Sign in to follow this  
Novej757

Out of The Ashes: The New Black Phoenix Phenom 100E GTN-750 Mod

@Novej757 Hey! I've been absolutely loving this airplane. I fly it a LOT! But one question: now that it's getting darker earlier (and I fly online with real world time and weather) I'd like to convert the flashing landing lights to steady. They are brighter than the taxi lights and in P3Dv4 they're needed.

Awesome work!

Bruce

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

18 hours ago, bbuckley said:

@Novej757 Hey! I've been absolutely loving this airplane. I fly it a LOT! But one question: now that it's getting darker earlier (and I fly online with real world time and weather) I'd like to convert the flashing landing lights to steady. They are brighter than the taxi lights and in P3Dv4 they're needed.

Awesome work!

Bruce

Hmmm for me in fsx they are the same intensity.  This must be a P3D lighting thing.  I will def look into this when i get a chance.  I may need you to test it for me if i figure something out.

• Like 1

Jevon 

Hey @bbuckley try this:

Use Notepad and open your panel.cfg file

scroll down to the "[Vcockpit02]" section

place a "//" in front of gauge09......  It should look like this

"//gauge09=PulseLights!PulsingLightsControl, 0,0,0,1"

save and close the panel.cfg

That should work as your disabling the pulse light xml  Let me know.....

Jevon 

@Novej757 That did it, landing light steady. About the brightness, from an exterior view the taxi and landing light intensities are the same, but from inside the VC the landing light is significantly brighter. Was great on rollout.

Thanks,

Bruce

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

8 minutes ago, bbuckley said:

@Novej757 That did it, landing light steady. About the brightness, from an exterior view the taxi and landing light intensities are the same, but from inside the VC the landing light is significantly brighter. Was great on rollout.

Thanks,

Bruce

Great.  Glad that's what you were looking for, maybe I'll look at changing the order and make the Landing light position steady and the Taxi light position the pulsing (shrug).  I guess it doesn't need pulsing lights....I just always thought that was a cool feature, especially the Wig wag (left on right off left off right on) pattern.  Unfortunately that has to be programmed into the actual model to simulate it.

Jevon 

Oh I thought it was a cool feature, I just needed to actually use the landing light. to see... 😂

Hey Everyone!

@Novej757 I got this bird loaded, but I am having some issues it seems. First issue is I don't have split PFD to show engine info like the video or the screenshots.

Second issue is my weather radar is not displaying weather. Even when I put in test mode. I made sure to turn of cockpit reflections like the readme states. 

Hopefully I didn't miss something simple. Hopefully I can find something on the first few pages to figure this all out. But any help is appreciated. 

Thanks everyone. 

@EuroMike After the PFD reverts to the normal display, just press (left click) the little red button to the left of the PFD at the bottom of the com panel, marked "DISPLAY BACKUP", and the engine data reappears.

I've never seen wx displayed in test mode. If you are getting a good wx radar displayed and can change modes. Load up on a runway at an airport with storms ahead and try turning it all the way to On with antenna angle 0 or +1 degrees and range out to 80nm to see if it displays the wx then.

23 hours ago, EuroMike said:

Hey Everyone!

@Novej757 I got this bird loaded, but I am having some issues it seems. First issue is I don't have split PFD to show engine info like the video or the screenshots.

Second issue is my weather radar is not displaying weather. Even when I put in test mode. I made sure to turn of cockpit reflections like the readme states. 

Hopefully I didn't miss something simple. Hopefully I can find something on the first few pages to figure this all out. But any help is appreciated. 

Thanks everyone. 

Hey thanks @bbuckley if I could I'd make you a moderator on this thread with all the help you've been giving when I'm not around Thanks

Hey Mike did you get this resolved yet?  Also what sim are you flying her in?  Make sure you have the right weather gauge for the sim you are using (see instructions in download)...

Jevon 

@Novej757 Love your airplane and love to try to help. 

• Like 1

Heya sent a message via pm with my email wanting to try to get a copy of this mod looks great from what ive read and seen from the video on youtube, havent heard anything back yet though, Im not complaining or anything just eagerly awaiting lol i have had this bird shelved in my hangar for a long time and your mod has me itching to take her out again. Honestly this seems to be the closeset thing i can find in quality compareable to aerobasks offerings for x plane

On 1/20/2020 at 1:44 PM, DracudaAlteron said:

Heya sent a message via pm with my email wanting to try to get a copy of this mod looks great from what ive read and seen from the video on youtube, havent heard anything back yet though, Im not complaining or anything just eagerly awaiting lol i have had this bird shelved in my hangar for a long time and your mod has me itching to take her out again. Honestly this seems to be the closeset thing i can find in quality compareable to aerobasks offerings for x plane

Hope you enjoy her!! Sorry again for my late response.

Jevon 

Finally I got the P3D4.5 HF2 reinstalled. One of the first aircrafts I installed, was the Phenom 100. Did some testing. Horror FMC. Never ever buy anything from Carenado where no GTN mod available. Thanks Novej757, you made my day!

Cheers Jens

• Like 1

Jevon

I received the Phenom 100 mod and downloaded the zip file.  The instructions said to transfer the model and sound folders to the Black Phoenix folder and place that folder in the FSX aircraft folder. There were no other files.  I started up the simulator and the regular Phenom 100 aircraft loaded but I got nothing from the Black Phoenix program. Something is missing.  FSX doesn't recognize the file.

I don't have the dropbox  and the Zip file was downloaded to my computer.

budlee4

Jevon,

I finally got FSX to recognize the Black phoenix-phenom and it is now working.  I still don't know

what was wrong to start with but I kept opening the files one at a time until the GTN configuration tool

added it to its list of aircraft.  Once it did that I was able the fly the aircraft from Haward to Bakersfield

with waypoints and make a good landing.

It's a nice aircraft -- you did a great job and I like it very much.  Keep up the good work.

budlee4

• Like 1