Sign in to follow this  
SunDevil56

Taxi2Gate FSX scenery's in P3D v4.4

So I know some people have had success using Taxi2Gate FSX KMCO in P3D v4.4, I installed it today, and it works fine as far as I can tell.

I was wondering if any other Taxi2Gate FSX scenery's are known to be working in v4.4...?? More specifically, i'm interested in KSTL St. Louis, does anyone know if this one is working in P3D v4.4..??

Any info appreciated, thanks.

2 minutes ago, DaveS said:

I use it in v4.4 no issues. I do not use any orbx products though. I use megascenery or ground environment x. Also, not sure if it's an issue for you, but it only contains static jetways

Thanks for the info Dave, the lack of functioning jetways in payware scenery is kind of a deal breaker for me. I appreciate you bringing it to my attention

1 hour ago, DaveS said:

contains static jetways

I have got T2G's OTHH ( originally bought for FSX) and I have just had the jetway operated via GSX SODE no problem

Edited by vc10man

1 hour ago, DaveS said:

I use it in v4.4 no issues. I do not use any orbx products though. I use megascenery or ground environment x. Also, not sure if it's an issue for you, but it only contains static jetways

Dave did you get the taxiway lights to work at night?

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

Funny you should start this topic as I just today installed a bunch of older Taxi2Gate sceneries:

- MMMX: works surprisingly well, but I found objects aorund Mexico City to be black. Luckily found a thread somewhere with instructions on how to get that working, and then the guys over at simmershome have a patch to make the lights work at night

- MUHA and MUCU: No objects at all. I wil ltry to convert these manually using ModelConverter X, so stay tuned on that... I know other people have tried and succeeded, so no reason I can't do it myself too.

- OTHH: Works well for me, but this was already made compatible with earlier versions of P3D by T2G themselves.

- MHTG: Works well for me. 

- VHHH: Works well for me, though it's in need of a significant update...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

1 hour ago, Benjamin J said:

MMMX: works surprisingly well, but I found objects aorund Mexico City to be black. Luckily found a thread somewhere with instructions on how to get that working, and then the guys over at simmershome have a patch to make the lights work at night

Might need to ask for your help on this one, Benjamin. Have it. Last time I tried installing it in P3Dv4.3, it showed up white tracts of texture on certain parts of the runway and same blackness as you state. Is that thread here,in Avsim?

18 hours ago, vc10man said:

Might need to ask for your help on this one, Benjamin. Have it. Last time I tried installing it in P3Dv4.3, it showed up white tracts of texture on certain parts of the runway and same blackness as you state. Is that thread here,in Avsim?

No problem Rick, it's in another Avsim thread: 

This is the link to the files, courtesy of Pete (a.k.a. tooting): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JwuIJxsJoYZuXjumx-6jKkoGylptB4Zk/view

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Thanks a bunch, Benjamin. Much appreciated. Will follow and do right now.

Now I know why I requested your kind help, Benjamin. Links to this and to that are well and good but it means having to sift through every post to get to the bottom of the solution, aka, sifting a whole bag of flour to get to that token at the bottom.

Nevertheless, I soldiered on and downloaded tooting's 2 files, Effect+Texture .Placed the contents old Effects into P3D root folder; likewise with Texture. Was that correct.

Now, I am not sure how to tackle the runway lights.

EDIT After re-start to P3D. Don't what is going on here with this T2G MMMX nightmare. I still have layer of like dense while mist all over the airport viewed from the gate. Not sure if it's that black texture issue or what. I'm out of my depth here.

If you can help, Benjamin, I'd be grateful.

Edited by vc10man

Could you post a picture of the white mist you describe? I don't see anything like it... Keep in mind that MMMX is at ~7000ft, so you might just be seeing clouds. Try setting the weather to 'clear skies' and see if the mist is still there?

As for the runway light,s you'll need to go over to simmershome.de and download the T2G patches that are over there: https://simmershome.de/native-p3dv2-light-patches/

Applying that gives me all the lights. MMMX looks and works very well for me after installing both the patch by tooting and the one form simmershome.

Benjamin van Soldt

Are you guys not having an issue where the taxiway blue edge lights don't work properly? (They're there but cast awful-looking enormous square blotches of blue light.)

Otherwise MMMX works fine, especially during the day. But at night the blue taxiway lighting really kills the immersion factor.

James

13 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

Could you post a picture of the white mist you describe? I don't see anything like it... Keep in mind that MMMX is at ~7000ft, so you might just be seeing clouds. Try setting the weather to 'clear skies' and see if the mist is still there?

As for the runway light,s you'll need to go over to simmershome.de and download the T2G patches that are over there: https://simmershome.de/native-p3dv2-light-patches/

Applying that gives me all the lights. MMMX looks and works very well for me after installing both the patch by tooting and the one form simmershome.

Hello Benjamin. I wish I could. I no longer have an image hosting website I used to use say 3 years ago. If I can describe what I see as best as I can.

If panning from say the Gate looking towards say the runway or the landscape beyond, no matter which way I pan, there is a clear kind of black texture that sits under that misty white texture. Surely, logic states, if there is natural mist, that black texture would not all of a sudden lift that mist. Best I can describe without an image hoster, unless I can email you via a PM, then I can attach images.

Thanks for that simmershome link. Will give it a try. And thanks again for your kind assistance.

Just tried that simmershome link. Everything is in German despite selecting English top right.

Okay, managed to find the MMMX Light Patch Pack T2G but there is no download link other that Support Forum, which, surprise, surprise, is all in German. It may as well be in Greek for all that good it does! Cannot even find a login place in English. That's one of the reasons, despite being a member there, I do not visit it