Sign in to follow this  
Shomron

Few questions

Hey there,

Few questions from a long time user - 

1. How do I cancel the auto-tune to ATIS? I find RC ATIS really off (I use Active Sky ATIS which is far more accurate)
  2. On the same subject - how do I reduce the chance of being vectored to the opposite runway of landing AI traffic? I find myself being vectored 50% of the times into the wrong direction. I use Ultimate Traffic Live.
  3. And last question - for some reason sometimes RC does not stop aircraft from taxing into my runway when I am cleared to takeoff or land. What could be the issue? I am a long time user and I believe this started happening only in P3D or Ultimate Traffic Live.

Thanks!

Shom

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

Shom,

RC reads the weather injected into P3D by your weather program. They should match. Make sure you launch AS well before RC4 to give things a chance to settle down.

ATIS will play as soon as the frequency is dialled in. Turn off default ATC.

At 40nm out you are told to contact Approach. You can go with vectors or you can choose to fly the approach yourself. Try that. The problem tends to happen with light winds when northerly runways will always be preferred by P3D / FSX. That's an underlying problem never fixed.

Search for AiFreezer.lua and place it in your P3D\Modules folder. I've found it stops the problem of Ai taxiing onto the active. Ai don't have much intelligence.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Shom,

RC reads the weather injected into P3D by your weather program. They should match. Make sure you launch AS well before RC4 to give things a chance to settle down.

ATIS will play as soon as the frequency is dialled in. Turn off default ATC.

At 40nm out you are told to contact Approach. You can go with vectors or you can choose to fly the approach yourself. Try that. The problem tends to happen with light winds when northerly runways will always be preferred by P3D / FSX. That's an underlying problem never fixed.

Search for AiFreezer.lua and place it in your P3D\Modules folder. I've found it stops the problem of Ai taxiing onto the active. Ai don't have much intelligence.

Thanks Ray but many times the ATIS is way off where I would get clear weather and once arriving to the destination airport after 50 miles it was all overcast, you can validate this against real world ATIS. Unless I am doing something wrong.

Regarding the automatic ATIS - I am referring to the automatic tune the copilot does 50NM out (RC feature). Is there a way to turn this off?

I'll try the module thanks!!

Shom

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

1 hour ago, Shomron said:

Thanks Ray but many times the ATIS is way off where I would get clear weather and once arriving to the destination airport after 50 miles it was all overcast, you can validate this against real world ATIS. Unless I am doing something wrong.

Regarding the automatic ATIS - I am referring to the automatic tune the copilot does 50NM out (RC feature). Is there a way to turn this off?

I'll try the module thanks!!

Shom

Without more info it's not going to be possible to check. How often is Wx updated? 15mins? I don't see big changes like you describe. Check your AS settings.

Are you starting RC4 before Active Sky? If so, don't. AS first, then switch to departure airport. Change time by a minute or so to cause Ai to react to the wx AS is injecting. Then start RC4.

You can't turn off the automatic ATIS request unless you have comms. It then becomes an option on the menu at the relevant point in your flight.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather