Sign in to follow this  
Novej757

Out of The Ashes: The New Black Phoenix Phenom 100E GTN-750 Mod

UPDATE 6/26/19

Just wanted to give you guys a quick update.  I'm working on the Installation instructions and final packaging.  You all will have her by this weekend.  I did want to let everyone know I have not included a checklist on the GTN like I originally planned.  I will provide an update after the initial release for those who want it.  I don't really like the included checklist Carenado gave us with the Phenom 100, It will need some changes for the Phoenix that might lengthen the time to release.  So I decided not to include it....... FOR NOW 😉 !  Sorry for those who wanted this initially.

Lastly, (if you haven't already and you want a copy of the Phoenix) please send me a PM with an email link you are ok for me to send the link to when she is available.......

stay tuned........(she's almost ready)......

Jevon 

I will make an official post tomorrow or should I say later today (its 0219 😭)......  Anyways

The Phoenix Phenom 100E mod is now released! 

Goodnight 

• Like 1

Jevon 

A triumph Jevon!!! Simply a triumph...

Installation went without a hitch, swapped in the RXP GTN's and with a very limited flight all seems to be as advertised.

Many thanks for putting this together. Its quite "Phenomenal".

I'll be back if anything comes up with more robust testing.

Skyscraper

• Like 1

Skyscraper

9 hours ago, skyscraper said:

A triumph Jevon!!! Simply a triumph...

Installation went without a hitch, swapped in the RXP GTN's and with a very limited flight all seems to be as advertised.

Many thanks for putting this together. Its quite "Phenomenal".

I'll be back if anything comes up with more robust testing.

Skyscraper

I see what you did there 👀.....lol

Jevon 

OK, my friend, I knew you would release her while I was traveling for the first time in 4 months :rolleyes: I have received the release and will be pulling her out of the hangar this morning,.  Thank you Jevon for all the time and effort you have spent on the Phoenix.  Feedback to follow soon !! 

Vince 

WAT1460.png

I know I'll love it, but I must be doing something wrong... 2 problems:

1. on initialization the PFD screen is the modified PFD with the engine instruments but it quickly changes to the "normal" PFD screen and I can't figure out why.

2. I carefully followed the instructions but I can't get the wx radar to display. I installed VC++ 2015.

I'm using the RXP GTN750s and that seems to work just fine. The only changes I made to the panel.cfg were the GTN gauge names etc for the F1 to the RXP GTNs.

Bruce

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

1 hour ago, bbuckley said:

I know I'll love it, but I must be doing something wrong... 2 problems:

1. on initialization the PFD screen is the modified PFD with the engine instruments but it quickly changes to the "normal" PFD screen and I can't figure out why.

2. I carefully followed the instructions but I can't get the wx radar to display. I installed VC++ 2015.

I'm using the RXP GTN750s and that seems to work just fine. The only changes I made to the panel.cfg were the GTN gauge names etc for the F1 to the RXP GTNs.

Bruce

Hey Bruce,

I'm sorry you are having some issues with her lets see if we can figure out what's going on.

First, with the weather radar which version are you using ASN or AS16/P4?  Also have you watched the long video I posted above?  It shows how to operate the radar if everything is installed correctly.  Silly question but do you have Active Sky open when trying to use it?

Second,  what do you mean the PFD changes to the "normal" one?  Does the engine gauges disappear?  

Sorry for so many questions, I haven't seen this issue yet just want to get as much info as I can.....  Oh are you using FSX or P3D?  LOL

4 hours ago, vcarlo said:

OK, my friend, I knew you would release her while I was traveling for the first time in 4 months :rolleyes: I have received the release and will be pulling her out of the hangar this morning,.  Thank you Jevon for all the time and effort you have spent on the Phoenix.  Feedback to follow soon !! 

Vince 

Hey Vince,

Why do you think it really took so long for release?  I was waiting on you to go somewhere 🤣

• Upvote 1

Jevon 

5 hours ago, Novej757 said:

Hey Bruce,

I'm sorry you are having some issues with her lets see if we can figure out what's going on.

I figured it out... it was pilot error... that's all. 🙂 A quick test flight and approach and I love it! Very nice job!

Bruce

Edited by bbuckley
  • Like 1

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

1 hour ago, bbuckley said:

I figured it out... it was pilot error... that's all. 🙂 A quick test flight and approach and I love it! Very nice job!

Bruce

GREAT NEWS!!! Happy Flying!!!

• Like 1

Jevon 

UPDATE 7/2/2019

So far it seems like we've had a successful release (knock on wood), If anything comes up please put it here in this thread.

I also just want to let you know I'm going on vacation tomorrow with the family for a week (celebrating 8 years of happy marriage July 4th)  I will be checking this thread as much as I can but there may be a delay on getting the mod out while I'm gone.  Still, if you are interested in receiving her please send me a PM here with an email to send the link to.   I want to wish everyone (in the  US) a happy and safe 4th of July and for those who have already received her, I look forward to reading your feedback 😄  

J

Edited by Novej757

Jevon 

Jevon,

After my first couple of quick flights, I have  no negatives to report. Looking forward to more flights and learning more about the Wx radar, etc.  I want to wish you and your wife a Happy Anniversary and hope you have an awesome vacation !!  Thanks so much for the Phoenix !

• Like 1

WAT1460.png

13 hours ago, vcarlo said:

Jevon,

After my first couple of quick flights, I have  no negatives to report. Looking forward to more flights and learning more about the Wx radar, etc.  I want to wish you and your wife a Happy Anniversary and hope you have an awesome vacation !!  Thanks so much for the Phoenix !

Thank you for your wishes and continued support!

Jevon 

Hey Jevon,

Thanks for the Pheonix. I got everything installed (I believe) but got a little confused around the overlap with the Weather Radar install - I'll feedback when I'm certain where I went wrong, but I think I know - I took things too literally.
However, right now, the Pheonix is powered upwith Captain's and Co-Pilots PFD's running but the middle MFD is black. I'm sure it'll be me being a dork but I can't see what's up.

Thanks -

28 minutes ago, Cloudrider said:

but the middle MFD is black

Are you using F1 or RXP GTNs? If RXP then you need to copy an RealityXP.GTN.ini file and paste it into the Carenado Phoenix Phenom 100E folder. If you don't have it the dual GTNs will appear black and the wx radar will appear solid black until you turn it on using the lower right click spot and mouse wheel to scroll through the 3 modes.

Here is what my INI looks like:

Spoiler

[GTN_750_1]
; is the master device if true.
MasterDevice = true
; try to connect G1000 to 430 for FPL
LinkGPS = 1
LinkCrs = true
LinkObs = true
LinkVor = true
UseSimGpsCmds = true
LinkSimGps = true
UseAltMouse = true
FuelType = JETA
; aviation db: 0: nav_db2_grm, 1: nav_db2, 2: nav_heli_db2_grmn, 3: nav_heli_db2
NavDbType = 0
; TAWS approach air speed (knots) or -1 (auto detect Vref: 123)
TawsApprSpeed = 123
; TAWS flap extension speed (knots) or -1 (auto detect Vfe: 215)
TawsFlapSpeed = 215
; TAWS gear extension speed (knots) or -1 (auto detect Vle: 260)
TawsGearSpeed = 260
VoicePref = MALE

[GTN_750_1.DEFAULT]
; show screen only gauge if true.
nobezel = false
; screen only border size (pixels).
border.size = 0
; screen only border color (#RGB or #RGBA).
border.rgba = #000000
; display mouse tooltips if true.
tooltips = false
; enable mouse clickspots if true, disable if false.
usemouse = true
; enable alternate click-spots (left CCW, right CW, middle Push) if true.
usealtmouse = false
; enable touch beyond screen bounds if true (2D only), clip if false (GTN native).
extendtouch = true
; auto-resize dimension (width,height)
refsize = 
; left mouse button on the screen toggles popup window by ident (ex: GPS_PANEL or 225) (requires SHIFT+left mouse button).
popleft = 
; right mouse button on the screen toggles popup window by ident (ex: GPS_PANEL or 225).
popright = 
; adjust brightness (0 to 100)
brightness.bezel = 100
; offset brightness (-100 to +100)
brightness.screen = 0

[GTN_750_2]
; is the master device if true.
MasterDevice = false
; try to connect G1000 to 430 for FPL
LinkGPS = 1
LinkCrs = true 
LinkObs = true 
LinkVor = true 
UseSimGpsCmds = true 
LinkSimGps = true 
UseAltMouse = true 
FuelType = JETA
; aviation db: 0: nav_db2_grm, 1: nav_db2, 2: nav_heli_db2_grmn, 3: nav_heli_db2
NavDbType = 0
; TAWS approach air speed (knots) or -1 (auto detect Vref: 123)
TawsApprSpeed = 123
; TAWS flap extension speed (knots) or -1 (auto detect Vfe: 215)
TawsFlapSpeed = 215
; TAWS gear extension speed (knots) or -1 (auto detect Vle: 260)
TawsGearSpeed = 260
VoicePref = MALE

[GTN_750_2.DEFAULT]
; show screen only gauge if true.
nobezel = false
; screen only border size (pixels).
border.size = 0
; screen only border color (#RGB or #RGBA).
border.rgba = #000000
; display mouse tooltips if true.
tooltips = false
; enable mouse clickspots if true, disable if false.
usemouse = true
; enable alternate click-spots (left CCW, right CW, middle Push) if true.
usealtmouse = false
; enable touch beyond screen bounds if true (2D only), clip if false (GTN native).
extendtouch = true
; auto-resize dimension (width,height)
refsize = 
; left mouse button on the screen toggles popup window by ident (ex: GPS_PANEL or 225) (requires SHIFT+left mouse button).
popleft = 
; right mouse button on the screen toggles popup window by ident (ex: GPS_PANEL or 225).
popright = 
; adjust brightness (0 to 100)
brightness.bezel = 100
; offset brightness (-100 to +100)
brightness.screen = 0

Jevon,

Seems there may be an issue with some sounds like FIRE test.  Also the panel cfg shows reference to some GPWS callout sounds (unable to hear any).... thanks

WAT1460.png