installer
Updated Airport Lighting, automatically activates in Fog
"

super

The update that I would like to see would be for clearance to land on runway 22L at Copenhagen when I have specifically programmed this in the FMC. Repeatedly being told by ATC that I am cleared to land on runway 22R is starting to get annoying.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

The update that I would like to see would be for clearance to land on runway 22L at Copenhagen when I have specifically programmed this in the FMC. Repeatedly being told by ATC that I am cleared to land on runway 22R is starting to get annoying.

Are you using canned spagetti ATC? 

I think that's a function of P3D ATC and not the scenery.