Sign in to follow this  
Novej757

Out of The Ashes: The New Black Phoenix Phenom 100E GTN-750 Mod

On 7/4/2019 at 5:28 PM, bbuckley said:

Are you using F1 or RXP GTNs? If RXP then you need to copy an RealityXP.GTN.ini file and paste it into the Carenado Phoenix Phenom 100E folder. If you don't have it the dual GTNs will appear black and the wx radar will appear solid black until you turn it on using the lower right click spot and mouse wheel to scroll through the 3 modes. 

Thanks Bruce.
So forgive me. This was one of the questions in the back of my mind, but I couldn't find anything on the thread (or missed it)... does the mod work with the G1000's that the E50P was born with, or do we need to purchase GTN's?

Thanks again.
Nige

50 minutes ago, Cloudrider said:

does the mod work with the G1000's that the E50P was born with, or do we need to purchase GTN's?

No, the mod is specifically meant to work with a purchased GTN. Jevon ships it with a panel for the Flight1 (F1) GTNs but it's an easy mod to use the RealityXP GTNs. But you do need one or the other. Now Rolands Wx Radar is a separate gauge and freeware that can be installed in many airplanes. 

Bruce

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

18 hours ago, vcarlo said:

Jevon,

Seems there may be an issue with some sounds like FIRE test.  Also the panel cfg shows reference to some GPWS callout sounds (unable to hear any).... 

Hmmm I don't remember turning off the Aural tests even though I don't use them. I don't use it because i get really weird false activations during flight if I test it on the ground before the flight. I've narrowed this down to a bug in Carenado's stall warning tests.  Meaning i can run all the other aural tests but that one prior to flight and be just fine.  Funny thing is I actually confirmed the same issue in the CJ2 and my CJ2+ prior to doing the Phoenix. 

Do me a favor email me a copy of the panel.cfg for the Phoenix....I can't open it on my cell phone via drop box.  I cant remember did the Carenado Phenom have the GPWS callouts stock?  I think so....I change all of my ga aircraft to the one you see in the .cfg. in doing so I would have turned off the stock ones.  Which should be an easy fix I just need to see the panel config lol.  That may also let me see if I turned off any aural tests too....(if not I will have to look into that when I get home)

Jevon 

2 hours ago, Cloudrider said:

Thanks Bruce.
So forgive me. This was one of the questions in the back of my mind, but I couldn't find anything on the thread (or missed it)... does the mod work with the G1000's that the E50P was born with, or do we need to purchase GTN's?

Thanks again.
Nige

My apologies Nige.  Yes Bruce is correct you will need either the RXP or F1 Payware GTN 750s for this mod to work.  I def need to make that clear in the instructions.  SN:  Trust me either is worth the purchase price! They completely transform the flying experience in whatever aircraft they are installed into....esp with the new VNAV capabilities

• Like 1

Jevon 

2 hours ago, Novej757 said:

Hmmm I don't remember turning off the Aural tests even though I don't use them. I don't use it because i get really weird false activations during flight if I test it on the ground before the flight. I've narrowed this down to a bug in Carenado's stall warning tests.  Meaning i can run all the other aural tests but that one prior to flight and be just fine.  Funny thing is I actually confirmed the same issue in the CJ2 and my CJ2+ prior to doing the Phoenix. 

Do me a favor email me a copy of the panel.cfg for the Phoenix....I can't open it on my cell phone via drop box.  I cant remember did the Carenado Phenom have the GPWS callouts stock?  I think so....I change all of my ga aircraft to the one you see in the .cfg. in doing so I would have turned off the stock ones.  Which should be an easy fix I just need to see the panel config lol.  That may also let me see if I turned off any aural tests too....(if not I will have to look into that when I get home)

Sending you the file you need...take care.

Oh yeah, the Phoenix has GPWS sounds like PULL UP, etc but no altitude callouts during landing.

Edited by vcarlo

WAT1460.png

16 hours ago, vcarlo said:

Sending you the file you need...take care.

Oh yeah, the Phoenix has GPWS sounds like PULL UP, etc but no altitude callouts during landing.

Thanks I got it but still can't open it.  I'll look at it after I get back.

Jevon 

23 hours ago, bbuckley said:

No, the mod is specifically meant to work with a purchased GTN. Jevon ships it with a panel for the Flight1 (F1) GTNs but it's an easy mod to use the RealityXP GTNs. But you do need one or the other. Now Rolands Wx Radar is a separate gauge and freeware that can be installed in many airplanes. 

Bruce

Bruce,

Can you send me your panel settings for the RXP GTN instead of the F1 GTN.  I did not change anything but the names of the gauge and when I look at the result, the two RXP GTNs are a lot smaller in size than the F1 GTNs  which fit perfectly in the old MFD.  Thanks 

WAT1460.png

21 hours ago, Novej757 said:

My apologies Nige.  Yes Bruce is correct you will need either the RXP or F1 Payware GTN 750s for this mod to work.  I def need to make that clear in the instructions.  SN:  Trust me either is worth the purchase price! They completely transform the flying experience in whatever aircraft they are installed into....esp with the new VNAV capabilities

Thanks for clarifying guys.

46 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

Bruce,

Can you send me your panel settings for the RXP GTN instead of the F1 GTN.  I did not change anything but the names of the gauge and when I look at the result, the two RXP GTNs are a lot smaller in size than the F1 GTNs  which fit perfectly in the old MFD.  Thanks 

Will do. Will send email later tonight when I get home. Are they smaller just due to the Wx radar below the left GTN?

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

1 hour ago, bbuckley said:

Will do. Will send email later tonight when I get home. Are they smaller just due to the Wx radar below the left GTN?

That's the perfect aspect ratio to fit two in the space provided by the MFD with out them looking distorted.

Jevon 

34 minutes ago, Novej757 said:

That's the perfect aspect ratio to fit two in the space provided by the MFD with out them looking distorted.

Yes, that’s why I’m asking if it just looks small but is actually correct. I’ve also done a mod that puts the wx radar on the copilot PFD and uses one GTN alongside the EFIS. I’d rather have a wx radar than a copilot anyway. 😂

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, bbuckley said:

Yes, that’s why I’m asking if it just looks small but is actually correct. I’ve also done a mod that puts the wx radar on the copilot PFD and uses one GTN alongside the EFIS. I’d rather have a wx radar than a copilot anyway. 😂

When I keep both RXP GTN ratios the same as Jevon's they fit fine but the screens are smaller and harder to see.  I really love the idea of having 2 large GTNs in the MFD and then moving the Wx Radar to the copilot PFD.  That would make it a lot easier to see without having to zoom in a lot to the MFD screen.  I understand this takes away a lot of realism from the copilot PFD.  Some of us want to adhere to realism and some want to fly with "all the comforts" of home.  We can always make more than one panel cfg and make our choice before each flight 👍

• Like 1

WAT1460.png

2 hours ago, vcarlo said:

I really love the idea of having 2 large GTNs in the MFD and then moving the Wx Radar to the copilot PFD. 

Unfortunately, Jevon sized them as large as they can be without distortion for two GTNs side by side on the MFD even if you move the radar. Before the Phoenix, I had already modified my Phenom to have a single GTN on the MFD and kept the EFIS there also to maintain the proper GTN aspect ratio. So I now have a hybrid of that and the Phoenix, that has all of Jevon's great mods but goes back to a single GTN on the MFD w/EFIS and moves the radar to the copilot PFD. For me that's a great compromise. My eyes are too old to struggle with the dual GTNs (although it's a great implementation Jevon!), and I always fly single pilot anyway (both sim and most of the time IRL) so using the copilot PFD for radar is fine. I may try to implement a button to go from copilot PFD to radar and back but haven't figured that out yet. 

3 hours ago, bbuckley said:

Unfortunately, Jevon sized them as large as they can be without distortion for two GTNs side by side on the MFD even if you move the radar. Before the Phoenix, I had already modified my Phenom to have a single GTN on the MFD and kept the EFIS there also to maintain the proper GTN aspect ratio. So I now have a hybrid of that and the Phoenix, that has all of Jevon's great mods but goes back to a single GTN on the MFD w/EFIS and moves the radar to the copilot PFD. For me that's a great compromise. My eyes are too old to struggle with the dual GTNs (although it's a great implementation Jevon!), and I always fly single pilot anyway (both sim and most of the time IRL) so using the copilot PFD for radar is fine. I may try to implement a button to go from copilot PFD to radar and back but haven't figured that out yet. 

Hey that's what makes this a community project.  I used others ideas and implemented them in the Phoenix to my liking.  I absolutely understand the GTNs and WX radar are small.  Please modify it to your hearts desire.  The hope is this is something all will enjoy! 

I just wish I wasn't so limited with Carenado's VC modeling...i would so enlarge the MFD if I could lol!

• Like 1

Jevon