Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Flytampa Updates (Universal Installers)

6 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Are you using canned spagetti ATC? 

I think that's a function of P3D ATC and not the scenery.

Was about to ask Christopher that. Who in their right mind uses any of the default ATCs, be it FSX or P3D? Agree, how can a scenery vector a landing Rwy?

Edited by vc10man

14 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

The update that I would like to see would be for clearance to land on runway 22L at Copenhagen when I have specifically programmed this in the FMC. Repeatedly being told by ATC that I am cleared to land on runway 22R is starting to get annoying.

You sound like you purchased your first flight simulator just yesterday 🙂

It's the only airport that I have this issue with, but that's probably because I only ever fly around the UK and Ireland, and a total of four airports outside that area!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

21 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Was about to ask Christopher that. Who in their right mind uses any of the default ATCs, be it FSX or P3D? Agree, how can a scenery vector a landing Rwy?

Erm... I do, and quite happily so 🙂 Especially after running EditVoicePack to enhance the whole thing.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

30 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

You sound like you purchased your first flight simulator just yesterday 

I don't get this comment, Christopher is one of the most experienced flying simulator users you will find on these forums.

Regards,
Simbol

• Like 2

As much as I like Fly Tampa, their update policy is not always understandable for me. I did not get any email from FT neither did FT put some information about new "universal" installer at a visible place on their site. What does "universal" mean at all in this context? It is also quite difficult to find smaller patches on their site. Even regular updates are not easy to find always.

Anyway, I love FT products and will continue to purchase them. I just wish a bit better organization of their web site in regard of product updates.

Edited by Nemo
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

12 minutes ago, simbol said:

I don't get this comment, Christopher is one of the most experienced flying simulator users you will find on these forums.

Regards,
Simbol

It was a sarcasm 🙂 Asking about oddity of the default ATC is very common for FS new comers. 

Sorry if it was rude. It wasn't supposed to 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

Sorry if it was rude. It wasn't supposed to 

No worries, this is the problem with anything we write.. sometimes it is hard to catch the real meaning of things.

Thanks for your clarification.

Regards,
S.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

The update that I would like to see would be for clearance to land on runway 22L at Copenhagen when I have specifically programmed this in the FMC. Repeatedly being told by ATC that I am cleared to land on runway 22R is starting to get annoying.

Get yourself a free copy of Radar Contact 4. You can select your runway. I'll even chuck in a bit of free support. 😉

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

27 minutes ago, Nemo said:

I did not get any email from FT

You should get an email from wherever you bought FT airports

4 minutes ago, vc10man said:

You should get an email from wherever you bought FT airports

... and I bought it directly from FT.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

4 minutes ago, Nemo said:

... and I bought it directly from FT.

Me too. All those I won. Didn't get anything.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

19 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Get yourself a free copy of Radar Contact 4. You can select your runway. I'll even chuck in a bit of free support. 😉

Great offer, that Ray.

It's a belting addon, is RC4. I've used it for years. I still think it's the leader.

Back on topic, I'll take a look at FT's site and sort out what I need.

Stu, 

(Your Shrophshire neighbour!)

• Like 1

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

I have not had any emails from FlyTampa (I purchased them direct from the developer).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I have not had any emails from FlyTampa (I purchased them direct from the developer).

Same for me