Sign in to follow this  
Novej757

Out of The Ashes: The New Black Phoenix Phenom 100E GTN-750 Mod

13 minutes ago, Fearless said:

Awesome.. 🙂  How close r u to releasing it? PM with email sent the other day 🙂

Yup I got your PM (and everyone else who sent there's in)..........I've started packaging it up.  Unlike the CJ2 mod I'll be testing out the production version before release.  When you see the weather radar tutorial and possibly a video of the bird here in this thread.....You'll know we're close.

• Upvote 1

Jevon 

3 hours ago, Novej757 said:

Yup I got your PM (and everyone else who sent there's in)..........I've started packaging it up.  Unlike the CJ2 mod I'll be testing out the production version before release.  When you see the weather radar tutorial and possibly a video of the bird here in this thread.....You'll know we're close.

Awesome. Cudos to you Novej757

Regards,

Fred Fleuren

UPDATE 5/14/19

So I have good news, and I have kind of good news (or maybe bad news to some).  First the good news.  I have actually figured out a way to package the Phoenix up for download and will be testing the production version here soon.  With that being said, there's a few little things that I want to fix that have caught my eye while doing it.

The kind of good news/Bad news.....

I have been selected to Beta Test a new product from Navigraph.  The Phoenix will help me do so.  I'm super excited about this as this is the first time a well known company in the sim community has ever selected me to be a beta tester.  (I also got a beta test version of Sun Sky's KDTW scenery but that's because I donated to them years ago so I don't really count that LOL)  For my Navigraph application I actually linked my CJ2+ mod thread here on Avsim 😎!

So I say this is kind of good news/Bad news because this will push release back a bit.  However, only at the cost of more test time of the production Phoenix (the one you will be getting) while I'm using the new Navigraph product.

I would like to also say thank you to those who have already requested the Phoenix mod.  Its always an honor to see so many ppl interested in my work.  However, I would just like to add

SHE HAS NOT YET BEEN RELEASED!!!

I will be adding a tutorial on how to operate Roland's Weather Radar here in this thread BEFORE she is released.  So if you don't see that post know she is not yet available.  Now with that being said feel free to send a request now.  However, I prefer you wait until after the release.  The CJ2+ requests already keep my personal messages full here as is.  I imagine once the Phoenix is released that may be an even bigger problem (albeit a great problem to have) LOL!

Phoenix37_zpsqotqhbbj.jpg

We're off to help Navigraph!

• Like 2

Jevon 

So as this is a "modified" aircraft and I really wanted to remove the stock Throttle settings on the quadrant bezel since they no longer line up with the new settings, I decided to make some slight interior changes....

Phoenix38_zps0lcj7qfn.jpg

I like it and hate it at the same time.  I like that it gets rid of the throttle settings and that it has that "modified" look.  However, I would have preferred to have these two panels better color matched to the rest.  But if you look really close the stock throttle setting imprints are still on the throttle quadrant bezel.  The reason for this is I can't change the bump file which these reside on.  So the lighter the color of this panel, the easier it is to still see those imprints.  So I went darker.  What do you guys think, keep the new modified look or just keep the stock panel with the wrong throttle settings still shown?

Another view with interior lights off....

Phoenix39_zpsus7qrbi2.jpg

hmm......  it might be growing on me....🤔

Edited by Novej757
  • Upvote 2

Jevon 

I like the new look. Very classy. I imagine myself well during a night approach to Lake Tahoe trying to aquire visual with the airport with the cockpit in this "mood".

• Like 1

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

I have had a plane or two that were very dark in the cockpit and it wasn't very pleasing after a while...   I, personally would like the lighter colours.  I don't think the indents being slightly out would matter too much, of course the proof is in the trying....

• Like 1

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

Here is a better comparison of the flight deck update.  Below is old (new) panel (with the wrong throttle settings on the pedestal).

Pheonix10_zpsymiypfzm.jpg

Versus the new (new) modification....

Phoenix39_zpsus7qrbi2.jpg

I still haven't determined which I like better.  I think I'm leaning more to the new version as I really don't want those wrong settings on the bezel LOL.  What do you guys think?

Added some more eye candy.  Accoustic reduction on the inlet of the engine cowl (look inside the inlet)

Phoenix40_zpsj6d496yc.jpg

Our pilots were also issued their new uniforms (with embroided Phoenix of course) 😄 

Phoenix41_zpskx3ays9w.jpg

Well she's coming along.  Been really busy playing around with her along with the Navigraph Beta testing..................... Just wanted to show you all some of the little things I've added....

• Upvote 1

Jevon 

3 hours ago, Novej757 said:

still haven't determined which I like better.  I think I'm leaning more to the new version as I really don't want those wrong settings on the bezel LOL.  What do you guys think?

I stand my ground, I prefer the new version!

• Like 2

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

Update 5/21/19

Ok so the CJ2+ mod requests completely filled my PM box here, so I had to clear it out.  Unfortunately, I accidentally cleared all those who had already requested the Phoenix too.  I WOULD PREFER EVERYONE WAIT UNTIL AFTER I RELEASE HER.............but because I know you all don't care what I want (LOL), go ahead and just send me a PM with an email I can send the link to when she is released.  With that being said.........

SHE IS NOT RELEASED YET!

That is all...........

I think I'm going to stick with the darker look as far as the two center panels....Sorry @aerostar, it's grown on me.  

I will be making a post soon showing how to use Rolands weather radar in the Pheonix and I may release a intro video like I did with the CJ2+ too..... Either way she's almost ready!

One more thing I'd like to add.  You absolutely must own Carenado's Phenom 100 in order to make this mod work. Stay tuned.......

Edited by Novej757
  • Upvote 1

Jevon 

1 hour ago, Novej757 said:

I think I'm going to stick with the darker look as far as the two center panels....Sorry @aerostar, it's grown on me

...hey that's ok...  probably is the better choice,  just looking forward to it being released..  

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

I shall PM you my email address when it is released.

Did you say it was??? 😄

Regards,

Fred Fleuren

On 5/30/2019 at 8:20 PM, Fearless said:

Any news on this magnificent mod?

There will be soon 😉

Jevon