Sign in to follow this  
Novej757

Out of The Ashes: The New Black Phoenix Phenom 100E GTN-750 Mod

UPDATE 6/5/2019

So I'm really mad.  I've been trying to bring you all a good video of the mod the last few days and Youtube refuses to work with me.  So instead of keeping you waiting I just went ahead and published this one instead.  There is no captions/text (thanks YouSTUPIDTube) hopefully you guys can still get the gist of what I am trying to show you here......UGH 🤬🤬🤬🤬💥

In reality I really just need to learn how to edit movies and upload to Youtube......  Anyways I'll be bringing a how to post for Rolands Weather Radar here in a few days followed by her release!

Jevon 

UPDATE 6/14/2019 NEW VIDEO POSTED!!!!

PLEASE IGNORE THE VIDEO IN THE LAST POST.  I was not happy with anything in that video.  So I went out and actually purchased a new video editing software and tried again.  I'm very happy with the video posted below.  Before we get to the video I am happy to report this will probably be my last post until release.  I will create a new thread for the release and leave this one to serve as a sort of manual for the new bird.  I learned with the CJ2+ mod most of you don't read comprehensive (and long) instructions so I need to keep the included installation/user instructions for the Phoenix short and simple 🍻.

SO WHAT'S LEFT?

Well honestly the only thing I have left is to create the checklist file needed for the GTNs to display (of course she's going to have a working checklist just like the CJ2+) 😉 The other issue will be with Roland's Weather gauge.  There is a version for ASN users, AS16 users and ASP4 users.  I only have ASN.  So I will have to create separate instructions for the other two....NO I haven't done that yet.  Lastly, I have to create the installation instruction and package her all up (which the last part has already been made easy as I  mentioned earlier in this post

WHAT'S TAKING SO LONG?

Honestly, life.  I have a life away from this simulation world.  As many of you know I am an Mechanical Engineering student.  Well I am so close to graduating I decided to take a six sigma online course this summer.  But you don't care about that.  Simply put, I haven't really had time to work on her.  ).

WE UNDERSTAND....BUUUUUUT WHEN WILL SHE BE AVAILABLE?

Honestly, I think I can say she will be released within the next 2 weeks.  I will be going on vacation first week in July. I plan for you all to have her before then.

CAN WE REQUEST A COPY NOW?

YES I originally said I preferred you wait until she was released, but I think it may be beneficial if those who want it first go ahead and put their request in NOW LOL! 

***IF YOU WOULD LIKE A COPY OF THE BLACK PHOENIX MOD SEND ME A PM HERE WITH AN EMAIL THAT YOU ARE OK FOR ME TO SEND THE LINK TO....***

I would like to remind everyone who has already sent a request, please send another as I deleted all of them on accident when I went to empty my totally full AVSIM PM inbox.

TO THE VIDEO:

In typical me fashion, this is long (58 mins).  It's worth it (I think) I wanted to capture a video of all of the functions that you've read about in this thread, only visually!

In it you will see:

• Ground Power Mode operation
  • Weather Radar operation (with real world weather)
  • New Lighting 
  • New ground steering capabilities
  • MCT Enhance operation
  • The Phoenix Climb/Cruise capabilities 
  • Spoiler operation

and more......

Also in typical me fashion because I hate how I sound recorded there is no narrating just captions (sorry for my non-readers) LOL!  I have never used movie editing software so this is my first time I am happy with how it came out but I am open to any improvements, comments, suggestions (be nice) that I could use to make future mod videos even better.....

Hope you like it....

If you've read all the way to this point and can read this (thank you!)....I am proud to announce I have also started on the Black Phoenix Phenom 300 mod......

• Like 1

Jevon 

You've got mail..... and a LOT MORE to come !! Great job Jevon :wub:

WAT1460.png

@Novej757 great vid! One immediate question. How do you access the GTN com & xpdr settings? It appears they are hidden. 

Bruce

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

1 hour ago, bbuckley said:

@Novej757 great vid! One immediate question. How do you access the GTN com & xpdr settings? It appears they are hidden. 

Bruce

Great Question Bruce,

The radios and transponder are still tied to the G1000 (as they originally are in the base Phenom 100).  They are both accessed via the PFD.  The nav radios are in the upper left corner and the comm radios are in the upper right corner of the PFD.  The transponder settings, along with wind display options, Altimeter options and even your v speed input table are all located on the menu across the bottom of the PFD (Don't thank me these are all Carenado's work LOL.) 

However, I forgot to add there is a clickspot above GTN unit #1 (left side) on the MFD Bezel above it for the GTN popup. 😉 Also while we're talking about things I forgot to mention, the button with the D and arrow going through it  on the right side lower portion of the MFD will open the "Direct To" menu on GTN unit #1

Jevon 

7 hours ago, Novej757 said:

Great Question Bruce,

The radios and transponder are still tied to the G1000 (as they originally are in the base Phenom 100).  They are both accessed via the PFD. 

In my current PXPDR henom 100 I have a GTN 750 integrated into the MFD. I wrote some LUA scripts to synch the GTN XPDR codes and modes with the display on the PFD and even to send the Modes and IDENT to an OFFSET for use by online ATC clients. I find that in flight, online with ATC (I use PilotEdge) it is a LOT easier to set and change freqs using the GTN than the PFD.

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

3 hours ago, bbuckley said:

In my current PXPDR henom 100 I have a GTN 750 integrated into the MFD. I wrote some LUA scripts to synch the GTN XPDR codes and modes with the display on the PFD and even to send the Modes and IDENT to an OFFSET for use by online ATC clients. I find that in flight, online with ATC (I use PilotEdge) it is a LOT easier to set and change freqs using the GTN than the PFD.

Wow very cool!  Well like i said there is a clickspot for the gtn 2d pop up if you want to add your script.  Just like the CJ2+ mod and its FMS, I personally wanted to keep some of the G1000 functionality.  Not to mention the comm/nav menus are kind of hard to see with the dual gtns on one MFD....

• Like 1

Jevon 

I think you need a beta tester before you release that bad boy !  (left hand raised high ) 🖐️

WAT1460.png

5 hours ago, vcarlo said:

I think you need a beta tester before you release that bad boy !  (left hand raised high ) 🖐️

You may be right 😉.  If i do they will be for users with AS16 or ASP4 to make sure the radar works with them.  We'll see...

Jevon 

P3D v4.5 running Environment Force and ASP4 here :smile:

• Like 1

WAT1460.png

Question.... if I purchase the Carenado Synthetic Vision add on (which is compatible with the original Phenom 100), do you foresee any issues with the Phoenix 100 ? 

WAT1460.png

5 hours ago, vcarlo said:

Question.... if I purchase the Carenado Synthetic Vision add on (which is compatible with the original Phenom 100), do you foresee any issues with the Phoenix 100 ? 

Short answer is yes.  But.....  i did think about that, so the included pfd is the new synth vision ready version.  The problem is i don't know if the synth vision is tied into the original MFD or anything else.  I don't have the synth vision so maybe you can test it out when you get her.....

Jevon 

5 minutes ago, Novej757 said:

Short answer is yes.  But.....  i did think about that, so the included pfd is the new synth vision ready version.  The problem is i don't know if the synth vision is tied into the original MFD or anything else.  I don't have the synth vision so maybe you can test it out when you get her.....

OK, will do...... (when you send her) :wink:

WAT1460.png

Should not have any problems using the SVS with a modified MFD as it is only coded in the PFD's. The MDF does not contain any of its coding. The only file with SVS code is the PFD common update for initialization on startup. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Regards,

Jorge

i9 10900KF 5.3 \ ASUS Maximus Hero XII \ GigaByte RTX 2080Ti GAMING OC 11GB \ 32GB G.SKILL Z DDR4 3200MHZ \ ASUS ROG 34" UHD monitor\
Samsung 950 PRO M.2 NVME 500GB C Drive \ 4 - 1TB Samsung 860 EVO \ Windows 10 PRO v2004 \ P3DV4.5 \ P3DV5 \ MSFS 2020 PD Ed. \
Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder 1600M FCS \ Saitek Pro PZ45 Throttle Quadrant \ Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant