Sign in to follow this  
Lokoko

AP Toggle Switch

Please help. I am enjoying X-Plane 11 but the Auto Pilot in the c172 does not have the “AP” button on the left hand side to turn it on and off. Although, in the X-Plane c172 POH it is there. What am I missing? Thank you.

Use the "S-TEC Autopilot Manual.pdf" in the default Cessna 172SP folder for autopilot functions. To turn it on, just select any of the buttons with the mouse or a programmed controller button.

To turn it off, you need to program one button on your joystick, yoke, or a keyboard key to "Disco servos, whichever side is active", which returns manual control. IIRC, the autopilot will also automatically disconnect if you operate the elevator manually in HDG and VS mode.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Paraffin,

Thank you for your reply and suggestions. I will try them today. Soaring_penguin, thank you for your reply.

Paraffin,

I assigned a button on the quadrant to “Disco servos whichever is active” and it worked. I can now turn off the AP. Many thanks for your help. Moving the elevators in “HDG” and “VS” modes did no work.

10 hours ago, Lokoko said:

Paraffin,

I assigned a button on the quadrant to “Disco servos whichever is active” and it worked. I can now turn off the AP. Many thanks for your help. Moving the elevators in “HDG” and “VS” modes did no work.

Not 'elevators' but rather 'elevator trim'.  This new 'more realistic' autopilot threw me at first too.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.